• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM 2013 Top Rankings

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Follow the discussion as we count down the top 100 rankings for 2013

What is SSBM Rank?
It’s been a while since a North America wide ranking has been done. A panel of experts have been ranking active players in 2013 and we will count them down on Twitter (@norcalmelee) and on this site from No. 100 to No.1.
We asked high level players, tournament organizers, and people engrossed in the scene to rate players on a scale of 1-10 based on their current quality of play (November) and for the upcoming 2014 year. To reduce variance, the lowest and highest ratings were taken out and then averaged to get a final product.
What is #SSBM Rank?
#SSBMRank is the Twitter hashtag to use if you want to get involved in the discussion or just want to follow along
Goofs/Choices
To be considered active, you had to play in a US tournament within 2013. This unfortunately excludes several well qualified international players such as Amsah, Remen, Zgetto, and Tuga. Unfortunately, the list also forgot to include certain players that should be considered active (Lord HDL, Diakonos, Vudujin) or people who have very recently emerged back into the scene (Raynex, Wife, etc…)
Release Dates
Nov 29 – #100 – Ken
Week 1
Dec 9, Monday – SSBM 2013 Rank #99-91
Dec 10, Tuesday - SSBM 2013 Rank #90-81
Dec 11, Wednesday – SSBM 2013 Rank #80-71
Dec 12, Thursday – SSBM 2013 Rank #70-61
Dec 13, Friday – SSBM 2013 Rank #60-51
Week 2
Dec 16, Monday – SSBM 2013 Rank #50-41
Dec 17, Tuesday – SSBM 2013 Rank #40-31
Dec 18, Wednesday – SSBM 2013 Rank #30-21
Dec 19, Thursday – SSBM 2013 Rank #20-11
Dec 20, Friday – SSBM Panel Discussion
Week 3
Dec 23, Monday – SSBM 2013 Rank #10-8
Dec 24, Tuesday – SSBM 2013 Rank #7-6
Dec 25, Wednesday – SSBM 2013 Rank #5-3
Dec 26, Thursday – SSBM 2013 Rank #2-1
Dec 27, Friday – SSBM Rank Aftermath

Griffard

Smash Ace
YO no one else thinks that this is hype?
This is such a dope idea, i'm glad we're organizing ourselves as a community more lately. We have a better national and international communication, and everyone has someone they're hunting to beat in every scene. I'm hoppin' on that list next year!

lami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is really cool! I had no idea ESAM and DEHF have been playing Melee recently. Very cool stuff.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously, this thing is awesome. I actually saw this thing on espn.com for its rankings of the top 500 NBA players of a given year. I love that they do it and I read it every year. I think this is amazing that you applied that idea to smash melee players. I will be more and more excited as it approaches to the top ten countdown!

I found it so awesome that I logged in after of months of inactivity just to say this. :)

Armada

Smash Lord
This is a fun idea. I wouldn't take it seriously though.
I agree. A very fun idea but tons of people will be so biased so they vote much better for players in their own region instead of what actually is "true".

Will read through the entire list =)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I agree. A very fun idea but tons of people will be so biased so they vote much better for players in their own region instead of what actually is "true".

Will read through the entire list =)

That's the exact problem with all of this Adam. Regardless, it's fun to read the bios and stuff. Good work guys =)

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Thanks for all of your support. I put in countless hours to get this going. I mainly hope this inspires people to have salt and want to prove themselves again at tournaments.

Ausp

Smash Apprentice
Good initiative.

It would be nice if there was a way to track all their tournament involvements for the year with a tagged link to their postings.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I feel like it's pretty hard to track anybody outside of the top 10, but this is still a cool project. A lot of new names that I haven't kept up with since I quit.

Zhea

Smash Ace
God damn, this list is the perfect kind of infuriating. It's just close enough to be credible, all the players on the list deserve to be there, and a lot of work goes into the synopsis of each player and finding a decent pic of them, but then he order... I don't feel like the order reflects even the last year of national results, let alone some of the resumes these players bring.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
some of the pics aren't even accurate..
one player had Mclovin from superbad and s2j had a jug of water...

Top Bottom