• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Tutorials Presents: Ice Climbers Desync Tutorial (Basics)

SSBM Tutorials is a Youtube channel with the aim of releasing tutorials and how to play videos to help players at any level improve their Melee game. Recently they released a tutorial to help players learn one of the most fundamental aspects of the Ice Climbers: desyncing. So for any players trying to learn or those who have just never known quite how it works this video is perfect Give it a watch and increase that Melee knowledge!

Comments

How I saw that image : "OMG, Ice Climbers leaked as DLC ?"
Anh... Melee Ice Climber desync... nice...

Last edited:
SmashCapps!!! :-( it's very mean to post articles with our babies as the main picture during a time of such heavy speculation!

That being said... You're forgiven because I know how to read.

I might be a Peach main in melee, but oh lord do I hate those two in any smash game where they can kill off a grab.

Please don't teach people how to play them til they can wobble more. :(

Good guide and advice though, I just don't like these character in competitive smash play.

Last edited:
I might be a Peach main in melee, but oh lord do I hate those two in any smash game where they can kill off a grab.

Please don't teach people how to play them til they can wobble more. :(

Good guide and advice though, I just don't like these character in competitive smash play.
I don't agree with you. If we expand on the Ice Climbers meta-game and teach people desyncs they're less likely to wobble, not the other way around.

YOOOOOOOO nugga I thought the ICs were announced I almost FREAKED fom the ICs being mentioned. Oh well.

Exactly. So...even if they did add Ice Climbers back, no one would use them. lol
Biggest load of bull I've ever heard. I literally cried when I got Smash 4 and saw they weren't on the roster. They had better bring them back, pulling that crap about 3DS hardware restrictions isn't cutting it. Have Nana behave more like Luma, if it's such a problem. I would shout for joy if they brought my favorite duo back.

Biggest load of bull I've ever heard. I literally cried when I got Smash 4 and saw they weren't on the roster. They had better bring them back, pulling that crap about 3DS hardware restrictions isn't cutting it. Have Nana behave more like Luma, if it's such a problem. I would shout for joy if they brought my favorite duo back.
Agreed, people take advantage of exploits when they exist in a game... but when the exploit no longer exists, they find news ways to use the character. Example... Luigi can no longer wavedash across entire stages, but plenty of people still use him effectively using other strategies.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they are at least putting in effort to bring Ice Climbers back. When they were unable to find a way to get these two to work on the 3DS, they had the disadvantage of a deadline. Now that DLC is in the works, there is no particular deadline.

Sigggh... too cute for words....

Agreed, people take advantage of exploits when they exist in a game... but when the exploit no longer exists, they find news ways to use the character. Example... Luigi can no longer wavedash across entire stages, but plenty of people still use him effectively using other strategies.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they are at least putting in effort to bring Ice Climbers back. When they were unable to find a way to get these two to work on the 3DS, they had the disadvantage of a deadline. Now that DLC is in the works, there is no particular deadline.

Sigggh... too cute for words....
I think the real reason they weren't included was that they weren't relevant. But then again, this is Nintendo, and "irrelevant" isn't much of an argument(cough cough Pit in Brawl cough cough). However, looking at their P:M selves, I'm a little scared about how they would look. The Climbers have always been a fearsome threat in competitive play, but with the removal of chaingrabbing hitting Dedede and Falco as hard as it did...

Exactly. So...even if they did add Ice Climbers back, no one would use them. lol
I can guarantee that that would not be true (ala I would play them non-stop). Plus they'd likely get some major buffs. Probably. AAAND their wacky hammer hitboxes would probably be cleaned up and made more clear (with special FX as well as being actually made to make more sense/last longer), as I always sorta had a hard time using my tilts at all on enemies, back in the nooby brawl days of my smash life. heheh.

Top Bottom