• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 / Mario Kart 64 - Red Bank Rumble # 13 Results!! [3/8/2013] [Red Bank, NJ]

LLDL

Smash Hero
Smash 64 Singles (36 Entrants)

1: Sensei ($108.00)
2: KeroKeroppi ($54.00)
3: Stranded ($18.00)
4: Jimmy Joe
5: Valoem
5: m3gavolt
7: cobr_evolution
7: Ceasar
9: Yobolight
9: weedwack
9: Karajan
9: chain-ace
13: Maliki
13: Jared C
13: Zack
13: Tony
17: Ryan Lilly
17: Brendan
17: Kevin Potter
17: Brown Beard
17: CallMeDaddy
17: Charlie
17: Tim Rich
17: Dan
25: Connor Walsh
25: Pat Walsh
25: Jon G
25: AVA
25: Shoopman
25: Jackie Evella
25: Nick Rugulo
25: Kitten
33: greg
33: Phil
33: ISY
33: DDD
33: Douglas

Mario Kart 64 (11 Entrants)
1. Cutz22 $33.00
2. Matthew (AthleticYoshi) $16.00
3. Steve M (FatherLuigi) $6.00
4. Brian

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
daaaaamn props to stranded for getting beat by jimmy joe, then COMING BACK
(i don't know any details whatsoever, but that's what the bracket says)

BOSS.

<3 jj

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
"WAIT L BUTTON TAUNTS? WHY?!"

i heard some OHH's behind me when i broke yobo's shield...that was satisfying. i had good matches with everyone. even the random folk, they weren't really that bad. dude had a solid pikachu. forgot his name, i think it was my second game.

i really should've gone falcon against kero and stranded.

this was really fun though. i can't wait for the videos. sad i didn't get anything recorded, though.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
I know for Kart:

2. Matthew (AthleticYoshi)
3. Steve M (FatherLuigi)
4. Brian

I hope that bracket gets uploaded soon.

My one piece of feedback for this event, please end sign-ups when you said they would be ended! Starting a tourney at 9:30 is a little bit ridiculous in my opinion. Also, get other employees to help! I saw those lazy mofos standing around while Chain-Ace tried to fix the power surge at Kart while at the same time coordinating smash. It's too much for one guy.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
daaaaamn props to stranded for getting beat by jimmy joe, then COMING BACK
(i don't know any details whatsoever, but that's what the bracket says)

BOSS.

<3 jj
OMG such a little punk that kid, you shoulda seen him combing his beiber quaff the whole time, and his brosef Kero with the michael jackson glove :p
hah seriously though, those were two really fun sets with Stranded, I think the second one was recorded so you'll get to see his revenge but the first match wasn't.
It was epic though..
my Kirby vs stranded's Falcon on DL, I took the first game, he stuck with DL and took the second, then I took it to Hyrule my Pika vs his Falcon and I barely sneaked out with the win. tough round 2 match up for us both though I'd say..

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
the reason it was epic was because of that second match - nearly a jv6 for a while. i dunno how you got back into it after that momentum swing

Sensei

Smash Lord
What an awesome turnout! Had so much fun and it was cool to see everyone again and some new people! I usually never post shoutouts but feel like I have to for this one.
First off, I want to give a BIG THANKS to Yestercades and Chain-Ace for hosting this tournament. I love the layout and environment of the venue. Apologies if I didn't give you a shoutout. Still trying to piece together the night and meeting everybody.

1: Sensei - Good **** bro
2: KeroKeroppi - Dude, you surprised at this tournament! You've gotten really good! Had fun playing against you in winner's and grand finals, need to get more friendlies with you next time. It was great watching you and the other Wonder Twin (Stranded), in loser's finals. The DK ditto was hilarious hahah
3: Stranded - You've also surprised me! I remember playing you and the NY crew at APEX and saw potential in you guys. You guys gave a really good showing and looking forward to see where you guys go :)
4: Jimmy Joe - Jimmy THE MAN Joe! You did great as well, though I would like to think our training sessions contributed somehow ;) Nah, but GJ dude, glad you hit your goal for this tournament :)
5: Valoem - Stop losing to girls
5: m3gavolt - Great seeing you again dude! I don't think we played at this tourney. Wish we could have gotten some more matches in beforehand.
7: cobr_evolution - Glad you came man and we also need to get some more matches in. (WHAT!?! L BUTTON TAUNTS?? WHYYY??!) Hahahah
7: Ceasar - Good mario man. Fun playing against you and hope to see you again. We need more marios in tourney
9: Yobolight - Good to put a face to the name. I like watching Ness players and hope to see you back in another tourney. Lets get some matches in next time.
9: weedwack - Cool seeing you man. You're an inspiration to the players ;)
9: Karajan - KaraJan or KaraIan or STEVE? Good to see you also man. Your devotion to this game to drive from New Hampshire is inspiring and it was cool talking to you about the keyboard controller hacking and nerd/business stuff.
9: chain-ace - Once again, thanks for hosting this man and looking forward to the next one. Some feedback I would like to give would be start the tournament earlier and host it on Saturday if possible. I will volunteer to help out next time and lets talk about hosting tournaments this year.
13: Maliki - Fun matches dude! Our friendlies were good but I felt you didn't really try against me in tournament.. stop sandbagging ;)
13: Jared C
13: Zack
13: Tony - Fun matches :)
17: Ryan Lilly
17: Brendan
17: Kevin Potter
17: Brown Beard - Thanks for coming out man! Glad to see the RU crew growing :)
17: CallMeDaddy - Sorry for calling you "CallMeMaybe". Song has been stuck in my head hahah
17: Charlie
17: Tim Rich
17: Dan
25: Connor Walsh
25: Pat Walsh
25: Jon G
25: AVA
25: Shoopman
25: Jackie Evella - Good to see a new face! I enjoyed commentating on your match against Valoem. You almost had him! hahah
25: Nick Rugulo
25: Kitten
33: greg
33: Phil
33: ISY
33: DDD
33: Douglas

aesahaettr

Smash Rookie
i played in this as simply 'dan'. i haven't had a chance to play smash at all since i stopped hanging around New Brunswick two years ago and this was a pretty enjoyable return. watching the friendlies beforehand, i knew i was out of my league. i lost to cobr_evolution and tony in the second round but i'm psyched to have gotten that far. cobr_evolution was even nice enough to tell me i was pretty decent. thanks.

i had a lot of fun once the tourney actually started but it did take too long to get rolling. i skipped work and dinner to head up to Red Bank for a 7:30 start time that was not respected. if something like this is gonna happen at yestercades again, i hope it'll be a bit better organized.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to chain-ace and Yestercades for doing all of this. This tournament was amazing. Thank you.

1: Sensei- Dude, you're sooooo good, I couldn't get away with ANYTHING against you. You play so flawlessly. I was having so much fun, i wish i could have taken you to another set in GF but you're TOO GOOD. You really made me realize how much i need to work on and i thank you for that. Lets get some more frendlies in next time, and when we play in tournament, it'll be your turn to lose to me. ;)
2: KeroKeroppi- Why are you so good looking?
3: Stranded- Good **** bro. I wasn't expecting to beat your falcon on DL. Next time how about we NOT do a DK ditto in losers finals. You ******** peer pressured me. You did great in the tournament. Proud of you.
4: Jimmy Joe- THIS GUY. Dude you surprised the hell out of me this tournament!! Every time we play we **** around with low tiers, I had no idea you were that good! I can't wait until we play FO REAL. Watching you and Stranded play was too fun. Good showing! You're the man and i hope we play again soon buddy!
5: Valoem- Lol why didn't we play any friendlies!? Good games against Jimmy Joe! You seem like a cool guy, it was nice to meet you. Let's play next time!
5: m3gavolt- I really was not expecting to beat you dude. You're so good and your falcon is NO JOKE. I can't wait to play you again. You're the chillest guy EVER and you're SO stylish god damn. Let's play more friendlies next time.
7: cobr_evolution- Dude you're the ****ing man. I had a bunch of fun playing you, GGs in the tournament. Also, you are the first person i've ever seen break shields with Samus' Fsmash. Good ****. Playing random stages was fun i just wish the stages were a bit more random lol.
7: Ceasar- Stop leaning on me when you fall asleep on the bus lol. Good job in the tournament. Let's play this weekend.
9: Yobolight- You've gotten so much better dude! Your ness got so good! If you continue progressing at this rate, you'll be beating nangoku in no time. ;)
9: weedwack- We didn't play friendlies either!! Your ness is dirty, i wanted to play it again. Way to keep it close against Megavolt. My little brother posted a status on facebook that said something like ---"The day i stop using Ness is the day i stop playing the game for fun"- Weedwack--- I like that ****. I look forward to playing you NJ rascals again.
9: Karajan- Dude you're so dedicated to this game! I love it! Congratulations on debuting the keyboard adaptor thing. I have mixed feelings about it... Watching you and JJ play saffron was awesome. GJ in the tourney and thanks for your generous hori donation lol. Had a good time at the diner too. See ya soon hopefully.
9: chain-ace- Thanks for hosting this dude! You're awesome! Good games in the tourney, your fox is no joke! I thought for sure you had me! You have such a good attitude about everything and i can't wait to play you soon so i could "see you in fox dittos" lol
13: Maliki- WE FORGOT TO WATCH THE OSTRICH EPISODE!! GOD DAMN US! Thanks for letting me use your ipod on the way to jersey lol. Seya soon.
13: Zack- you're the yoshi player who knows JJ right? You're not bad dude. Keep it up.
17: Brendan- GGs in the first round. Solid mario :)

I played a bunch more people and frankly i can't remember their names at the moment, so GGs & nice to meet you all!! :awesome:

New Jersey rascals, let's get together again soon!

Top Bottom