• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages by splat

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Does this version have an updated camera? I personally used Yoshi's Island (Melee) STPM and StagePosition data and it just looks amazing. If not I could just put it in myself again.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it I bet some of Super Mario 3d worlds Bowser music would fit quite nicely on this stage.

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
This thread looks fresh as hell with the first post clean up. Am i the only one that's mad intrigued by "unannounced stage"? As ever, really looking forward to progress, particularly excited about Golden Temple, the most recent picture you had up looked on point.

splat

Smash Lord
No stage updates, but I have been working on a little something:

How are these? I can't stand the Wario recolors the normal game offers, so I decided to make some of my own.
I personally really dig the green one, but I feel like the red one could do with.. something. Don't really know what, though.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
How are these? I can't stand the Wario recolors the normal game offers, so I decided to make some of my own.
I personally really dig the green one, but I feel like the red one could do with.. something. Don't really know what, though.
My God, first Rice Beach, now this? It's like you can read my mind. I was actually planning on making these myself (being that my primary usage of Wario is in doubles, and I don't necessarily like having to resort to the biker costume), but I have to say, these are really good. As for the red one, I can see what you mean. The thing is, with the Green and Blue ones, you've got different shades of green and blue rather than just the different brightness you've got on the red one. May I suggest making his hat and shirt slightly more orange? I think that would really make the outfit.

Also, I'll be looking out for when you post the the DL for these. I can't wait to play around with them.

juvi97

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, this stage looks really cool, but I kind of like all the stages you suggest we replace. Instead, I'd like to replace Frigate Orpheon (**** that stage >.>). I know how to replace the icons and everything, but the rel files are what confuses me. Could someone please explain how I would create an rel that would allow me to replace Frigate Orpheon with Bowser's castle?

I'm very novice at this, so it would be great if you could spell it out in depth - like what I would name the Bowser's castle stage, and so on.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Ah never mind, I figured it out. rename bowsers castle to the name of the stage you want to replace, then make an rel (use this: http://www.lakora.us/rel/) between mario kart and whatever stage you care to replace. then place bowsers castle (renamed) in the stages folder, and the rel in the module folder. I did it for Frigate orpheon, obviously, and it works great. great stage guys! I look forward to future updates.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey Splat, do you still have the Podoboo and Koopa Axe for Bowser's Castle?

jammer506

Smash Rookie
LOVE THIS STAGE. I have it placed over Rainbow Cruise, and I can't get any music to work. I know you guys said the music might not work. Is there any work around?

[EDIT] I'm an idiot. I literally tried everything. Finally found a fix though, copied my entire SD Card onto my computer and reformatted it. Replaced all of it back on, and works perfectly. THANKS!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
There's a slight problem, I can change the Icon, the name of stage and stuff, but when I actually play on the stage on Project M, it's still Peach's Castle? I know it must have something to do with PPC already replacing Mario Kart, but can someone tell me how this can be fixed? I renamed the file STGKART.pac and all, and I'm assuming that you don't need .rels for putting it over Peach's Castle.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Is anyone else bothered by the camera in the Project M version? The little rises around the main structure get in the way. I know it doesn't really matter but the three people I play with and I all dislike it. It messes up our spacing when we can't see our entire body.
Would there be a way to make the camera slightly more from above? Or maybe just farther out?

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I don't notice any issues with the camera at all. And I can't really understand what you mean by "little rises get in the way" and "we can't see our entire body", those are pretty vague statements. Do you have a video or a replay that I can take a look at so I can visually see any problems the camera might have?

For reference, I used 3.02 Norfair's camera data because it has a similar build in terms of blastzone and camera limits. Maybe try porting the camera data from Battlefield, Final Destination, or Pokemon Stadium 2, they're also fairly similar. If it works better, let me know so I can apply a quick fix. I'm unfortunately busy with other things right now so I won't be able to get around to fixing it myself for a while.

Last edited:

Bistai

Smash Rookie
For some strange reason I can't get this stage to work...

I'm using Project M so I downloaded the Project M version, then I renamed the STGBOWSER file to STGKART (in order to put it over Mario Circuit) but when I load it up in game, it just freezes.

I'd really like some help on this, because to be fairly honest this stage looks like a ton of fun to play on.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
For some strange reason I can't get this stage to work...

I'm using Project M so I downloaded the Project M version, then I renamed the STGBOWSER file to STGKART (in order to put it over Mario Circuit) but when I load it up in game, it just freezes.

I'd really like some help on this, because to be fairly honest this stage looks like a ton of fun to play on.
Remove st_kart.rel from the module folder.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Is anyone having problems with the Bowser's Castle stage or is it just me?

Whenever I replace the appropriate files in the common5 file with the icons for Bowser's Castle, my game freezes when I hit "Training" or "Brawl." I'm using BrawlBox 0.69b if it helps.

