• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Spire's Zelda Maps

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would like to share with you folks my 3D cartography. I love building worlds. Since 1998, I've wanted to expand upon Ocarina of Time's Hyrule. Now that I've finally learned my way around Sketchup, I've been working on maps. I will update this thread often, though I cannot promise any degree of frequency. I hope you enjoy my work!

—Sheikah Shrine

The Sheikah Shrine is carved in the façade of the highest mountain in the Snowpeak region. I will re-imagine the icy region from Twilight Princess as I see fit for insertion into Ocarina of Time's world. This is an ancient Sheikah temple built high above Hyrule, its watchful eye gazes upon the land below. What awaits within the Sheikah Shrine? Contrary to its climate, this will not be an "Ice Temple". I have plans for the interior that I'm eager to begin work on so I will keep you folks posted!

—Rainwind Jungle

Here is my newest effort. Once in-game, expect an endless thunderstorm to plague the forest. Trying out more naturalistic formations rather than architectural (though you can expect to see some temple ruins later). I'm heavily inspired by the Flooded Forest from Monster Hunter 3. I more or less want to remake that as filtered through my imagination. While it is incredibly young and far from what I want, I'm really happy with how the tropical forest texture turned out. It's the only texture not made from pre-existing OoT files, and yet it seems to fit right in. Custom made. I'll definitely use it more often.

Stay tuned for more!

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's too bad the URA Zelda thing isn't happening

No it's not. I'm at a point now that I'm happy Ura fell apart. It was holding a lot of peoples' potential back, with Zeth's reign intimidating others to pursue their dreams and create new content. Ura had high hopes, too high even. It fell apart and now people are working on a lot of great stuff. Had Ura never dissolved, I might not be making my own content. The spirit of Ura lives on in the people.

Thanatos-Zero

Smash Rookie
Fufufu... I love what I see (the textures could be improved though). Keep it going Spire, I will let the new URA team know of this thread of yours.

By the way, do you like the monologs of Raziel from Legacy of Kain?
Here a example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCihkGvpC0

They would make URA Zelda alot more atmospheric. Don't you think?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Fufufu... I love what I see (the textures could be improved though). Keep it going Spire, I will let the new URA team know of this thread of yours.

By the way, do you like the monologs of Raziel from Legacy of Kain?
Here a example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCihkGvpC0

They would make URA Zelda alot more atmospheric. Don't you think?
Dude, since you said this (and sorry to get back so late), I found my old copy of Soul Reaver, been playing it and immersing myself in that aesthetic. I really love it. You can expect some Soul Reaver-inspired work in the future ;)

And to answer your question, I've never considered that because I think Hylian when vocalized sounds like no real-world language, but that could be interesting. If Nintendo won't do it, some fans with good voice acting (kinda hard to come by) could pull it off and make it work.

I'd love to see voice-acted Zelda, but again, with an invented spoken language. That way the text would be subtitles!

finalark

SNORLAX
I have no idea what this URA thing is or what it tastes like, but I'm glad it fell apart if it means Spire makes something as awesome at those maps.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So will there every be any sort of URA Zelda type game?
There are many OoT mods being worked on right now, some much larger than others. As far as scope goes, I guess you could say there are "Ura Zelda type games" being made, but aside from the one Thanatos-Zero has pointed out, they aren't trying to resurrect Ura. There's one called Project Antiqua that aims to create (using OoT) an ancient look at Termina via importing MM content. As far as I'm concerned, Ura is dead. My interests lie elsewhere.

Glad you enjoy the maps finalark!

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Well as long as someone somewhere is still working on mods I'm okay that Ura died.
And that Project Antiqua sounds cool.

Top Bottom