• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournaments, 12CB, Frame Display, Rankings, Gameshark, Elo, and much much more

Shears

Smash Master

In an attempt to consolidate all the tools and knowledge used in the community, OnlineSSB.com has finally taken that next step. The site currently features several different tools designed for SSB to help grow and connect the players, the knowledge, and the love for the game. These features include:

Rankings Rankings.OnlineSSB.com : An online rankings site that can be used to record the results and videos of any match ever played with the option of submitting them as ranked, and a match lobby where you can find other online players to chat or set up matches with.

Tournaments AdvancedBrackets.com : The future of tournaments is here! This is an online tournament software app that allows you to manage your tournaments. The tournament app allows TOs to enter the phone numbers or emails of the entrants and the number of setups being used so the app can automatically text/email players telling them who they are scheduled to play and which setup to play on. All tournaments can be submitted to smashboards using the TIO/XML export feature. The app is also mobile friendly, so you can manage and TO your tournament right from your phone! A dedicated mobile app for android and iphone will be available in app stores soon, for now try out the mobile version of the site on your phone. *Since privacy and security are our biggest concern, all contact information is destroyed from the site.

Frame Display FrameDisplay.OnlineSSB.com : The all new frame display! This is the complete frame display featuring every hitbox animation for every character and every move. The interface is easy to use as its designed to look and feel like the 1P character select screen. All hitboxes can be frame advanced or played at different FPS with either the hitbox animation or the overlay animation which shows both the hitbox and the character graphic as well.

12 Character Battle 12CB.OnlineSSB.com : An updated version of the original 12 character battle, this site can now be easily accessible from the OnlineSSB.com homepage. Updates include a new stock counter graphic as well as the original character select images and other small cosmetic changes.

DoubleBlind DoubleBlind.OnlineSSB.com : A mobile app for Android that allows players in any game to double blind pick with their opponent anywhere in the world.

GameShark Codes GameShark.OnlineSSB.com : A collection of all known gameshark codes for SSB64.

Elo Rankings EloRankings.com : View Elo rankings for North America, Xanadu, FLAOC, or create your own. The site uses the Elo rating system to create power rankings based off matches played. Each players records and match hitory is recorded to be viewed at any time. YouTube matches can be uploaded so players can keep an archive and see how they improve.

Player Location World Map https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207052029912080345759.0004d83725abc4a6e1e21&msa=0&dg=feature : A link to the very useful map that allows you to find players from all over the world.

Developer Section You.OnlineSSB.com : This is the developers section. It uses a simple CMS that allows anyone to create pages with whatever content regarding SSB that they want to share with the world. All content is reviewed and if the pages you design are constructive and helpful to the community, you may earn the chance to have your own website yourname.onlinessb.com

StreamManager : This app syncs your bracket to your stream and automatically updates names and bracket position. It has an easy to use UI that makes updating and managing streams so much easier.

Salty Streams SaltyStreams.com : A new way to watch streams and interact with the viewers. Salty Streams allows streamers to give their viewers a way to bet on matches. Salty Streams features a full time SSB64 stream at http://saltystreams.com/SaltyStreams

There is a lot more to come and the goal is to bring anything and everything you could need for smash to your fingertips in an easy to use and innovative app. A video tour is currently being made to help give you an easy to use tutorial on the site and all its awesome features. Questions, comments, suggestions? Do not hesitate to let us know. If you have or know of anything you would like added to the site, let us know and we can add it.

SuperSmashBros64.com : The ultimate companion for the greatest game ever made is here! The ability to report any and all matches of Smash 64 for archiving, stats and data, create excitingly fun and competitive matches by easily find willing opponents in your skill range, and utilize our amazingly simple but effective automated ranking system makes this the only thing you need for a more fun, fuller Super Smash Bros 64 experience!

To use the site, just create an account by clicking ‘Login/Sign Up’. If you have an account then login on the left. If you do not have an account, sign up by entering in a username and password and providing a valid email address. All information, including passwords and email is encrypted and secure. The email address will only be used for important notifications and will never be used to spam or send any other junk. Once signed up, it is very important to activate your account by clicking the activation link sent to your email. Single click verification is all you need to begin using all the amazingly cool features of the site!

