• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Export "#4" - Frigate Orpheon

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Frigate Orpheon

Pros:
-
Cons:
-
Counterpicks -

Bans -

Rating -

It is so eerie on this stage. Alright now we moved from the stadium to a stage that will literally flip you and has a distracting Parasite Queen watching you the entire match. o_O No worries though it will not attack you but if you are afraid of the dark you might wanna watch out. The stage sometimes loses power ^^". Ah well be careful while observing this uncanny stage. ;o

this isn't really the fourth since someone doesn't wanna discuss Distant Planet yet. xD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Goodness no one likes FO? ;-;

I like this stage probably more than I should. This stage is good to take tether recoveries and it is fun once you learn how to navigate. Gah I don't have cool maps like rPSI and Tokaio usually have but ima try and explain where I like to be on this stage T.T

Alright one of my favorite spots on the first starting transformation is the moving platform on the right. When it is equivalent to the stage is probably the time i don't like it so much. However when the portion is higher or lower is when it gets really fun. When you are below you can do alot of tricks to characters and some characters will be scepticle to approach you because to some characters (i.e. Olimar, ZSS, Ivysaur, Ness, Link, CF, Ganon) they know there is no ledge and if they somehow get off that platform they might not be making it back. Lucas doesn't have any trouble getting back though >:] You can make the bottom portion a camping area for you. When the platform (that wants to be an elevator xD) goes to it's highest point you can camp but air characters (like MK, ZSS, Peach, Ness) will start to give you a bit of trouble here. Also when recovering from this side of the stage remember to aim your PKT2 well or you'll go bouncing off the side ;____; (has happened more than I would like to admit with me) I also like the other side of the stage with the platform above that never moves. This side also makes Thundersliding Ledgegaurding a lot easier o_O idk probably just me. The boundaries of this stage are actually pretty cool for Lucas overall.

The second transformation is a bit more fun. You can have fun with Thundersliding here. Now both people don't have to worry about recovering as much since both sides have ledges. A very basic stage this one ^^" I cannot really think of much to say :laugh:

Uhm do not forget about the platforms that come out from the side that could safe you or hurt you. And the times the stage flips are completely random right? :confused:

IDK why but almost every Mario main I have gone against has cped FO and he does really well here from what i've seen. So i'd ban this stage versus him. Also MK is very mean here ;-;

You can cp any tether recovery person and do pretty well but if you really wanna screw over a tether recovery (that isn't named ZSS) RC is a better cp.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Haha I forgot about this too. Been playing too much Starcraft. =x
I'll go test it out right now.

I've never really had an opinion on this stage. It's definitely not bad for Lucas, but it's not good for him either because the stage helps characters who live in the air. Because of this, I rarely counterpick this stage.

Let's talk about phase 1.

I like this phase much better than the 2nd phase. Mostly because you camp here so much. :p On the left side of the stage, just spam Wavebounced PK Fires. If the ascending/descending platform is at its lowest, they'll usually wait it out. If it's at its peak, then they should try to approach you. Punish with a pivot grab, or a U-air if they land on the platform. You can camp a bit on the right side too. Low platform = Full hopped PK Fires. Mid platform = Grounded/Shorthop. Top platform is when you can't camp. I like D-smashing on the very edge (towards the stage). It gives the opponent a harder time to approach, because it just had awesome range, and the platform could move down anytime, bringing the hexagon down with it.

Recovery shouldn't be too much of an issue on this phase. Yes, there is no ledge on the right side, but just Wavezap -> Magnet Pull you're way back onto the stage. If you lost your Double Jump, then try to end your PKT2 with no lag. The left side has a little ledge that stops your double jump, but it shouldn't a problem. It's close enough to the actual ledge, so that you just autosnap to the ledge.

Flipping

This is the glitchy part of the stage. You can get Star KO'ed when it flips. lol
When it flips on the 1st phase, stay on the left. When it flips on the 2nd phase, stay on the right. You should be safe in those positions. More info is here.

Phase 2

The main issue on this phase is recovery. The moving platforms on the left and right sides of the stage can randomly pop out and cancel our PKT when we're trying to recover. =/ What you can do to prevent this is either recover higher or lower to prevent this. I'll get a picture and edit this later.

I don't like the terrain here. The slant can mess up your grab, and can mess with autocancelling.

Another thing about the platforms: don't just stand there and wait things out on there. Opponent has an advantage on you there because:
  • You have a laggy grab
  • You have a long grab release animation (Platform is a walk-off)

Chuee

Smash Hero
I did a write up on this awhile ago, but my computer froze and I lost it ._.
Might try to retype some of it later.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Well in both phases Down smash r*pes.
You can lock very early in the phase 1 (around 20%)
Since there is no ledge in the right side pk thunder is very, very good to rack up some damage and you can abuse of some chars recoveries (Olimar for example).

As for phase 2
The star KO thing has happened to me twice >.> both in the air over the left ledge of the stage.
Use Zap jump if the moving platform is there :p

Well my recommendation is to take chars with bad recovery here. I think is much better than worst to Lucas but it really depends on the adversary. I would say is a good stage to take on Sheik, Falco, Ice climbers and definitely Ivysaur :p

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about this o_o.
Anyways, I've pulled off an U-smash cancel quite a few times on this stage lol. Just time it right, and the opponent might bump into the lingering hitbox as the stage flips.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes, my brother and I like to stop people by luring them on to the wrong side when it flips. The only reason i sometimes don't like the stage is when i PK thunder just a bit too close to the middle, and after sweeping the screen, end up going off the stage altogether. It's probably better for ness in that regard, as he doesn't go so far. The elvator can be used, but if it goes up, you'll be taking a trip over the person, leaving yourself vulnerable for a split second, or if the elevator is down, you'll hit the wall, bounce off it, and your recovery will be useless as you'll have none. It's sometimes good to get it at an angle, and if you can do that easily enough, and get a feel for the PK thunder even when it's off screen, you can jump off the side of the stage to ensure you don't go the full length... Or further. There's also the odd time when you do that awesomely cool move, when you accidentally PK thunder in a slightly different direction to the way you wanted, you hit the edge of the platform, and then go 45 degrees upwards.

Top Bottom