• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
Are you serius?A person that says that ridley is too big at 5:50A.M?!*yawn*Well its better than dreaming that your in library with a window and then looking trought you see UFOs then I look closely and see aliens then I become paralized and after the dream I wake up at 3:00A.M and star seeing things but IMOA
and you're taking this seriously because?? lol

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
LET THE RUMOR BE TRUE!!
As much as I want this most recent rumor to be true, it most likely isn't since #1: Nintendo isn't attending the Tokyo Game Show so there would be no reason to reveal a character then and #2: the Smash Bros. website only updates on weekdays so the website wouldn't be updated on October 12 since this falls on a Saturday.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Waaaait, when were pacman, mii and little mac proved to be fake?
They weren't. The thing that ended up being "fake" (Which isn't really an accurate term) is that they would all be revealed at E3. Mac, Pac and Mii weren't revealed at E3. However, because the other 3 characters were revealed at E3, it's safe to assume that all 6 characters are in the game and there was misinformation about when they would be reveled.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
They weren't. The thing that ended up being "fake" (Which isn't really an accurate term) is that they would all be revealed at E3. Mac, Pac and Mii weren't revealed at E3. However, because the other 3 characters were revealed at E3, it's safe to assume that all 6 characters are in the game and there was misinformation about when they would be reveled.
The should really change the colour of that part in the first post then, it's misleading.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No, it's probably fake. Them being shown at E3 is pretty crucial to it being true.

If your right about some things and wrong about others, it doesn't mean the whole thing is still true.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
No, it's probably fake. Them being shown at E3 is pretty crucial to it being true.

If your right about some things and wrong about others, it doesn't mean the whole thing is still true.
It doesn't mean the whole thing is wrong either.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Thats what i call a jump to conclusion the rumor is the 6 would be revealed 3 out of 6 got revealed at E3 it dosen't mean that little mac pacman and mii are all deconfirmed just like that especially little mac since the arena stage is 98% of little macs ring

( the Bungee cords on the major circuit of punch out wii matches the colors on the cords of the smash bros arena)

( the ribben on the world circuit arena witch is at the center of the ring best view from sodas knockdown theres a ribben on the smash bros arena matches the one on the world circuit arena)

(The 3 stars of the arena of smash bros arena and on punch out wii the loading icons 3 stars there as well. Besides the minor circuit but the boxing gloves cover 2 of them in Idle position like on the champion belt of all 3 circuits. And as for the 6 stars of major and world belts aah bit they are Separate from Each other so 3 stars on each side of the belts)

(And finally the lasers of the sand man intro matches the ones on the picture of mario on the arena reaching for the sky)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It pretty much does. I mean how the hell do you know information and still get said information wrong?
1+1=2, but in binary code, 1+1=10
I'm not sure if that was related to what you just asked, but I'm tired and that is the best I can explain it.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
It pretty much does. I mean how the hell do you know information and still get said information wrong?
Because he got his information from someone else. It's not like he got his info directly from the game itself. Someone told him about, probably indirectly.

"Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii."

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

It's really not crucial at all.

obviously at E3 smash bros 4 data is behind the scenes, either demo discs or character intro footage videos or whatever fact is some working data is floating around in some form at the convention. Say someone sees the game behind the scenes, a stage hand, hired help, a janitor etc... either nintendo people editing it or maybe even playing a demo who knows but smash 4 stuff is on tv screens backstage and that person then LEAKS what they saw and says they are going to show it at E3.

and then not all the characters are shown. does that mean the leak was false? no. just that the leaker only leaked what they saw or heard and ASSUMED it would be shown at E3, nintendo could have changed their minds about how many characters they wanted to reveal who knows, just because this leaker didn't have control of that doesn't mean they are wrong about who they know are in the game from seeing it at E3.

Like it or not I really think that leak is the "true" leak out of the ones we have heard (others might be true as well but this one is probably true where the others are probably fake):

1.they predicted wii fit trainer, an impossible character to predict.
2.it happened during E3, a time when info could actually get in the hands of someone who might leak it.
3.the only thing it was wrong about was timing of reveal and specific name of "villager". getting the name of villager wrong means its more likely they simply SAW the characters and it may have even been in japanese or something and again this supports the idea that saying the characters would be leaked at E3 was just an assumption but this does not mean the characters weren't seen to be in the game.
4. out of the 6 characters leaked, the 3 we were shown were less likely then the 3 we weren't shown. WFT = not gonna happen. Villager = sakurai already said no due to not being a fighter. Megaman = likely but no concrete reason to assume he's in. /VS./ Pac-Man = namco is working on the game. Little Mac = most likely newcomer, everyone guesses him and he was an assist trophy so he's already almost been a character plus he had a game series revival post brawl. Mii = nintendo adds this to EVERYTHING lately and sakurai hinted at customization, like it or not mii's are and have always been likely in the next smash game.

So because of all that I'm bracing for the 2nd half of the leak to be proven true as well.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok so we got one rumor saying Smash 4 will get Mii, Little Mac and Pac-Man and another saying it'll get Palutena.

Not entirely exclusive of each other but we'll see. Remember Sakurai could be aware of any leaks and mailed out different info to everyone in the company to find the leaker.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ok so we got one rumor saying Smash 4 will get Mii, Little Mac and Pac-Man and another saying it'll get Palutena.

Not entirely exclusive of each other but we'll see. Remember Sakurai could be aware of any leaks and mailed out different info to everyone in the company to find the leaker.
We'll see if the Palutena leak is true tommorow. If ZSS is revealed, then it's most likely true. Though Palutena is considered a shoe-in by many of us either way, and so is the rest of the characters on the list maybe except Lucario, so it's not like it'd be groundbreaking or anything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well. No ZSS.

Can't say I'm surprised but leak confirmed to be false.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yep, fake. Funny it happened just as the site went down...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Didn't it say there was no estimate release of the reveal
If we're talking about the ZSS/Palutena/Lucario/SS Zelda leak, then it stated the exact days the characters should have been revealed. ZSS's days was two days ago, and it didn't come to pass. There were many other things giving it away though, like Lucario being revealed on a Saturday, Skyward Sword Zelda while Link still has his Twilight Princess design, not to mention it comes from 4chan.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If the next character reveal is ZSS I'll give the rumor some credibility, but until the next character reveal I'm saying the "4chan palutena" rumor is totally fake since it didn't just give an order of character reveals it gave dates and was very specific that the dates were crucial saying that they were predetermined.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm pretty skeptical on that E3 rumor now. It's possible that the leaker could have wildly confused or exaggerated reveal dates, but we're months out from e3 with several reveals under our belts and nary a sign of any of those characters. Little Mac looks increasingly likely, of course, but he was never a difficult guess.

I'm pretty skeptical on that E3 rumor now. It's possible that the leaker could have wildly confused or exaggerated reveal dates, but we're months out from e3 with several reveals under our belts and nary a sign of any of those characters. Little Mac looks increasingly likely, of course, but he was never a difficult guess.
Ridley was never a difficult guess but he's in an awkward position right now

Yeah, Lil Mac is the only character I'm sure of.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Shouldn't be much of a surprise, as far as I know they haven't attended in years, if ever.

I'm not expecting a newcomer for the rest of the year myself.
ugh...I was really hoping for newcomers around the time :\. But thanks for the notice

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well as for the pacman mii little mac wii fit megaman villager revealed at e3 rumor is false

But not the 3 not shown they are still possible especially little mac

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If mii's are added it is the death of the franchise.
People said the same about R.O.B.

1 character doesn't mean the death of a game or franchise, that's overly ridiculous. I don't like the idea either, but I can settle with never playing as a Mii, and I can't say I wouldn't enjoy beating the snot out of a Mii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom