• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Can somebody repost the crimson leak? A few people were asking about it. Also, did anyone happen to see that Ghirahim pic with him shooting a red projectile thingy?
I haven't heard of either of these. Mind giving me a quick description of both of these?

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Can somebody repost the crimson leak? A few people were asking about it. Also, did anyone happen to see that Ghirahim pic with him shooting a red projectile thingy?
Same here. I wasn't there so can you post the picture...right now it seems like we are Gluttony from FMA:B.. WE NEED TO DEVOUR MOAR LEAKS!!

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I haven't heard of either of these. Mind giving me a quick description of both of these?
The pic has him on the skyway sword stage holding his hand outstretched, and some black bullet looking thing with a red tail. It uses the skyway sword model to the T so I doubt it's real.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Got an update for yall-

GRAIN OF SALT REMEMBER

Alright so he only clarified the part about the triple deluxe stage he couldnt give me and specifics about the fire emblem stage i mentioned earlier.

apparently, the triple deluxe stage is based on the minigame that appears in the actual game, the dedede drum game. you jump up and down on the drums whic play music and sounds according to when the players land. ts completley uncompetitive but extremely fun to play according to his co-workers. he got some mis-information regarding the stages, a new epic yarn stage is featured on wii u and the triple deluxe stage is on the 3ds.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
It sounds a bit on the safe side, leak-wise. An Epic Yarn stage for the console and the Triple Deluxe Stage for the handheld are pretty much what people are expecting. Or, atleast what I'm expecting to happen. Or it could be a Return to Dreamland stage, but who knows?

Keep a close eye on your friend. We, however, will provide plenty of salt-shakers for everyone.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
It sounds a bit on the safe side, leak-wise. An Epic Yarn stage for the console and the Triple Deluxe Stage for the handheld are pretty much what people are expecting. Or, atleast what I'm expecting to happen. Or it could be a Return to Dreamland stage, but who knows?

Keep a close eye on your friend. We, however, will provide plenty of salt-shakers for everyone.
sorry ill supply the pepper :facepalm:

i really like the sound of that triple deluxe stage though.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
sorry ill supply the pepper :facepalm:

i really like the sound of that triple deluxe stage though.
You can confirm that your friend does work at Nintendo? I'm not asking you to tell us who he is, but to confirm that you can vouch for AT LEAST that, and not something you have to take his word for as well. Did he seem even capable of landing a job there knowing him in college? Granted, apparently NoA is not what it used to be and apparently is considered a joke in Washington business loop from what I understand.

MathiasBS

Smash Rookie
In the interest of getting away from the current conversation, can anybody confirm this?
We'll I can I guess. Maybe I can find it somewhere or write the stores or something and ask for it. But it was really bad and obviously just some random photos put together, but as I said I found it strange that more shops would use the same photo.
Any other Danes in here who saw that cover? Pacman, Mario, pit and a guy from the "Tales of" series?

andimidna

Smash Master
paper mario is actually legit. i was hoping he would get in due to his unique moveset from the paper mario series and his recent games.
That wasn't against the individual characters, I just listed a bunch of Mario characters. That's all.

THIS picture! I've been talking about this picture for a while, and it really has me thinking. There's no details on this thing, no mention that it's an assist trophy, no nothing. It's just there. Is it a new Zelda move? Did they remove Shiek since she's not really relevant to the newer Zelda games? I NEED TO KNOW.
Assist trophy.

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
You can confirm that your friend does work at Nintendo? I'm not asking you to tell us who he is, but to confirm that you can vouch for AT LEAST that, and not something you have to take his word for as well. Did he seem even capable of landing a job there knowing him in college? Granted, apparently NoA is not what it used to be and apparently is considered a joke in Washington business loop from what I understand.
yes i can promise that he really does work there. he loves it, but probably only because we grew up together as huge nintendo fans.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He's probably messing with you as a Nintendo employee, I think he'll be in trouble if he shared any kind of info at all. He's probably giving you a safe roster to fool you around.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I was gone for a week. Did I miss any prominent leaks or is it the same bullocky that we call a leaks and rumors thread?

Seriously, don't post unless it's about the topic of the thread or don't post at all.

andimidna

Smash Master
Hi, I haven't posted anything here ever but have been following the leak threads since Brawl.
A while back someone posted a "leak", claiming that Sakurai had left a hint to upcoming characters in each trailer and people briefly discussed the Punch Out stage. However, I don't think anyone has talked about the arcade machine in Little Mac's reveal trailer yet, and the picture posted on smashbros.com where Mac is fighting Donkey Kong on that exact same arcade machine. I think, if we are to discuss the "trailer-hinting leak", it would be interesting to discuss if this could be a reference to... Pacman? I know I know; Nintendo had their fair share of characters appear on arcade machines too, there was even a VS Punch Out system, but Nintendo characters are mostly know from their homeconsole counterparts (except the original Donkey Kong), so I just thought who's the king of the arcade? Pacman!

I tend to believe the Pacman rumors. A few months after the game was announced, a lot of different Danish gaming stores (I live in Denmark; coolshop, cdon, Fona and more) started taking preorders for the game and curiously enough; they all used the same cover for the game - a really bad mashup with four different pictures from Google and a text that read "Smash Bros". But the cool thing was, the four characters that appeared on the cover was Mario and Pacman in the front, and in the back was Pit and some guy from the "Tales of" series. I havent played the series, but always though it was curious they would all use the same fake cover art; as if someone had hinted what the game would be like. This must have been like a year and a half ago, so I seriously doubt it but nonetheless - it's an interesting discussion. What do you guys think?
DK on an arcade machine? Cranky Kong was the original DK. Cranky Kong confirmed to be the next reveal in April.

Unlike most people, I totally wouldn't mind this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tell yo friend we need to see him DIRECTLY with Iwata and Sakurai to believe this. :troll:

Last edited:

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Please tell your friend to start a hidden agenda to fire nintendo management. Ask your friend to tell us when Ness and C. Falcon will be shown.
the department where he works has nothing to do with PR so he wouldnt know dates and he's pretty sure Sakurai determines when characters are revealed except for E3.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Why would a random NOA employee know secret stuff about Smash Bros?

I honestly doubt anyone other than the higher-ups at NOA know anything. Japanese Nintendo workers, maybe...

ALSO, I love how no one had a problem with Samus/Bayonetta "sexualization" discussion but we mention Little Mac and everyone freaks out. :rolleyes:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There has to be American play testers already too though but then I don't know how that **** works. So ignore me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
There has to be American play testers already too though but then I don't know how that **** works. So ignore me.
There's likely mostly Namco Bandai and Nintendo of Japan testers at the moment. All of the game footage barring translated trailers is all Japanese gameplay with some english elements (IE: Doc Louis's voice was indeed in English when the version was blatantly the Japanese dev build when Koopa and Rockman where the names used in Japan). That's how Smash has always worked: Translators only start cracking the official game to translate it once the Japanese version is done.
Nintendo of America has barely any involvement at the moment with Smash 4 other than giving out some news for it translated. 99% of the development is held in Japan in the studio where Sakurai and the teams are developing and testing. AFAIK, there's no outside testing as of now, especially not in America. CrimsonDivine has forgotten to understand this very simple detail of the fact that the Japanese version is being developed first, and that the practical basis that a company wouldn't use a Japanese demo on an English-speaking (PRIMARILY) market as they know it would cause some confusion to certain consumers.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Realistically, only the people in NOA/NOE working in marketing or whoever manages the game's site would know stuff in advance, considering they make all that public (like the screencaps that are sometimes posted in NOE's Facebook).

Other than that, I don't see anyone other than the higher-ups knowing anything.

The treehouse, perhaps? And that's if the game is even in a stage where it can be translated.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I don't want to be off topic... oh wait never mind. Shifting gears here, have y'all noticed that there's an extreme focus on the uniqueness of characters this time around? I'm not talking about how they look or what games they hail from. I'm talking about how they fight. Just take a look here.

The Villager - introduces new mechanic of collecting projectiles and introduces some other attack mechanics not previously seen (dropping bowling ball, growing/chopping tree)

Wii Fit Trainer - nothing really special about her attacks but I think that's the point. Based around normal attacks rather than special attacks

Megaman - Character based off of projectiles.

Rosalina & Luma - 2 characters in one like the ice climbers BUT it appears they can separate at will and attack multiple targets

Little Mac - Character clearly based around super armor with a new charge up meter mechanic that can deliver a 1-hit KO when full

My point is every new character has been based around a single aspect of of gameplay or has introduced a new one that is unique to that character. Thinking in this respect perhaps we can narrow down a few leaks and look at possible new characters based on what they could offer gameplay-wise? I find it a bit odd that no leak mentions anything gameplay related when it is clearly going to be a huge focus of SSB4. I think it's extremely likely that Sakurai is not thinking about which characters are popular when he's deciding the roster, but rather what could a character bring to the table in terms of gameplay. Seriously, at this point they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for popular Nintendo characters so any new characters are going to have to bring something special to the roster if they are even going to be considered. Just food for thought when looking at leaks and rumors.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Realistically, only the people in NOA/NOE working in marketing or whoever manages the game's site would know stuff in advance, considering they make all that public (like the screencaps that are sometimes posted in NOE's Facebook).

Other than that, I don't see anyone other than the higher-ups knowing anything.

The treehouse, perhaps? And that's if the game is even in a stage where it can be translated.
Treehouse usually works on translation much later into development. It's clearly not that far enough, given there's not even an official date of release.
It's only very likely that the high-ups at Nintendo know the roster and just keep it on a tab to notify translators and PR guys.
Hey guys, I don't want to be off topic... oh wait never mind. Shifting gears here, have y'all noticed that there's an extreme focus on the uniqueness of characters this time around? I'm not talking about how they look or what games they hail from. I'm talking about how they fight. Just take a look here.

The Villager - introduces new mechanic of collecting projectiles and introduces some other attack mechanics not previously seen (dropping bowling ball, growing/chopping tree)

Wii Fit Trainer - nothing really special about her attacks but I think that's the point. Based around normal attacks rather than special attacks

Rosalina & Luma - 2 characters in one like the ice climbers BUT it appears they can separate at will and attack multiple targets

Little Mac - Character clearly based around super armor with a new charge up meter mechanic that can deliver a 1-hit KO when full

My point is every new character has been based around a single aspect of of gameplay or has introduced a new one that is unique to that character. Thinking in this respect perhaps we can narrow down a few leaks and look at possible new characters based on what they could offer gameplay-wise? I find it a bit odd that no leak mentions anything gameplay related when it is clearly going to be a huge focus of SSB4. I think it's extremely likely that Sakurai is not thinking about which characters are popular when he's deciding the roster, but rather what could a character bring to the table in terms of gameplay. Seriously, at this point they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for popular Nintendo characters so any new characters are going to have to bring something special to the roster if they are even going to be considered. Just food for thought when looking at leaks and rumors.
Monsieur, I think this is the wrong thread for character discussion. This is for leaks and rumors, and while you are partly on topic, please head here for character discussion. Though your point on leaks does give a strong arguement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got an update for yall-

GRAIN OF SALT REMEMBER

Alright so he only clarified the part about the triple deluxe stage he couldnt give me and specifics about the fire emblem stage i mentioned earlier.

apparently, the triple deluxe stage is based on the minigame that appears in the actual game, the dedede drum game. you jump up and down on the drums whic play music and sounds according to when the players land. ts completley uncompetitive but extremely fun to play according to his co-workers. he got some mis-information regarding the stages, a new epic yarn stage is featured on wii u and the triple deluxe stage is on the 3ds.
An update on what rumor? Its been awhile since I was here last.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Yeah, that's why I disagree with many leaks including semi-clones such as Toon Zelda, Roy, and Lucina.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Treehouse usually works on translation much later into development. It's clearly not that far enough, given there's not even an official date of release.
It's only very likely that the high-ups at Nintendo know the roster and just keep it on a tab to notify translators and PR guys.
Indeed. And even people working on the site and social media would only know a few things in advance, like specific characters/items, not the full roster.

I dunno, other than ones that come from Japan-related sources, I wouldn't put a lot of faith on most leaks.

By the way, has anyone done any digging on American voice actors for Nintendo characters?

Last time, the Krystal voice actress let it slip that she did work for the game (which mislead people into thinking she was playable), the same could happen now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah... Let's please keep this about leaks, people...

Thank you for the mini-modding Axle. :p

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah... Let's please keep this about leaks people...

Thank you for the mini-modding Axle. :p
It just happens. :p I'd rather stop things before they get worse and then Moderators place actual infractions and warnings. I mean, we've already had 2 threads go downhill, I'll be pissed if another goes south.
Last time, the Krystal voice actress let it slip that she did work for the game (which mislead people into thinking she was playable), the same could happen now.
I remember how many leaks people thought were dead because she accidentally said this, it comes to show that you should take absolutely everything with a grain of salt. Which sadly isn't done with this Pre-SSB4 speculation as much as it could be.

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's why I disagree with many leaks including semi-clones such as Toon Zelda, Roy, and Lucina.
Me too. I also disagree with any leak that mentions a new pairing between characters like Chrom & Lucina or Diddie & Dixie (disconfirmed). I mean we already have a new unique pairing with Rosalina & Luma. I doubt they would add any more pairs unless they brought something extremely unique. On the other hand, I think it gives more credibility to the more out there rumors. I'm looking at Professor E. Gadd and thinking he could be based around the pushing/pulling (Squirtle's Nspecial, Mario's Dspecial) mechanic by using his vacuum. I'm not saying I believe your leak (Really? Reggie?), but it does make me look at E. Gadd a bit less skeptically.

Monsieur, I think this is the wrong thread for character discussion. This is for leaks and rumors, and while you are partly on topic, please head here for character discussion. Though your point on leaks does give a strong arguement.
Sorry about that, thanks for the link

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Me too. I also disagree with any leak that mentions a new pairing between characters like Chrom & Lucina or Diddie & Dixie (disconfirmed). I mean we already have a new unique pairing with Rosalina & Luma. I doubt they would add any more pairs unless they brought something extremely unique. On the other hand, I think it gives more credibility to the more out there rumors. I'm looking at Professor E. Gadd and thinking he could be based around the pushing/pulling (Squirtle's Nspecial, Mario's Dspecial) mechanic by using his vacuum. I'm not saying I believe your leak (Really? Reggie?), but it does make me look at E. Gadd a bit less skeptically.
Well it could potentially replace what was once was a Diddy+Dixie idea and move it to Chrom+Lucina, but with a few of the FE pair-up mechanics included, since they already gave Diddy a perfectly fine unique moveset.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
so any leaks i missed
Well, unless you just saw the violent onslaught that I used to practically deconfirm the CrimsonDivine leak...
-A playtester leak from a user called CrimsonDivine who claimed he and his brother got to test Smash 4.
-Another leak with a ominous Mr. Hanafuda character.
-An incredibly safe leak that copied another, older leak.
-I believe a leak trying to confirm April's ND reveal? Don't quote me on that one.
-This thread getting derailed and rerailed twice.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
We'll I can I guess. Maybe I can find it somewhere or write the stores or something and ask for it. But it was really bad and obviously just some random photos put together, but as I said I found it strange that more shops would use the same photo.
Any other Danes in here who saw that cover? Pacman, Mario, pit and a guy from the "Tales of" series?
Thank you, that'd be fantastic. I just don't want this to go unnoticed just incase it's true. I mean, it could very well be that some guy decided to slap on his most wanted Namco characters, but you never know. The fact that it's from multiple stores intrigues me, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom