• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Florida Smashers Get Into A Car Crash And Need Assistance!

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin

While most Smashers are going to be attending or watching CEO, a terrible accident befell a group of members in our community set to attend said event. After crashing their car into a tree, 3 out of the 4 Smashers involved in the accident are currently in the hospital and need support.

Based on info from other Smashers and True Blue, these were the people involved:
Leonardo Libo (Leo Heart) - Leo was the driver of the car. While he was wearing a seat belt, he took the brunt of the impact and has fractured his back. He has several stitches at the moment and requires surgery. He is at risk of getting paralyzed.
Luis Pinto (Luis The Panda) - Luis has a broken and dislocated hip and some other internal injuries. He is undergoing surgery.

Kevin Ochoa - Kevin has a back injury and is also undergoing surgery. He is also at risk of getting paralyzed.

All 3 of the above will require physical therapy.

True Blue - Blue was in the front passenger seat and was the only one that wore a seatbelt other than Leo. While he has some cuts and bruises, he is relatively fine and will still be attending CEO.

Any support towards these Smashers is greatly appreciated. Thanks to Sky Williams, they reached their original goal but still need more funds towards surgery, car replacements and other miscellaneous costs. To donate, you can go to their GoFundMe.

Popipenguin is seriously worried for his fellow Smashers. He urges you to help them in some way, whether it be through kind words or monetary support.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Damn. They should've been wearing seat belts, but damn.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Rest well, fight the pain, and most of all, GET WELL SOON. Your fellow smasher's will have you in our minds.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I hope they are okay! Get Well!

Meta1

Smash Rookie
A tree huh?
Was this the work of our infamous animal crossing buddy?

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
I wish I had more to give, but this is coming out of my food money.
I hope these guys get better soon.
gofundme.png

also, new car crash johns confirmed

Arrogant Commander

Banned via Administration
i fee, bad, but people are only donating because they're smashers. if starving kids in africa could wavedash, people would donate a lot more

Kanvas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1315-1561
:4villager:, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??
We're taking your watering can away from you, consider this your nerf.

Still, I hope they all come back well with nothing major.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Fellow players are in the hospital, one of them potentially more damaged mentally knowing that he's the only one still attending CEO, and I see cynicism...

I don't know what more depressing.

Last edited:

Diagonal_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YayConformity
3DS FC
5069-4015-5843
Wow. This is outrageous.

It's an amazing and beautiful thing that the smash community is willing to fund their surgeries.

HOWEVER they are CLEARLY trying to milk the community for all they can get... "car replacements and other miscellaneous costs"

They took advantage of the sympathy we feel for people who we can relate to. If you donated to them, then you did so because you worried for their LIVES!

Car expenses though? Say they didn't get hurt, and this thread was titled "Help fellow smashers pay for car crash expenses!" Would you donate?

Clearly they weren't being responsible. For the most part, they weren't even wearing seat-belts. People donated for their surgeries because it was crucial. Should you really be paying for their car expenses, smasher or not?

Makes me angry, watching people take a beautiful thing, and just ruin it...

Last edited:

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
This is horrible, i do hope that Leo doesn't end up becoming paralyzed
Hang in there guys

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
You guys have my support and I'll spread the word in my group.

Get well guys and we'll see you Smashing in due time.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Oh jeez! That's awful... We hope to see you Smashing soon! I can't donate for many reasons, but I really, really wish I could.

Top Bottom