*Players enrolled in the now defunct Japanese Rankings, email: MasterHand@SuperSmashBros64.com

The Site Layout

There are 3 parts to the front page of the site, the navigation bar, the match feed, and the rankings. The match feed is to the left and it shows about 30 of the recent matches played ordered chronologically. A YouTube icon means the match has a recording uploaded and you can click the match to watch it. If you have the video for a match, simply click on the match and drop the youtube link in to upload the video.

The rankings are in the middle and they show the ranks of each player and their activated characters. Clicking on a player opens up their player profile where you can see their past matches, send them a message, or send them a challenge to play a match.The actual rules and math that inform the rankings can be found below.

The navigation bar, or control panel, is at the top of the display. The first tab in the bar, Login/Sign Up, will allow you to register a new account or log in an existing one. This tab doubles as the settings tab: Once you are logged in, it will display your name and clicking on it will allow you to reset your email or password, and disable notification sounds. Next up is the Characters tab where you can register any characters you want, even all 12! The Matches tab is where accepted challenges go, turning into a match results form for incredibly easy match reporting, getting you back to your next match in no time at all. This also displays all matches you have played in: Red text for a defeat, whereas green represents a win. On to the Challenges tab for a list of all your sent and received challenges. You can accept or decline challenges, if you change your mind then you can also cancel challenges you already sent. To be used for real-time private chats, the Messages tab is the primary method to communicate with fellow Smashers, not to mention getting important notifications from MasterHand. You can chat privately with any players to set up match times or just chat and see how they’re doing. Messages are ordered with the most recently active at the top, however, the first message will always be from MasterHand, simply reply here with any problems or questions! Finally, in addition to messages and challenges, the Match Lobby tab is another way to find and schedule matches. Although, most players use it as a persistent chat during games, without losing the conversation or the opponent when desynch happens. No more logging back into the server after last desynch just to say GGS! This has already become a player favorite: Finally a chat free of garbage, of trolls, and truly dedicated to the greatest game ever made, Super Smash Bros 64. Hang out with other smashers and chat, while waiting to find available people to play, discuss anything and everything Smash 64, or click on any player in the lobby to go right to their profile and challenge them! Also, in the top right corner, Find A Smasher provides an incredibly predictive player search. This is another way to select player profiles; you can always simply click on anywhere you see a Smashers name to display their information.

How It All Works

With a full launch coming soon, we’ll focus on the fully functional Rankings. Everything is done automatically, it takes about 15 seconds to report a match. You can report any kind of match: console, online, tournament, friendly, practice, etc. This is a repository of all matches of Smash 64.

All matches.​

In order for a match to be a reported match it has a couple steps it needs to take. Only one step involves both players, besides playing; this is to authenticate that the match is agreed upon by both players. The first step in reporting a match is sending a challenge. A challenge is sent to another player and in order for it to grow into a pending match, it must be accepted by the opponent. Accepting a challenge creates a match reporting form for both players, accessible under the Matches tab in the Awaiting Results section. It needs to be accepted first to prevent actual matches from being created without both players’ consent. Challenges are not binding and can be declined at any time, perhaps because not everyone will have the availability to play whenever someone else wants them to or they just simply don’t want to play. A match cannot be cancelled, once a challenge has been accepted and the reporting form appears in the Awaiting Results section. The match can then be played, or might already have been, depending on the order you do this in. You need the following information to enter the results of your match: Date, in MM/DD/YYYY, the stage and initial stock count, and the final stock count for the winner. Click on the winner’s name to report. Eligibility for a match to be Ranked determined automatically; each match is checked to make sure it meets the Tier and Date criteria of being a ranked match. If it is eligible, a checkbox allowing you to select whether or not the match was Ranked will appear. When one person reports a match, a notification is sent to the other player telling them to confirm the match results. If only one person reports the match, it will go through but it won’t be a fully matured reported match. When both players have confirmed the match and reported the same results, then the match is now a fully mature reported match and the process is now complete.