This happens to me every time so I'm confused as to what the problem may be; I even made icons from scratch and it still freezes on me.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is anyone having problems with the Bowser's Castle stage or is it just me?

Whenever I replace the appropriate files in the common5 file with the icons for Bowser's Castle, my game freezes when I hit "Training" or "Brawl." I'm using BrawlBox 0.69b if it helps.

This happens to me every time so I'm confused as to what the problem may be; I even made icons from scratch and it still freezes on me.
Filesize issue, maybe. Make sure that all of the icons for the stage are the same size as the ones for other stages, and if it still freezes then resize all of the MenSelmapPrevBase textures to 114x114.

Last edited:

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Theory time:

This thread has been dead for a while. Splat has been sparse with updates lately. Some would say because the stages/real life have been keeping him busy, but I have a different idea.

Check out ReflexWonder's interview about Project M. Specifically this bit:

...There are a couple of brand-new stage concepts that I've fallen in love with, so thinking about what series or character hasn't had much stage representation might lead you to something the stage list in the Smash series has been missing for far too long. I can't say much for fear of taking away from the introduction of what is yet to come, but I will say that we've been keeping up with the discussions on Smashboards threads, the Project M subreddit, and social media sites, and we've seen some pretty promising ideas that we're interested in implementing. If you're speculating, taking a look around there would probably be a good place to start.
I've taken a look around, and to be honest, Splat's stages are some of the most professional and balanced looking outside of Project M official stages.

My theory is that the PMBR saw Splat's stages, contacted him with the interest of included some in Project M's next release, and this has been keeping Splat quiet while he works in tandem with PMBR.

Anyway, I wanted to breath some life into this thread again, and if my conspiracy theory is wrong, don't mind my tinfoil hat.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Theory time:

This thread has been dead for a while. Splat has been sparse with updates lately. Some would say because the stages/real life have been keeping him busy, but I have a different idea.

Check out ReflexWonder's interview about Project M. Specifically this bit:

I've taken a look around, and to be honest, Splat's stages are some of the most professional and balanced looking outside of Project M official stages.

My theory is that the PMBR saw Splat's stages, contacted him with the interest of included some in Project M's next release, and this has been keeping Splat quiet while he works in tandem with PMBR.

Anyway, I wanted to breath some life into this thread again, and if my conspiracy theory is wrong, don't mind my tinfoil hat.
I wouldn't put it past them. splat does a damn good job with all these (albeit mostly unreleased) stages.

I need more than just Bowser's Castle, as perfect as that stage is. I'm still looking forward to his Wario Land stage.

splat

Smash Lord
If only :( haha

I can honestly say that I have no affiliation with the PMBR, so the stages mentioned will be as much of a surprise to me as they will be to you. I'm insanely curious what they're coming up with, though! I loved how they mixed up SSE and Distant Planet.

As for the lack of updates: I've just been very busy. I've started my so-called minor (a part of Dutch education dedicated to a particular subject that should tie in with your actual education), which eats up most of my time. I also had to switch computers, so it'll take some time to set this one up to start building stuff again. It's still something I want to do in the (near) future, but I'll just have to see when I can find the time :)

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
If only :( haha

I can honestly say that I have no affiliation with the PMBR, so the stages mentioned will be as much of a surprise to me as they will be to you. I'm insanely curious what they're coming up with, though! I loved how they mixed up SSE and Distant Planet.

As for the lack of updates: I've just been very busy. I've started my so-called minor (a part of Dutch education dedicated to a particular subject that should tie in with your actual education), which eats up most of my time. I also had to switch computers, so it'll take some time to set this one up to start building stuff again. It's still something I want to do in the (near) future, but I'll just have to see when I can find the time :)
I'll bet they told you to say that!

splat

Smash Lord

Anyone able to recognize what I based this on?

It'll be a casual stage, with a slightly raised pillar in the middle and two lower platforms near the sides. Possibly a third platform flying in from the top, above the biggest, main area - but that depends if I can find a design that fits the rest of the stage.

I should be getting lessons in 3DS Max texture mapping soon, which would increase the speed I can finish stuff by A LOT.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

It'll be a casual stage, with a slightly raised pillar in the middle and two lower platforms near the sides. Possibly a third platform flying in from the top, above the biggest, main area - but that depends if I can find a design that fits the rest of the stage.

I should be getting lessons in 3DS Max texture mapping soon, which would increase the speed I can finish stuff by A LOT.
It reminds me of something from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

BTW, I want to put Bowser's Castle over Rainbow Cruise, & I have Project M. Please tell me where to put it.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Get a .rel to place what you want and then your good2go

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

This looks really cool. It reminds me of the background ruins in the Wii-U Battlefield

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I really love the collection of stages you've worked on. Especially Bowser's Castle. The PMBR really should replace Rainbow Cruise with it and add that other Mushroom Kingdom variant so we can have better Mario stages to play with.

Top Bottom