• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Monthly in Fresno - Dec 15th

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone, though this is my first tournament post, I feel I've included all the necessary information.

Location: Buddy's Gaming Center 4916 N. Blackstone Ave.,Fresno, CA 93726
Date: Saturday, December 15th
Time: 11:30 AM
Price: $15 singles, $30 team ($15 per person)
Rules: MLG, Best 3 out of 5
Prizes: A Payout of some sort which will depend on the number of entrants
Other Information: Buddy's Gaming Center will provide 40 20'' Samsung TVs. You are required to bring your own controller and game. (Controller and Game not totally necessary since other entrants will bring extra controllers and systems, of course I would not rely on it 100%)

Buddy's Gaming Center has held monthly tournaments for video games including; Super Smash Bros Melee, Counter Strick, Halo 2, Gears of War, Halo 3, and Madden 2008. SSBM is actually a relatively new tournament to be hosted.

Buddy's Gaming Center was featured in an MLG article regarding their Halo 2 Tournament, where prizes were in the $1000s. http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/124048

Preregistration is available and preferred, though not recommended at the Company Site.

For Company Information, Pre-Registration and other tournament info, visit www.buddysgamingcenter.com.

I'm hoping to see a few of our Modesto friends here, especially since a few smashers of Fresno are organizing a car pool up there!;)

I'm also hoping to see all Central California Smashers there to hopefully discuss the set up of a new sub-region with a skill to one day overpower the North California and South California sub-regions. :laugh:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Hey do you guys still do tournaments? My brother and I are smash players from the area. The only problems are that we don't know if you guys are still doing this, and that we've been playing P:M, not melee. Does anyone know where to get a low-price, good gamecube and Melee?

Nixxon

Smash Rookie
Hey do you guys still do tournaments? My brother and I are smash players from the area. The only problems are that we don't know if you guys are still doing this, and that we've been playing P:M, not melee. Does anyone know where to get a low-price, good gamecube and Melee?
this is a super old thread, but theres newer tourneys going on in fresno as well. check out the fb group by just searching official central cali smash

and to answer your question, Babr's Kingdom is a fresno monthly, and its prolly the biggest tournament series in central cali. they just did the 4th one, so the 5th should happen sometime next month. theres also project m monthlies put on by a guy named drex, and he should also be able to hook you up with melee and a cube.

Top Bottom