• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Power - South America Tournament - 25/08/13

banze

Smash Journeyman
What’s up guys !?

I come here to announce the next big event.

SSB Power

As some of you know, I was planning for a sometime now to host a tournament that would gather all the Great Latin American players in one place. And this is it!!

I’ve just confirmed the venue and the streaming for the tournament that will take place on São Paulo Brazil – 18 august 13. I’ve invited the Peruvian community on the face book, and this is a formally invite for Chilean and Argentineans to come as well!
I have talked with Isai by PM and he told me there is the possibility of him coming to this depending on the confirmation of another trip.

So, I want to take this chance to invite everyone else here to go ahead, buy plane tickets and come to Brazil to enjoy everything this country has to offer! We will take care of housing for the outsiders, with the Brazilian community support !

I’m planning on making this the main event for South America Smash64 scene! So help me out to hype this and make it bigger and bigger!!

We usually have around 28 to 30 entrants every time, but on this one we are expecting something around 40-45 players only from here.

This is the link for the event on the Brazilian boards: http://forum.1upsmash.com/topic/8415933/1/#new

The Stream will be hold on this channel: http://www.twitch.tv/x_revolution

For more information, travel plans or requests, you can PM me or post here.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sounds awesome. Hmmmm how many chances will I get to go to Brazil in my life? Nah prolly won't go, but it is intriguing...

You put the month and the day backwards!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm quite intrigued as to what the stage list will be for this, and how people adapt to it.

The Chileans I've played with usually go 100% dreamland with me. The Peruvians obviously go all hyrule. And the Brazilians play on every stage in the game lol.

Should be interesting. Good job on trying to unite South America banze. Lots of good players on that continent.

prove creathx

Smash Rookie
Smallest range of values (1-12) to largest range of values (negative infinity to positive infinity)

Not that I think the U.S. way is the most effective

Jayr

Smash Cadet
I'm going!!! :D

Our ruleset is a little bit confusing. In fake smash tournaments we use Congo,Hyrule and DL as Starters and we add Peach Castle to the counterpick list.

On the other side, there are offline tournaments here that all stages are available (except MK). The results are the same in both rulesets (Banze/Cabelo wins).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha i don't think that's the actual logic. I bet back in the america just wanted to be different kinda of like driving on the right side of the road (which is obviously the superior way get with it world).

Though it is nice to say "It's May 22nd" as opposed to "It's the 22nd of May".

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can we not revive this tired argument

I mean, you guys should be getting hype instead cuz wow this sounds big

I can't wait to see it. I missed the last stream but I'll be sure to see this one :)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
HYPE HYPE HYPE. So banze, is this going to be using the brazillian ruleset (all stages but mk)?

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Na you gotta make it easy to sort: 20130818
Cheapest round trip flight I found leaving friday and coming back monday is $1005.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'd go with you if I had nothing else going on, but this is not during a convenient time too attend for me.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
If Peru confirms, I'll try to get boomfan to come with me

Edit:
Step 1: Peru confrims (at least tavo & gerson)
Step 2: I will convince boomfan to skip school and make it out
Step 3: Isai scraps his japan vacation plans and goes to brasil instead
Step 4: The (j) players get enticed and come also

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to disable cookies before you search for airline tickets. That way they don't increment the price based on your previous searches. Just something I heard. Has proven to be accurate in the past

Battlecow

Play to Win
Actually not true. There was a thing on reddit offering a reward to anyone who could get proof of it and everyone failed. Anecdotes from people who saw the price go down coincidentally started an urban legend, is all.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ! about the rule set!
We are actually discussing it right now. Trying to make it in a way that most of the people attempting is comfortable enough with it. (of course, the bigger number is brazillian players and they like playing the actual rule set).
It is more likely that we are going to implement stage strike for the first round (it was random before), and ban one or two stages from the list.
But we might as well approve something very similar to last apex rule set. Certainly no DL only or Hyrule only for this one dough =]

If Peru confirms, I'll try to get boomfan to come with me

Edit:
Step 1: Peru confrims (at least tavo & gerson)
Step 2: I will convince boomfan to skip school and make it out
Step 3: Isai scraps his japan vacation plans and goes to brasil instead
Step 4: The (j) players get enticed and come also
That would be so F***** awesome !

and Batlecow and Sensei as well !!!

I 'll send personal request to Alvin and Gerson tomorrow on face book.
Keep hyping it !! great to see everyone posting!

I'm Hyyype!

banze

Smash Journeyman
Sounds fun ^^
Ho sorry i just that !

Alancitu you live in Lima right, are you thinking about coming?
I've joined the Tacna group on facebook but I'm still no able to post over there. I made a post on the Peru community but it seems like that place is kinda dead.
do you talk with Gerson and the others?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The brazilians are such homies

I mean I still gotta figure stuff out though

but it sounds tempting

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Actually not true. There was a thing on reddit offering a reward to anyone who could get proof of it and everyone failed. Anecdotes from people who saw the price go down coincidentally started an urban legend, is all.
Good to know. It's always nice to not sounds like an idiot and give misinformation to people, thanks

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
Ho sorry i just that !

Alancitu you live in Lima right, are you thinking about coming?
I've joined the Tacna group on facebook but I'm still no able to post over there. I made a post on the Peru community but it seems like that place is kinda dead.
do you talk with Gerson and the others?
GaLanCiTu doesn't talk to Tacna players just with Alvin, Tavo, some Arequipa players and whole Lima. GaLancitu doesn't know enough about this tourny but actually from what he's heard is that Jose (a kirby player from Lima) will go to Mexico to play Mariguas and participate in that tourney.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
GaLanCiTu doesn't talk to Tacna players just with Alvin, Tavo, some Arequipa players and whole Lima. GaLancitu doesn't know enough about this tourny but actually from what he's heard is that Jose (a kirby player from Lima) will go to Mexico to play Mariguas and participate in that tourney.
check your messages

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
You guys should gather everyone who intend to go and get plain tickets before gets too expensive =P

banze

Smash Journeyman
Banze, count me as confirmed ATTENDING. I've always wanted to go to BRAZIL so count me in!
Seriously!!

dude your are in them!
Tell me if you find flights and all. But search for visa first. I believe you need visa to come to the country

Talking to Peruvians right now.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
Seriously!!

dude your are in them!
Tell me if you find flights and all. But search for visa first. I believe you need visa to come to the country

Talking to Peruvians right now.

I will do that, thanks! I'm going to have my Brazilian friend help me next week apply for a visa (the website is in Portuguese). Hopefully more North Americans will attend also! And Peru!!

Top Bottom