Here we run into some terminology: Rankings, Ranked, and Unranked. Rankings refers to the entirety of the system, to wit: “Are you registered for the Rankings on SuperSmashBros64.com?” or “Play Smash 64? You should get official, get on the Rankings!” Unranked matches are literally any match of Super Smash Bros 64 that has a minimum stock count of 4. Ranked matches are merely Unranked matches that meet the criteria and are declared as such by the players.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZWlnn8CBFgAoPuF_eJ_JnG81zv9lUKtfcyQlxUL8Sjo/edit?usp=sharing

*Updates:
6/9/14
-Improved performance and lag

6/6/14
-Fixed account activation message bug when logged out
-Minor cosmetic changes

5/30/14
-Added character activation and deactivation
-Added identifier for conversations with unread messages
-Minor cosmetic changes

5/28/14
-Moved Match Lobby to a pop out window
-Added button to switch back to site from lobby

5/23/14
-Added color coordinated point values
-Added timestamps to private messages
-Added volume slider control
-Removed expand button
-Moved 'Find A Smasher' into search box
-Cosmetic changes
-Fixed minor bugs

5/22/14
-Added status lights
-Moved sound switch to lobby
-Moved expand button to bottom of screen to expand or minimize entire rankings
-Added user stats
-Added character stats
-Fixed minor bugs
-Cosmetic improvements
[\SPOILER]

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
This is exciting af, I didn't plan on participating until I watched the video. Hype

PS: the accent graves in lieu of apostrophes still need to be fixed, thanks

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'm going to be using this a lot because I expect it's going to be the only way I'm going to get serious matches and opponents anymore. Hopping randomly on kaillera doesn't cut it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll be in the match lobby often. Mostly Falcon, Yoshi, and Pikachu.

I'll also use Samus for Jokes

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Loving the system here, really gives me more initiative to play smash online

Studstill

Smash Ace
Wow, such words of endorsement from some real champions! We`re working literally around the clock to pack as much awesomeness as possible. Week One Highlight: SuPeRbOoMfAn and Crusader8389 streamed an incredible 41 ranked games in a row! Boom became the first player to have all 12 characters in the Tiers and did so while losing only 7 out of 205 stocks in an insane two hour marathon!
Check into the site around midnight-ish to take a look at a major update. Coolest new feature: Colored Indicator Lights next to Smash Name to easily see who is Actively Looking For A Match, Away From Keyboard, Browsing/Chilling, Currently In A Game, or an Administrator.

Week One Summary and Video Tour of the new features will be live shortly thereafter. If you`re waiting for finalization to join, DON`T. The site is fully functional, we`re just going to keep making it more awesome every day. Get in there and tell us about the site, sure, but more importantly tell us what YOU think about the site; what you want, what you need, what would be amazing. Anything: certain statistics, team/12cb/tournament structure ideas, player information. This site is for YOU; think of Shears, Unnamed, and I, as contractors for all of us that Smash 64, and tell us what you want. No idea is too grand, because well, don`t think of Shears as a contractor, because he`s a gdm magician. Also, the swanky cards for the site will be going out soon, message MasterHand on site if you want a box. If you`d like, we`ll create an email for YourSmashName@SuperSmashBros64.com and have that printed right on there, no problem.
Thanks again for taking a look or diving straight in this first week!

-All of us at Super Smash Bros 64.com!

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Any changes and updates made to the site will be documented in the OP. So if you want to check progress of a feature, resolution of a bug, action taken on a suggestion you made, or simply the sites evolution just look there.

Rougar

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to unregister some characters? I accidentally registered all of them. >_<

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i wrote about the initial system, don't think it warrants a second one...if anything i'd do something pertaining to the site when it's fully functional, although i dunno if that'd go over too well, considering it'd be borderline advertising and could possibly direct new users there instead of smashboards, which is what they don't want to happen. mer.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
damn, this is very nice.. great work! i wish i could play with people from NA without delay =P

Studstill

Smash Ace
damn, this is very nice.. great work! i wish i could play with people from NA without delay =P
A lot of EU guys have signed too!

i wrote about the initial system, don't think it warrants a second one...if anything i'd do something pertaining to the site when it's fully functional, although i dunno if that'd go over too well, considering it'd be borderline advertising and could possibly direct new users there instead of smashboards, which is what they don't want to happen. mer.
Users learning about the site from Smashboards are ON Smashboards. We do different things: Match archiving, actual stats, a focus on the actual game (instead of for the series of lesser sequels), 12cb app*, tournament director support, status gems (looking for a match, playing, etc), and much much more that SmashBoards does not do. Doesn`t appear like they want to, provide this infrastructure for the best out of them all, 64. This is not a mystery, or a slam, their simply isn`t the money that Melee or Brawl has coming in from sponsors, so they focus on that. We`re not in it for the money. We`re doing this for love. When we do get advertisements, 20 percent of ALL profits after paying meager site hosting fees will go directly back to the users. Again: 20% of all profit from the site will go directly to the users of the site. We don`t want your traffic so I can quit my job, or to pay for hats on a forum. In fact, if I had my way there wouldn`t be a single ad on the site. However, under this arrangement, run adblock if you want, don`t check out any ads, but every time you do, 20% of that goes straight back to you. Whether this is paying** someone to code Kaillera Clients, Mupen, etc, paying for a lagless adapter, assembling and giving away consoles, controllers, cartridges, or just to buy a few trips to Apex for a tournament winner, or a good cause like Tavo: The point of all of this is give Super Smash Bros 64 the infrastructure it deserves to shine in these modern times, and to get the absolutely devoted players of this game the ability to achieve these goals with financial support. My point is SmashBoards simply just doesn`t do these things. It does other things, like, articles and forums and that`s great. But this is not a competition, I would love for one day our site to be on this one, jsut not as a thread in a "discussion forum" but as a partner site. Other than that, I don`t see where we will ever intersect. Perhaps on tournaments.

-Studstill (Didn`t run this one by everyone)

*It turns out 12characterbattle.com is entirely coded by Shears. This is going to get a visual overhaul, as almost all possible awesomeness is already there, but one major thing: Any number of players can be on a side, and there can be multiple "sides". For example, you and 4 friends could play against another 8 friends, with you playing 3 chars and 4 of them playing 2, or any number of ways you`d like.

**IT`s insane that this doesn`t have a kickstarter or active funding. I mean, kids are starving, but I`m going to donate my extra loot to my favorite cause: Adaptoids. But my point is more subtle. No one has to discover a new element, like Noframium, to build this. It`s just money, and finding the people to give it to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Studstill

Smash Ace
I don't see ads on the site. If I see any, I will inactivate adblock every once in a while and click on the ad.
Yeah it`s like I implied that would be soon, my bad. Altruism and Adaptoids aside, we have ZERO concern for implementing ads; it`s literally the least of our concerns. Finalizing the archiving infrastructure, rankings system, teams, tournaments, is right now. I am fairly militant about not seeing ads, but the idea of vewing them or even clicking to generate funds for your benefit is intriguing.

EDIT: Holy crap. Seriously, swearword ads. It`s a scalability thing. Right now we can afford to just pay for it, and do the labor for free. It is growing fairly fast, for 10 days of beta.
As of today:
Users: 145
Registered Characters: 515
Matches: 476​

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The match lobby now opens in a new window. Any reason why this was changed. I also can't copy this link and post it in a new tab (as I prefer keeping it all in one window.) <<< It seems to be glitching a bit due to this as well.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Try to be more specific about "glitchy"? Yes, the Match Lobby now pops out. We needed more room for all the new awesome stuff. This is so you can keep it all in "one" window! Close rankings when you want, just have Match Lobby open, and flip back and forth, it will keep you logged in! I`ll be making a new video tour tomorrow, highlighting the new features and mechanics, and 12 character battle will have completed it`s revamp/transformation into Team/Crew Battle.

Studstill

Smash Ace
All those who have been using it in this beta period have been most helpful.

We`ve figured out what it needs, what smashing online needs, and implementing them is at hand. The challenge system will remain, for asynchronous matchmaking or one-offs. However, the new "Game Lobby" will function as a virtual console, or more like a virtual couch.

From the match lobby, you can create a "Game Lobby", which will drop an icon next to your name, in the chat. You will then be in your personal "Game Lobby", although you`ll be able to easily flip back and forth between the Match and Game lobbies, or even return to the rankings. Players clicking on your icon will be able to join you for a 1v1 set of games, 3 players can join for teams, X players can join for 12 cb or crew battles. It looks exactly like the character select screen from the actual game and operates in real time according to player input. This will enable you to simply select a character, and set the settings for the match in full real time view of your opponent(s); all the while watching what they are doing as if you were sitting at the console.. All players then have to do is hit submit and the match will be recorded. Either close it out, or simply keep the same character (or switch) and you`re instantly ready to submit the next match.

You know what. Pics or it didn`t happen. If this doesn`t excite you...........maybe take up Melee.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JcPYksRhlOITt_1I8iFDDyw8MG5y33zTlJNY7YZqflI/edit?usp=sharing

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
Just thought I should put this here since others might be having this issue too:
I can't use the site at work.
I used to be able to access the site at home when I had Verizon as my ISP.
Over the last weekend I switched over to Comcast at home which is what my work has.
Now I can't access the site from home anymore. (ping dropped from 40+ to around 15 though)
Maybe Comcast blocks the site somehow?
I can access the site through a proxy server though.
So yeah, any info or insight into this would be helpful. Thanks =)

Studstill

Smash Ace
Just thought I should put this here since others might be having this issue too:
I can't use the site at work.
I used to be able to access the site at home when I had Verizon as my ISP.
Over the last weekend I switched over to Comcast at home which is what my work has.
Now I can't access the site from home anymore. (ping dropped from 40+ to around 15 though)
Maybe Comcast blocks the site somehow?
I can access the site through a proxy server though.
So yeah, any info or insight into this would be helpful. Thanks =)
At work? Do you mean mobile?
If not, and on the ISP note, no idea. Was this intermittent or persistent? Still down now?
Sorry, best I got right now is "Works for me."Llet me get some more info, see if that helps.

Thanks!
EDIT: No reason comcast should block the site, that is extremely weird.

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

Not mobile, on a desktop pc using Comcast as the ISP here at work.
It just... won't connect :(
Neither will it connect at home now that I have Comcast as my ISP at home.
It's persistent, I can't connect at all unless I use a proxy.
Strangely enough I can connect just fine on mobile.

Edit:
And the problem with using proxies is that I can't sign in to my account. Which is problematic since someone just reported to winning a match against me that never happened. =p

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Not mobile, on a desktop pc using Comcast as the ISP here at work.
It just... won't connect :(
Neither will it connect at home now that I have Comcast as my ISP at home.
It's persistent, I can't connect at all unless I use a proxy.
Strangely enough I can connect just fine on mobile.

Edit:
And the problem with using proxies is that I can't sign in to my account. Which is problematic since someone just reported to winning a match against me that never happened. =p
I have comcast, have no issue with the site. The last match ever reported for you was weeks ago. Did you try flushing your DNS? With the new ISP, the DNS may be resolved to the old site. On windows, open a command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns

Also trying clearing your cookies and browser history.

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

Yah, I haven't been active for a while since I was in the process of cancelling my old services for my new ones with Comcast.

Just tried flushing my DNS and clearing both my history and cookies here at work, but that didn't really do much. I'll try it at home as well with my PC but considering it didn't work here I don't expect much to happen at home either.

You have Comcast and it works!?
#jealous

Shears

Smash Master
Its one of the few things that works with Comcast, I hate Comcast. But its definitely not an issue with ISP or the site. If anything its a dns propagation issue. With dns flushing, you need to wait almost a day for it to take effect. Just run the command and don't load the site for 24 hours. Make sure you have cookies and javascript enabled.

Its unlikely, but make sure your hosts file isn't redirecting the sites traffic back to you or to another faulty url.

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

Thanks for all the help guys!
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the site working yet. I've tried the suggestions including flushing the dns, double checking my hosts file, and erasing history/cookies.
As far as the service itself, my Comcast modem keeps resetting. Checking online it seems the signal getting received by the modem is low which causes issues (from countless customers having the same issue). Calling Comcast, they just told me to get a new modem. lol

Anyhoo! I also checked to make sure javascript was enabled just in case which it is. I'm just at a loss now >.<
I'll just have to stick to my phone to update matches until this (hopefully!) gets figured out.

Shears

Smash Master
Are you going to http://rankings.supersmashbros64.com on your pc? You may have typed it correctly on your phone but may have a spelling error somewhere on your pc. Please double check the url or click the link in the OP.

You are the only one reporting issues with the site loading. Odds are, its not the world that is crazy it is you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom