• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spartan Stadium Arcadian Results [East Lansing, MI] - feat. Rayquaza07, Butch G, Blake, and Soul!

2Shadez

Smash Cadet
Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 1.58.30 PM.png

Spartan Stadium Arcadian
Results Thread
April 12, 2014
East Lansing, MI
My favorite tournament of my smash career, even if I did poor. Arcadians are super hype, a bi-annual series is in the works! Thanks to who made this the hypest tournament I've ever been to!

Shoutouts (sorry if i miss you)

Juggleguy: For training me as a TO and making sure that I would be ready to host this event, for helping to run part of bracket, and for letting us use UMSmash's twitch channel (and some fun friendlies)
SonuvaBeach: For making the march madness bracket pool, devoting his whole day towards bracket, and for all the advertising and hype generating before tourney day
Sloppie Joe: for being a huge help all day and closing out the tourney
401k: for making stream possible
Abe: for making registration go the best ive ever seen
CTL: for helping to run the bracket
XP: for helping all dayRayquaza07: for not giving a **** and winning it for MSU
All the pools captains
All the PR players and trail who came for the hype and to play friendlies and teach
Duck: i allow pr players to one event and he takes it XD

EDIT: shoutout to warchamp7 for making this results thread possible

Spartan Stadium Arcadian Melee Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
RayQuaza
$192.00
2nd
Butch G
$96.00
3rd
Blake
$32.00
5th
Skigh
5th
Ginger
7th
TM
7th
kinglit
9th
Hellsing
9th
KingMiles
9th
General Heinz
9th
Zbet
13th
Shibby
13th
BuddyJoker
13th
Haunter
13th
HoneyBaked
17th
17th
2shadez
17th
Tran
17th
NJA
17th
Severest
17th
Fzk
17th
ChickenChaser
25th
Ant
25th
Sayac
25th
Xp
25th
skraaaaa
25th
LuigiMasterTae
25th
2ndwin
25th
Turbo

*Pools Cutoff*
33: DEEPCsquid
33: game
33:JC
33:Frolo
33:Lunesa
33: Paper
33:stif
33:100%
41: DA| APASHER
41:D+++
41:Dan The Man
41:Maitland
41:SloppieJoe
41: Pachy
41:RodoHK
41:habits
49: Laserpants
49:SHF
49:Cat

*Melee Doubles*
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/ssadubz

1. Soul & Hellsing
2. TM & Rayquaza07
3. CTL & Jono
4. NJA & Ginger
5. Kinglit & ButchG
KingMiles & Severest
7. 2Shadez & Honeybaked
Skigh & LuigiMasterTae
9. 401k & XP
Shibby & Game
Skraaaaaaaaa & D++
Toph & Ant
13. 2ndWin & Lunesa
CAM & JC
Sloppie Joe & Stif

*Smash64 Side Event*
http://michigansmash.challonge.com/ssa64

1. Duck
2. Jono
3. CAM
4. ButchG
5. ChickenChaser
RodoHK
7. 2Shadez
8. Shibby

Last edited:

CTL17

Smash Lord
I wish you made a more complete results thread. No mention of 64 or doubles?

Edit: Yay.

Last edited:

Haunter

Smash Rookie
Woo! Since this is my first time making it into bracket, I finally feel I've earned the right to do some shoutouts.

TO staff and pools captains of course: For making the tourney possible. Without you guys I wouldn't be improving.
Blake and Brayden: You guys are the Peanut Butter to Holland's Jelly. You bring the Spacies, we bring the floaties. Nice job guys, let's keep practicing so we can beat the east side and win some tournaments!
Hellsing: Every tournament I see you at, I pick up something new about Marth. Someday I'll take a set off you, look out man haha.
2Shadez: Good games man. One of these tourneys we're gonna have to MM.
General Heinz: You're always a fun person to hang out with, good to see you again. We actually need to play some matches! And good job winning that MM against Kinglet for me.
JC: Our set was hella close man. Hope to see you at future tournaments, we should probably MM.
And a final shoutout to everyone else that I beat: You guys are great, thank you for helping me see that my hard work is paying off. I hope to see you in the future, and bring your friends, so I can beat them too.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
yeah well i have to play him like every week anyway lol in any case

shoutouts to 2shadez for running a solid tourney
shoutouts to beach for helping make really good pools and imo a highly balanced bracket
shoutouts to ray for making all the up-and-comers look free at his first real mi melee tourney
shoutouts to tm and kinglit for making me look free, which i assure you will not happen a second time :p
shoutouts to zbet for being a punk who's always fun to hang with, as well as dealing with my post-loss salt
shoutouts to blake for showing up and proving what we all already knew in kzoo, as well as doing some hype commentary with me
shoutouts to ginger for scratching at that glass ceiling--you'll shatter it soon enough man, no worries
shoutouts to baby blue aka 401k aka whorelocker for being the homey and kicking it with me throughout the day, always good to see you
shoutouts to all the random not-so-scrubby spacies i had to play nearly every round for making me work for my dinner

and shoutouts to me for being garbage at this game :D if this arcadian ever happens again i swear to douglas j. falcon above you will all bathe in the blood of a thousand lambs, sacrificed so that i might show my true power as heir to the stubborn falcon main throne of michigan melee

or at the very least i'll settle for being snuggle's towel boy

Last edited:

T r a n

Smash Cadet
Wassup guys, finally made an account because why not, lol.

Shoutouts to:

Blake and Zbet: You guys wrecked me in bracket. Hopefully next time I'll put up a better fight against the kzoo crew. Congrats to Blake for getting 3rd as well.

401k: Our bracket match was good dude, friendlies with you was fun too, you're a cool guy.

2hadez: Good job hosting man.

Hellsing: Dude, you bodied me on stream, my fox isn't ready yet I guess, haha. You always give advice to me, so I'm happy about that at least.

Toph: Our pools set was pretty intense man, I really thought you had me. Too bad you had that SD at the end, I might've dropped my edgeguard.

LuigiMasterTae: Good stuff making it into bracket dude, your low/mid tiers always surprise me.

XP: Our pools match was pretty close, the advice RyeJew gave you for fox dittos was good, I was the one playing a little aggresive, haha, I think I just capitalized more in our set.

Pools players: Fun stuff guys. All of you guys gave me a tough time. Can't remember all of your guys' tags, lol. I'm sorry, I'm terrible with names.

Everyone I didn't play: Sucks we didn't. I'll be heading to even more tournies once the semester is over though, so I'll be seeing you then.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
thanks tran lol they surprise me too they are so much fun lol and shout out to
my bro for placing 5th that Sammy sam people forgot that you played back when we played vidjo pyro and dark rain lol good stuff
and shout out to haunter for getting better lol only thing you fear now is my pichu lol
and def shout out to aj for awesome commentary he needs to be at evo lol
and shout out to zbet and blake always hype in their matches no matter what happends and good stuff to every one I played in pools was fun I always enjoy my self my favorite words of that day was duck vs my link duck (how do I fight this link what are you doing tae) my reply I do stuff lol

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts
Heinze- hype commentating and hanging out after. gentlemen hype
Gamero-nice tourney. and good time hanging out after.
Soul- ggs going back to back haha. neither of us play douchey so its really intense
hellsing-super close set. i know well have to play next tourney
butch g- ggs you broke my balls game 5. next time though
ray-i talked to you like 3 times in the bathroom for some reason haha. hopefully we get to play in tourney soon. i want a piece of that puff
zbet- driving up and playing was fun. i wanted you to take that set of the puff so bad haha. but next time.
avery- we almost had to play. good stuff getting HM. "kzoo/holland=peanutbutter/jelly"-haunter. west side story
tran- yo ggs in tourney. i felt like your fox could have easily spazzed and taken a set of my fox so i had to switch it up. ill make sure to play you next time i go to holland
ryan- good seeing you and playing some friendlies. i liked seeing you whip out the falco. and ggs vs heinze on stream
scotty- i didnt play you at the tourne but heard you were wreaking stufff
stif- good seeing you and hype commentary. i dont think we played at all though
sam- ggs in tourny. and thanks for hosting the after fest lol. Im gonna try to get better vs ics after that set. super intense.
maitland- good seeing you ggs in pools. hellsing will teach you how to **** with marth
tm- ggs in tourney. i wanted that revenge after our last set. if you ever need a fox to team with when 1der is away..... lol
miles- nice puff and fun kickin it after the tourney. some decent smashers out on foster haha
fzk- nice seeing you playing melee. hopefully i see you at either rudfest or rootfest. i heard you switched off lucas also
lmt- good seeing you man. i saw you start playing the falco on the live stream. hes a little stronger of a character than Young link or roy haha hype
skigh-ggs in tourney and good stuff gettin HM. i wouldnt mind teaming with the samus sometime.

tm

Smash Ace
shoutouts to planking
shoutouts to the wrong side of both brackets
somebody please teach these MI foxes the puff matchup

edit:
Betting on the bracket was a way cool side event and did a great job of getting others interested. Was very cool
Actual shoutouts later

Last edited:

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts and stuff!!
Ray- You've made me just about give up on retaking the lansing puff throne.
Butch G- Close set. I'll get you next time after I get some Severest peach training. Also, you bodied me on FD and I will never strike there vs Peach again lol.
Blake-Your a cool dude and it was fun chilling after the tourney, next time I hope to get to play you some more. Congrats on the PR spot.
Soul- You wrecked me in pools and then beat on my drunk puff after the tourney. Pretty sure I didnt take a game off you. Hope to see and play agaisnt you again soon. I'll be ready next time though.
Skigh- Stole my second seed by being a secret boss in pools. Good stuff though, you've gotten so much better since we played at action replay. Puff samus is a super weird mu but I'm gonna figure it out somehow.
Ginger- We played one friendly on the secondary stream but I watched a few of your matches (including you beating my boy Severest) and next tourney we should get some matches in. And you've beat me in doubles twice now I believe. Watch out though, me and Sev are gonna be a force in teams soon.
TM-Nice ganon. I'm beating that warlock next time for sure though.
Hellsing-I gotta start getting those goliath ice teas for tourneys too. Too smart. Lets get some friendlies in next tourney I'm garbage vs marth and need the practice.
Heinz-We're bad. Ninth at a Michigan arcadian is bad.
Zbet- It was awesome meeting you man. Really fun hanging out after the tourney and our matches in friendlies and bracket were super fun. Nothing but respect for that super aggro fox.
Shibby-Thanks for helping me get noticed a little bit by beating you! Doc puff is weird and I'm excited to play against you tomoro at RoM2 and get some practice in it. You seem like a real cool guy and I'm glad we're making it out tomoro to rep foster in midland.
401k- Gotta respect a man that mains falcon. It was fun playing you and thanks for helping ant out in deciding what recording setup is best.
2Shadez- Good job dude. Easily my favorite tourney to date. Foster crew and I are more than willing to help you set up or run any future events should you need our help. Plus relax a bit about smash and stop getting salty with the lansing community. Some people are gonna be more into it than others, but the interest is there we just gotta make it fun and hype. You need to let loose and join in on some of these crew battles and round robins man. It's a game, so enjoy it.
Severest-People don't even know how beast those icies are about to be. So ready for you me and ant to put foster crew on the map.
Chicken Chaser- Holy **** man you are getting good so fast. Keep playing with us and the other competent lansing smashers and that sheik is gonna get good as hell. So much potential. But, I have to admit I'm kinda mad I can't beat you in Sheik dittos anymore and that you can beat my farce of a falco every time now.
FzK- Thanks for coming over with jay the other night. From what I've seen your improving in melee really fast. To date I've only played you in PM and you successfully made me realize how garbage I am at that game. Lets play some melee friendlies soon man.
Ant- Your so much better than what you've shown in tourney so far. Once you show what your capble of you are gonna start destroying kids and I'm gonna love every second of it.
Xp- Nice friendlies man. After our set at sweet I realized I needed to get better in that mu and I've gotten way better at the fox matchup in the last few weeks. Always happy to give you puff practice and work on my game vs that fox.
EveryBadCharacterMasterTae- PICK A MAIN!!!! And preferably a real character lol. You already are good but you could be so much better. That falco has some serious promise, Also you could really do some damage if you went straight luigi. Plus you need to come to foster and smash sometime. Us lansing kids gotta stick together and train.
Turbo- Second straight tourney in the same pool. Good stuff though. I'm pretty comfortable vs sheik cause of that sonuvabeach training. Plus thanks for the cheap beer advice!
Stif- I've enjoyed hanging out and smashing with you lately, your a cool kid. But seriously, your good enough to make bracket you need to make that happen. And my kirby scraped you in that money match. No yoshi sticker for you.
Free++- You're eventually gonna have to come out to foster and stop flaking. You also gotta start showing people what your all about, cause your a lot better than your 33rd showing at the arcadian. Keep at it man, your easily one of the most promising msu players. You're probably the best lansing marth, which is 80% of the community, vs puff right now.
100%-Your a solid player man just keep at it!!
SloppieJoe- Thanks for coming over and smashing the other night and for getting it done on my crew at the meeting. Your a solid player and even though you hate playing against puff we should hangout and play sometime soothat n!
Sonuvabeach- Josh you're a scrub, but thanks for keeping at bugging me to come back cause I'm super glad I did. Plus, in the future when I wreck you in tourney I'll mock you for all of eternity. Come to foster soon too, you gotta watch my matches on stream with me and tell me how bad I am and what I need to do better. Also, your a **** for picking me to lose in the first round.
Juggleguy- You do so much for the community and its very appreciated. You beat me in bracket at sweet but I'm coming for that falcon. Next time I see you I want money matches vs jugglefox and your falcon, but maybe just a dollar for each cause your good lol.
Other kids in my pool- Keep at it this game takes time to get good at but it is more than worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom