• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The next confirmed character doesn't prove anything he has said. The only acceptable evidence that most things he says is true is that it will come to pass. We would have to see Mewtwo in both forms, and so forth.

As a note, if enough people make enough predictions, one of them is bound to be correct.
Quilt here has the right idea. If enough people spread so called "leaks" then someone is bound to be right. Especially if they only say things that are fairly likely to be true.

That said if the only rumor that even seems reasonable to me, does have something it said proven to be true, it does gain some legitimacy in my mind. Not enough to be believed, but enough to make me wonder. Having a Pokemon rep as the next reveal is somewhat likely... but it isn't that likely.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
No, no. The second post (i.e. July 19th post) was talking about the next reveal being a Pokemon character.

Ah nevermind, you're right. I read it wrong.
He is claiming stuff that we already figured out on our own though. Besides the event things such as Break the Targets, etc....which would most likely be in anyway.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This all sounds like stuff I wouldn't mind, but it's all so generic "could be right, could be a little wrong" that it doesn't seem legit.

The Pokemon getting the next revealed character bit proves this, considering the current "trend/idea" is that they'll reveal characters to hype/sync with game releases, Pokemon X/Y in this case. I'm not saying it wouldn't prove this, but seems like a fallback statement.
Yeah, and it seems the most likely that Mewtwo is an unlockable, wouldn't it be too early? But if the rumor was true, maybe Jigglypuff will be revealed.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One thing I just saw on GameFAQs...if Mewtwo is rumored to have two new forms, not just one, wouldn't it be strange for him to use just one and not both?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Let's say some guy leaks some info. We can't trust him until all of that news is confirmed. If half of it is confirmed, that doesn't automatically confirm the other half. Until all of it is confirmed, we can only assume that he's some guy who made a lucky guess.

But here's the problem: Once all of it is confirmed, you no longer need that leak. If tomorrow Nintendo announces everything in this rumour, then we have lots of new information, but it still doesn't matter if the leak was real or not, because we didn't get the confirmation from the leak. We got it from Nintendo.

Before being confirmed, a rumour is unreliable. After being confirmed, a rumour is irrelevant.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
To me it sounds like he's playing it safe, saying they're just working on Mewtwo in case he's not in, saying his friend wasn't clear about Lucario in case he doesn't make it again. The only risk he takes is the Pokémon reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aside from Gamefaqs being a few ticks away from /b/ in terms of being the butthole of the internet, everything here is incredibly vague with most of the "leaks" having a freakishly high chance of being true (Little Mac and Mewtwo especially) so if something is proven wrong, this guy can just point out of the other things to make it seem like he's not a complete liar.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well everyone's right there's not enough proof of all of this being true but its 50/50 shot of being true due to the fact.
this is the mew two part I'm talking about by the way is because

For one thing sakurai blabbermouthed that they are considering mew two and the rumor alarmingly similar to what I thinks is going to happen mew two will get down B as transform and not the final smash and that finals smash is going to be psystrike and I did figure it would simply reverse the stats of mew two when he switches forms and mew two could be the pokemon character announced because so they can just get rid of the fear of him getting kicked again I mean think about why would sonic get announced if he's unlock able besides being 3rd party

(oh the reason it's kind of fake is the part about him having the same moves and everyone hated his movement in Melee and needs to be fixed for ssb4 if in like make side B psycho cut and not confusion and all of the A moves need to be more accurate and some changed)

And for the other part only little Mac and mii are likly not pacman

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Interesting read and wouldn't mind if what he said was is true but as always I don't take them as official to avoid disappointment. I'll be keeping my eye on this though.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
"...As it will put my friend's career at considerable risk."

Dude's apparently already not crazy about his job for telling him all this, so we might as well get the whole roster.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looks like we just have to wait and see if the next revealed character is pokemon related.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Man the hype will pierce through the heavens if the next reveal is a pokemon rep.
There's no telling which pokemon it could be. They like to include popular characters, which is how we got Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo who were big in the anime. But they'll probably want to include one of the awesome new reps from Black/White/X/Y.
The only first gen rep I care about is Charizard, but Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staples of the smash franchise and I could understand not wanting to load the roster with too many pokemon, especially pokemon from an older generation. Ivysaur was my favorite to fight with though...GRAH WHERE'S BLAZIKEN!?!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Man the hype will pierce through the heavens if the next reveal is a pokemon rep.
There's no telling which pokemon it could be. They like to include popular characters, which is how we got Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo who were big in the anime. But they'll probably want to include one of the awesome new reps from Black/White/X/Y.
The only first gen rep I care about is Charizard, but Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staples of the smash franchise and I could understand not wanting to load the roster with too many pokemon, especially pokemon from an older generation. Ivysaur was my favorite to fight with though...GRAH WHERE'S BLAZIKEN!?!
The only 2 pokemon I know that fits the bill from the blog about how pokemon are chosen the only 2 pokemon that fit that blog is zoroark and genesect

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
It's so hard to decide which Pokemon's should represent the franchise,
I mean the majority of casual pokemon fans only care about the first gen. Charizard always wins the popularity polls. But I mean how many first gen reps is too much? And once a rep is in you can't just simply take them out. Is it too late to include pokemon from 2nd gen and 3rd gen?
I now know Sakurai's pain.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Maybe it will be an unexpected newcomer like the Pokémon Trainer back in the day
If a pokemon is confirmed on the next character reveal then this rumor gains a Hugh plausibility

Of being being an unexpected newcomer then it would not be either zoroark nor genesect

Conis

Smash Rookie
This rumor is so hilariously stereotypical ("friend" who's a game dev, vague predictions that kinda-sorta make sense based on fan expectations/desires, a random extra bit of information being thrown in that make no sense being included with everything else, etc.) that it's incredibly easy to declare this fake. Plus the "oh I just reactivated this account" BS to excuse the fact that his account is new. I'm not even sure that's how account reactivation on GameFAQs actually works (I'd think you'd be granted whatever account status you had before deactivating, but I don't know this for sure).

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would WANT this to be true, since the information in it suggests that the roster isn't even finalized yet, which would be very troubling news. If the game is going to release next year, they should really have that figured out by now. I also think I remember a statement from Sakurai saying that they weren't taking character requests anymore or something to that effect? Doesn't completely contradict this, but it certainly makes it seem a lot more dubious.

I know a lot of people want Mewtwo back, but as much as I like him I'd really rather not ***** out 1st gen even more than it already has been. It would be really dumb if they put in his ugly new form and counted that as the token "new generation rep". Keeping Lucario (who already has a lot of similarities to Mewtwo anyway) and adding an actually new X/Y Pokemon would be a much better choice. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I remember back in early january a guy on gamefaqs with a similar story stated a lot of things like whos getting cut, new characters, and stages.

The reason why they are so similar is that they both put an expiration date at the end of there rumors. THis one says that a pokemon will be the next character, and if the next character is not a pokemon, then his will be proven false
whereas the last on said that one of the new characters was a yoshi rep, he was supposedly red and big, and he either played a role in yoshis new island or yarn yoshi.
Well he stated that on january 31, there would be a new nintendo direct showcasing the yoshi game, and it would show the big red guy, making his debut into the yoshi series. Well in that nintendo direct the big red guy was proven to not exist, deeming that rumor false.
So something tells me that will be the case this time

nessokman

Smash Lord
The idiot who made the rumor probably knew about the pokemon event. Don't get your hopes up

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The idiot who made the rumor probably knew about the pokemon event. Don't get your hopes up
Believe me I'm not believe its just a rumor without proof of the rumor being true there's no proof this rumor is real the only proof is if a pokemon rep is next up on the reveal witch is the one after olimar then this rumor gets more of the plausible than busted side

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I remember back in early january a guy on gamefaqs with a similar story stated a lot of things like whos getting cut, new characters, and stages.

The reason why they are so similar is that they both put an expiration date at the end of there rumors. THis one says that a pokemon will be the next character, and if the next character is not a pokemon, then his will be proven false
whereas the last on said that one of the new characters was a yoshi rep, he was supposedly red and big, and he either played a role in yoshis new island or yarn yoshi.
Well he stated that on january 31, there would be a new nintendo direct showcasing the yoshi game, and it would show the big red guy, making his debut into the yoshi series. Well in that nintendo direct the big red guy was proven to not exist, deeming that rumor false.
So something tells me that will be the case this time
"Big red guy"
They did show a giant shy guy for Yoshi's New Island. Maybe...

grizby2

Smash Lord
if my theory of "sakurai getting hard-to-implement characters done and out of the way" is right, then I imagine the next pokemon rep would be PKMN trainer. he was a starter character after all. but knowing how vague the source is, this rumor probably couldn't float on concrete...

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't mind these rumors at all. They do seem generic and given. That is fine though. If the next reveal is a Pokemon reveal, I can dig it. Jigglypuff seems obvious. I think PKMN Trainer was cut. If it isn't Lucario/Mewtwo. That would leave a newcomer or our pink ball (assuming Pichu doesn't make an epic comeback).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom