• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Now it's starting to feel like when the Brawl rumors began winding up. We're in for a very scary era of speculation. Brace yourself for the rumor flood. The dam only holds for so long.

And keep in mind that 99% of these will be utter bs. That said, there probably will be a legitimate few that slip through the cracks, especially if the west is to receive the game around the same time as Japan. Because the west is horrible for leaking things whereas Japan can usually keep their **** in line. :smirk:
i remember back in the brawl days there would be a possible leak basically daily sometimes multiple, its gonna be a long wait...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait can we start a fake roster and post it on GameFAQs?
Seriously.
I don't see the point. People aren't going to take it seriously, they didn't even take the real leaks seriously, and soon it'll be forgotten amidst all the others.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, that's interesting that that leak happened. And it's also interesting that Gamefaqs staff are so inane. But that's another story. :p

memememe

Smash Apprentice
I don't see the point. People aren't going to take it seriously, they didn't even take the real leaks seriously, and soon it'll be forgotten amidst all the others.

Fun for a laugh for a few minutes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fun for a laugh for a few minutes.
Well no one's stopping you, you just better have a damn plausible one that doesn't contradict anything Sakurai has already established this time around or it'll get torn apart. Actually it'll get torn apart no matter what, but you probably will get a dumb believer or two out of it, presumably if you include "their" character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think people really bothered saving too many "crazy" leaks, there were a lot of them and none of them really stood out as believable iirc. There were a couple of times people thought Geno got leaked, there was the Krystal VA "leak", fake rosters back then generally had characters like Ridley, Krystal, Mega Man, Bomberman, Isaac, an AC character, Geno, sometimes Claus or Sukapon or something...

Most of them were also over 40, and none had ROB (or at least very few), and then when the real roster was leaked it all came crashing down and people were pissed. :laugh:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I can't wait to see the immense butthurt when we find out the real roster this time around! :awesome: Even if I half expect to be part of it. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think people really bothered saving too many "crazy" leaks, there were a lot of them and none of them really stood out as believable iirc. There were a couple of times people thought Geno got leaked, there was the Krystal VA "leak", fake rosters back then generally had characters like Ridley, Krystal, Mega Man, Bomberman, Isaac, an AC character, Geno, sometimes Claus or Sukapon or something...

Most of them were also over 40, and none had ROB (or at least very few), and then when the real roster was leaked it all came crashing down and people were pissed. :laugh:
Hype is a dangerous game, it leads to delusion which leads to disappointment. People putting their heart and soul into such a dangerous game is reckless, and yet everyone did it anyway.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The worst part is that I don't think those jerks ever gave him the apology he clearly deserved. They should have been fired for their clear incompetence and they probably weren't. And of course, it's because of stuff like this that GameFAQs is treated like a joke nowadays...

Sorry for venting. But I'm glad that a topic like this exists and that people here have open minds regarding leaks and rumors. We're much better than those idiots at GameFAQs...

Kel

Smash Master
Back in 2007 there was a guy that only posted once and just came here to post the EXACT DAY Sonic would be revealed.

He was, of course, flamed as being a troll until the day Sonic was revealed on the Brawl dojo. I never saw the guy post again, but I remember he had a peach avatar. I don't remember his name, but it was around a month before Sonic was revealed.

....we need that guy back.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Back in 2007 there was a guy that only posted once and just came here to post the EXACT DAY Sonic would be revealed.

He was, of course, flamed as being a troll until the day Sonic was revealed on the Brawl dojo. I never saw the guy post again, but I remember he had a peach avatar. I don't remember his name, but it was around a month before Sonic was revealed.

Yeah, I went searching on some of the old Brawl threads aroudn these parts, since I was at a different forum back then I thought it would be funny to see how Smashboards was back then, and I did find the guy who leaked Sonic's announce date. An interesting thing he also said was that they had considered giving Peach her spin-off sports outfit as her primary costume.

I would like to read some crazy fake leaks from back in the day.
This one was pretty big for quite some time, can't remember what deconfirmed it though but many sites simply took it as a flat out confirmation for some reason: http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/04/smash-bros-brawl-character-confirmations-and-desires/

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah I remember these. Most people is really sad regarding the roster of the game. Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers are "unknown" and "lame" so it's a good thing they get removed. Sometimes I really hope Sakurai will never care about fan suggestions or these fake leaks.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

He probably had a heart attack after finding out Sonic was actually revealed as a playable character.

The same thing will most likely happen to me if Goku gets revealed but I think I may get lucky as his chances are pretty much .0001% out of 100.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He probably had a heart attack after finding out Sonic was actually revealed as a playable character.

The same thing will most likely happen to me if Goku gets revealed but I think I may get lucky as his chances are pretty much .1% out of 100.
His chances are zero. ZERO percent.
And good ****ing riddance.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, I went searching on some of the old Brawl threads aroudn these parts, since I was at a different forum back then I thought it would be funny to see how Smashboards was back then, and I did find the guy who leaked Sonic's announce date. An interesting thing he also said was that they had considered giving Peach her spin-off sports outfit as her primary costume.

This one was pretty big for quite some time, can't remember what deconfirmed it though but many sites simply took it as a flat out confirmation for some reason: http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/03/04/smash-bros-brawl-character-confirmations-and-desires/
i remember that "radio show" leak, i think it was believable because of the fact it was supposedly a Japanese radio show so no one could find it.

There was also a leak that flat out told the roster. the dragoon leak and the one with the roster were the only "real" leaks and the one with the full roster i think came later but was still pretty far ahead of when the game came out. but of course it was dismissed because brawls final roster is...well... for lack of a better term some what disappointing.

I used to only come here for leak info and then relay it to another smash forum, that I cant find anymore, under the name "Little-Mac", so I was always following the "leaks" from back in the brawl days.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It looks photoshopped, but have we ever seen Mega Man or Sonic in those poses?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy ****!

Anyone know where the Pac-Man model is from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom