• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The other leaks sounded nice.

This one doesn't sound nice at all...

At all...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this point, I believe we shouldn't take these rumors or leaks seriously...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
S
The TC just made another post

----------

Anyways, sorry, I was, as someone said, at dinner. I'm allowed to eat...does anyone want a picture of my dinner to confirm? :D

I'll comment on some other stuff--I know nothing about the website, so I can't tell you what's going to be revealed when. Also, you really want characters? I'd be careful. I can tell that they're not going for popularity/requests and more going for game balance.

I'll give you that crazy weird detail you wanted, but you're not going to like it...didn't want to share for a reason...

The roster is probably only going to be around 40 characters not counting transformations, maybe 1 or 2 more than that. I say this because it's not 100% who's made the cut and who hasn't yet--it all depends on how many are in before a hard deadline (unless they delay the game.) And there ARE some veterans who are pretty low priority. There are also a lot of characters that have strong followings that aren't even on the roster list, but I don't want to ruin anyone's good time this early before the game is released. People WILL be disappointed--it's a lot like how Sakurai said they're trying to keep as many veterans as they can but they just can't promise all of them.

So I can give characters, but you're not going to like it.

As for Plusle + Minun as Ice Climbers clones, I mean that in the sense that they had a very similar moveset, which could still be done without hammers. They were very light, some moves more powerful, others less powerful, and very fast. Any stunning moves were now electric-based and caused damage within their radius of attack. Think Pichu but actually usable and unable to damage itself.
Show me the food or didnt happen.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
At this point, I believe we shouldn't take these rumors or leaks seriously...
Agreed. These rumors and leaks look like they came from people who have a little too much time on their hands. Not only that, I think it's a little soon after the game's initial reveal for any credible leaks to surface.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Ok, the TC posted more info. This time revealing the characters, I personally don't believe this, maybe I'm denial... :p

-------------

Okay...at your own risk...

No Ridley again. Too tough to balance, not even listed.
K. Rool is pretty low priority. Doesn't add much unique.
Dog and Hunter (from Duck Hunt,) Paper Mario are in.
Snake is out. So is Jigglypuff.
Yo Yo Yo YO !!!! BROOO Here me out on a Real one.

Listen...G

*Come to the side of the road bro*

Talk to me...Iyt iyt...ok.
I hear that i understand ok....

Noww......

Phazon: Yo THOSE NEWCOMERS ARE DRYYYYYYYY !!!

Bro trust me i been around the block..i have seem dry s_it but BRO !

That Roster is Drier than Weetabix with no milk seft out in the sun...
And trusttt MEEEE nothing...i repeat NOTHING ! is Drier than Weetabix with no milk left out in the sun...

R-E-A-L-T-A-L-K

Heres proof.

3845493228_df42bac202_m.jpg

PS: Dry is a London Slang Term for Whack/Crap/S_it/Garbage/Trash/Rubbish/Dissapointing.

What else can i say? Come at Meh if ya wanna kill meh!

Yhyhyhyhh...i maybe High atm...AGAIN...(-_-) But i stand by da sheet ! Overwise i wouldnt have said or better yet..i wouldnt have said ''RealTalk'' after it !

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
My poor K. Rool :sadeyes:

...still waiting on this Pokemon reveal.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sounds decently believable. The Little Mac thing is just so obvious, any "leaker" could go ahead and say that he's in and people will believe him. The Dixie thing would be kind of sad though, if she was supposed to be a semi-clone of Diddy then I sure wouldn't welcome her as a semi-clone now, especially not over K. Rool. Other than that, obvious stuff is obvious, the customization thing also falls in part with what Sakurai hinted at with "change the direction of attacks."

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
plusle an minmun as clone of the ice climbers surely he realized no one would believe that

as clones of pikachu that work like the ice climbers would make a lot more sense

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Assuming that what is "leaked" soo far is real (Which personally, I wont have an opinion on until the next character is revealed, and we see if it is a Pokemon rep or not)

It is sad that K. Rool and Ridley Wont be in :c I personally would have liked to see them in just for the sake of more antagonists.

On a side note, I cant seem to find a "spoiler" tag option >.>

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is sad that K. Rool and Ridley Wont be in :c I personally would have liked to see them in just for the sake of more antagonists.

On a side note, I cant seem to find a "spoiler" tag option >.>
The collapse tag works kind of like a spoiler tag.

I'm not sure where you got the info about Ridley, since he wasn't mentioned.

Either way, WiiLuvU or w/e today's leaker was named has been proven as a fake leaker, people found old fake predictions made by him about E3 2012. Our only source who we can even mildly consider a possible real leaker is the guy who made the past statements in the OP, we'll see if he's the real deal come next character announcement. He claimed today that Dixie is in and that K. Rool is a reoccuring boss in the Adventure Mode. He also stopped himself mid-sentence as he was about to talk about Ridley. He also claimed that WiiLuvU was a fake.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
so King K Rool doesnt make it back to the actual donkey kong games but he will come to smash?

srsly guys what are you thinking?

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I don't know if you guys saw IntelliHeath1's post but the first leaker (INFINITEGTX) posted another topic. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66904309

-------

New information, new thread. To keep track of what's been said already, please read the previous two topics I've made on this board (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66776281). It just so happens that the day I come to make a new post, GameFAQs is having a field day with trolls and supposed prophets. Because of that, maybe this isn't the best time to make a thread, but I'll be driving to Washington for a week tomorrow evening, so I figured I'd just get this out of the way.

I'm going to make this cut and dry, for the most part. I'd like to preface by stating clearly that I don't know everything about the game. I get my information from casual conversations with a friend, and that's it. I'm saying this because I've been getting private messages requesting I "make a nudge for [X] as a playable character" and asking I spill the details on certain franchise representation. Absolutely everything that I know up until this point is shared in my threads. (That's part of the reason I won't be making replies--I quite seriously have no additional information to provide.) That said, let's cut to the chase.

Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the Donkey Kong franchise. She is not paired with Diddy Kong--nor is she a clone of him--but is her own, unique character. She has a jump mechanic similar to Peach's in that holding the jump button will cause her hair to twirl and will provide gradual vertical progression for a short time. From there you can keep holding the jump button to stall your fall time as you twirl. K. Rool is also in the game, but as a boss character. After being defeated the first time as King K. Rool, he returns a couple more times in Adventure mode as Kaptain K. Rool and then Baron K. Roolenstein. Despite how I feel about it, apparently he is treated as a less serious boss.

Fire Emblem will have not one, not two, but three individual character slots: Marth, Ike, and Chrom & Lucina. "There were less cuts than you think," is what I was told after hearing this. Regarding the latter, I was told that their moveset is "most unique out of any". Every time you use any one of your specials, that character will call upon the other, and the two will execute a simple combo; after the animation is done, the original character pulls back, and the supporter takes the reins. They both have their own separate set of standard moves, and they both have their own separate Final Smash. To clarify, their special moves are different from each other, but both will include the other in some way before switching them in. Further regarding the Fire Emblem franchise, I can--unfortunately--confirm that Roy will not be returning from Melee.

Now, I'm a big lurker, and I've also been reading the forums daily as the DOJO updates to see how the community responds. I noticed that a lot of you are concerned that Ice Climbers may be cut due to the expressed hardware limitations of the 3DS. Firstly, I'll just confirm for you that they're in. Secondly, I'd like to ease your mind with your concerns of the 3DS. The hardware isn't as limited as some people are making it out to be, and it has not had quite the dramatic effect on characters as some people are imagining. From what I've been told, the real and only true problem with the 3DS regarding characters is its small screens. Ice Climbers and Olimar, especially, have been tricky to handle due to how scrambled things appear on the screen with multiples of those characters. The game is still turning out fantastically, and any sort of character reduction will be mostly aesthetic.

Board the Platforms is returning, and precisely like how they've handled Break the Targets this time around, the levels will be divided per franchise. Stage Builder returns from Brawl, too, with huge upgrades. You can now apparently place tiles in the Z-plane, not just the X- and Y-planes. There are three layers to the former plane, the furthest and nearest being purely anesthetic placements. These two layers will have their own set of tiles to choose from. The background can be changed, the tiles come in many different textures and shades, and the editor in a whole is "just a huge improvement all around." I'm still trying to learn more about other modes and features. That's all I have for the time being. If there's anything you'd like me to find out about, post about it in a reply and I'll try to bring it up next time I catch a conversation with my friend. See you around the boards.

Oh right, I almost forgot. Ridl--

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
so King K Rool doesnt make it back to the actual donkey kong games but he will come to smash?

srsly guys what are you thinking?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this guy is Killing it HARDD RealTalk lmfaooo im in tears....serious..

This guy is the prophet of trolls.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm waiting for that Pokemon reveal he said will happen next. Not that it will make me believe him 100% but it will at least give some credibility.

Although how da frickity frack are they going to get a Z-plane to work in the stage builder when it is a 2D fighting game with no 3rd deminsion? o.O

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for that Pokemon reveal he said will happen next. Not that it will make me believe him 100% but it will at least give some credibility.

Although how da frickity frack are they going to get a Z-plane to work in the stage builder when it is a 2D fighting game with no 3rd deminsion? o.O

Well, he said that the furthest and the nearest layers will be used for stage decoration

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh right, I almost forgot. Ridl--
If a Pokémon reveal really is the next one, I'll personally go find him and interrogate him, then scold him for cutting off here.

Also, didn't Sakurai say something like we shouldn't expect the Stage Builder to return during one of those E3 interviews?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
is this infinite guy the one who predicted wii fit trainer?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As much as people would hate it, I would understand if Ridley and K.Rool got snubbed again despite being at the top of a good number of fan wish lists. This being said, I don't think anything said here is too unreasonable which, again, doesn't make this guy anymore a "prophet" then anybody else that can logically deduce things. Ridley's chances sit on whether they can reasonably work around the whole "he's too big" conundrum and K. Rool's depend on whether or not Sakurai see him as relevant or not. You'd think that both characters would be slam dunks but I think they both have enough tie ups that might end up cheating them out of this game too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just another prophet... >_>

I seriously hope no one here is believing any of these so-called leaks.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999

Nope! Not one bit! It's interesting to hear these BS stories though with all the fan service the leaks give :p I mean seriously, Ike is back along with Chrom and Lucina? Fan service leaks ferdayz

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
As much as people would hate it, I would understand if Ridley and K.Rool got snubbed again despite being at the top of a good number of fan wish lists. This being said, I don't think anything said here is too unreasonable which, again, doesn't make this guy anymore a "prophet" then anybody else that can logically deduce things. Ridley's chances sit on whether they can reasonably work around the whole "he's too big" conundrum and K. Rool's depend on whether or not Sakurai see him as relevant or not. You'd think that both characters would be slam dunks but I think they both have enough tie ups that might end up cheating them out of this game too.
Not everything he said seems that logical to me. He didn't say anything that seems like it can't happen, but some things are rather odd. For example, the stage builder prediction, board the platforms, and the Lucina&Chrom being one character. He's finally starting to get specific, so time will more easily tell if he is right or not. For example a Pokemon reveal being next will make me believe him more but I'd still be skeptical; if what he says about stage builder turns out to be true though, my skepticism will be destroyed.

EDIT: As a side note I had never seen anyone bring up the point about the screen getting to cluttered or w/e with too many IC's or Olimars. I's seen people bring up the cpu and ram and such, but never the aesthetic side of things. Doesn't mean he's a prophet but it is an interesting point.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
If a Pokémon reveal really is the next one, I'll personally go find him and interrogate him, then scold him for cutting off here.

Also, didn't Sakurai say something like we shouldn't expect the Stage Builder to return during one of those E3 interviews?
He said "No comment," which some took to mean it won't be returning.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He said "No comment," which some took to mean it won't be returning.
Well, I guess it's more or less because he hasn't decided whether it'll return or not then. Sakurai doesn't seem to be too shy to say "It won't return."

Not everything he said seems that logical to me. He didn't say anything that seems like it can't happen, but some things are rather odd. For example, the stage builder prediction, board the platforms, and the Lucina&Chrom being one character. He's finally starting to get specific, so time will more easily tell if he is right or not. For example a Pokemon reveal being next will make me believe him more but I'd still be skeptical; if what he says about stage builder turns out to be true though, my skepticism will be destroyed.

EDIT: As a side note I had never seen anyone bring up the point about the screen getting to cluttered or w/e with too many IC's or Olimars. I's seen people bring up the cpu and ram and such, but never the aesthetic side of things. Doesn't mean he's a prophet but it is an interesting point.
Yeah, he's getting into dangerous territory. The Lucina & Chrom thing isn't too stupid actually, considering that Sakurai has made comments about how much he tries to make the characters play like they do in their games, and I haven't played Awakening but isn't there some kind of duo function in it? Would make sense from that standpoint.

And yeah, the Ice Climbers thing is actually a rather obvious thing I haven't seen anyone else bring up either. It's actually a good point.

I'm not buying it yet, but the fact that he actually risks his validity by saying the next reveal will be a Pokémon reveal makes it more interesting for sure. I don't really buy other rumors, but this one is at least interesting to follow. Though of course I'm not gonna believe him until the next character reveal.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

Not at all. This isn't the first time that InfiniteGTX has claimed to have inside information on an unreleased Smash title. According to ItsKaijinyuTime on GameFAQs (here's the post: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66904309/753606308), he claimed to have inside information on Brawl which turned out to be false but afterwards, he stated that it was false because the source was his uncle's friend who supposedly had ties with Famitsu.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not everything he said seems that logical to me. He didn't say anything that seems like it can't happen, but some things are rather odd. For example, the stage builder prediction, board the platforms, and the Lucina&Chrom being one character. .
Ah, I didn't see this. My eyes tend to glaze over when I read these things.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The Lucina & Chrom thing isn't too stupid actually, considering that Sakurai has made comments about how much he tries to make the characters play like they do in their games, and I haven't played Awakening but isn't there some kind of duo function in it? Would make sense from that standpoint.
I don't actually know much about FE so this is some good insight. All I do know is I've never seen anyone propose such a thing before, thus if this happens I'll be very much inclined to believe this person.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Not at all. This isn't the first time that InfiniteGTX has claimed to have inside information on an unreleased Smash title. According to ItsKaijinyuTime on GameFAQs (here's the post: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66904309/753606308), he claimed to have inside information on Brawl which turned out to be false but afterwards, he stated that it was false because the source was his uncle's friend who supposedly had ties with Famitsu.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66901205/753569881

InfiniteGTX:
It actually is. I was super confused at first, thinking it was a modern-day joke account created to mock me, but that's actually my account from back in 2008. I was able to find out which email I used, change my password, and log back in. So, yes, that's me.

Those blog posts weren't messages to the forums, though. I was actually keeping track of various rumors for my own sake. (I was very into these things back then. I was super, super excited for Brawl and wanted to show my high-school friends all the cool, new, leaked information I was learning.) I removed the blog posts to avoid further confusion.

If anyone's interested, they were false rumors about Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't actually know much about FE so this is some good insight. All I do know is I've never seen anyone propose such a thing before, thus if this happens I'll be very much inclined to believe this person.
I actually think the duo team of them was an option in the Smash 4 Bingo that's running somewhere in the character discussion forum. Only place I've seen it proposed though.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If board the platform mode rumor is back is true I'm going to be so so happy

And please find a rumor about R.O.B I want to know if he's possible or not

bstroke0425

Smash Rookie
Hi, i'm new here. So many interesting threads!

These leaks are probably not true, which is good for me cause I really want K. Rool. Also, I was looking at the possible Pokemon rep predictions and was suprised nobody mentioned Meowth. It might seem pretty out there, but its still a possibility. If a Pokemon rep is indeed the next reveal, I doubt they'd show Mewtwo this soon. Lucarios position in SSB4 is iffy, and I don't think we'll see a 5th generation rep. Jigglypuff will probably be saved for later (or maybe not saved at all 0.0). It would most likely be a new Trainer, maybe a 6th gen one, but Meowth is still a possible addition. Just my two cents :p

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

These leaks are probably not true, which is good for me cause I really want K. Rool. Also, I was looking at the possible Pokemon rep predictions and was suprised nobody mentioned Meowth. It might seem pretty out there, but its still a possibility. If a Pokemon rep is indeed the next reveal, I doubt they'd show Mewtwo this soon. Lucarios position in SSB4 is iffy, and I don't think we'll see a 5th generation rep. Jigglypuff will probably be saved for later (or maybe not saved at all 0.0). It would most likely be a new Trainer, maybe a 6th gen one, but Meowth is still a possible addition. Just my two cents :p

Welcome to the Boards!

I'd love to see the talking Meowth from Team Rocket in the Pokemon cartoons as a playable chracter.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It's most likely the Kanto Pokémon Trainer that'll be revealed if any Pokémon rep. Meowth is kind of iffy since he has no importance outside of the anime, where he's more of a comic relief anyways iirc. The regular Pokémon Trainer will likely not get replaced by a new one, we have Mewtwo to rep 6th Gen now, which will most definitely be an unlockable either way. Charizard certainly helps the original Pokémon Trainer's case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom