• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Lake Open Results-6/21/14-Spring Lake MI

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Hello AJ here, running this tournament was quite the learning experience. I would safely say I underestimated the amount of time required/stress from running a tournament. I will do a lot of stuff different next time. Overall it was a lot of fun though. Hopefully I will be able to do it again next summer. Im very thankful to all the people that came out, 20 is not too bad of a turnout for how sketchy that warehouse looked. Ill add shoutouts later, I want to get this out as fast as possible so shibby will get off my ass.

Late Shutouts

Trail for coming and taking all of our money
Sounvabeach for helping me immensely and for lots of whining about being on blake's side of the bracket
Blake for holding down the west side
zbet for frequently yelling "give him the stif tip" everytime I play
@ BertEast BertEast ,our set in bracket was alot of fun. Your a damn good puff, MM next time I see you?
Oak for getting salty. Let the salt flow through your veins miles
Gengar for receiving the stif tip in pools
Labo for getting third in his pool and inverse shoutout for not showing up until like 1 pm and nearly screwing me
Squad and Squid, did you guys ever finish that Iron Man?
Baba and Psyther for giving me wins in bracket ;), but in all seriousness I am very happy to host the first tournament you've ever been to. Find me at Big House 4 we should play some friendlies.

Here are the results:

Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Trail
$120.00
2nd
Sonuvabeach
$60.00
3rd
Blake
$20.00
4th
Shibby
5th
Zbet
5th
Dark Louis
7th
Bert East
7th
Oak
9th
Gengar
9th
Ant
9th
NJA
13th
Labo
13th
Stif
13th
DeepCSquid
13th
GoonSquad
17th
Hammer
17th
Baba
17th
Psyther
17th
Rodohk

Doubles (7 Teams)
1: Blake+Beach ($49)
2: trail+nja ($21)
3: oak+zbet
4: Shibby+Cam
5: rodohk+louis
5: Ant+Hamer
7: baba+psyther

If somebody wants to walk me through posting the actual bracket image from Tio that would be awesome.

Last edited:

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Good work Stif. I got my shoutouts ready.
Shoutouts to Sonuvabeach for those 10+ friendlies. Learned a lot of stuff
Shoutouts to Shibby, for the matches we actually ended up playing
Shoutouts to Stif for hosting
Shoutouts to traffic for being late, so I couldn't enter doubles

Anyways, thanks to everyone for an awesome event! Glad I got to go to one, it is a rare occurrence when I can

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
GG's @ BertEast BertEast That MU is no fun. Definitely work on your rest setups - although I don't give the most opportunities
@ Stif Stif DL went Fox, zbet went Fox/Falco, Rodohk went Falco

Shoutouts to @ HoChiMinhTrail HoChiMinhTrail for coming through and snatching that first place. And nearly losing WF to Blake
Blake for being my partner and the homie who loses to me at the worst time >_<
zbet for leaving with blake before I could say bye
Miles for being a bum and quitting melee
DarkLouis for making the trek out and doin pretty well
Shibby for getting excited early and not beating me in losers
Stif for hosting a fun little tourny
NJA for improving and playin peach
Gengar for taking a game from me :O

Hope to see everyone at the next beach house...which might be sooner than anticipated!

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Yo. Here are my saltouts.

I'm done losing to you all. Especially SonuvaBeach (Edit: meaning I am winning from now on). In the words of Mickey Redmond, "Look out".

Those are all I can think of. Sorry if I forgot you.

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Stif: It was a fun, small-sized local tournament. We really don't get tourneys like these anymore in the midwest.
Rodohk: Thanks for being a good teams partner. We've got potential.
Shibby: 2-2. I'll be sure to break the tie in my favor next time we meet. ;)
NJA: Thanks for the extensive friendlies and Peach matchup experience. Close set in bracket.
Trail: Still good as always. MB-Smash says hi.
Cam: Good friendlies. Midland's stepping it up.
Oak: Our set could've gone either way. Too close.
Sonuvabeach: Congrats for taking a dollar from me again. Hope you place high at the next one!
Toileto: Y'all are lazy Johnlords when I can finally go to a tournament, even though I'm one of you.

I'll be practicing for real this time. Until next time, MI.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Great job hosting Stif, this was really chill, next time lets fire up that grill.

Josh: GGs in finals, you have what it takes to start playing at that next level, for you I think it's all mentality and patience that you need to continue to develop.

Blake: What can I say man, you are insanely good for the short time-span that you've been playing seriously. You can definitely become one of the best in the Midwest if you continue to put in the work and have fun competing.

NJA: Good **** in teams, you have gotten a lot better since the last time we played. You were pretty much carrying me with that peach, we will have to team at the next tournament we are at.

Shibby: Man, that doc has made tremendous strides. Now you just need to stay patient and pick your openings more wisely. We will have to play more the next time we are at the same tourney so that we can continue to level you up. You are close man, you just have to have confidence.

Louis: Good seeing you man, thanks for making the drive up here.

Sawyer, Anthony, Etc.: Cool seeing all you god damn kids again, you guys have all improved a lot and you will be ****ting on me in this game soon enough.

I'm at work or I'd make a complete list of shoutouts, all and all good games and I look forward to playing all of you again.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
@ Stif Stif Just noticed the MM from your shoutouts. If I have money next time we meet, you can damn well bet(heh) it will happen. I'm so poor.

Top Bottom