• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Socal Brawl Power Rankings - (February 3, 2010 - May 1, 2010) UPDATED

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
socal isn't suffering that bad... we lost palmdale, fiction, and tkd's metaknight, pretty bad loses but socal has good players coming around commander beef, brent, stauffy, cammaman, m7h, inspire, itswillyo, we have talented players that are not ranked
Ah...I didn't think anybody thought I was really that good! Thanks bro. You should be coming to more too! I think I'm alrught....

can I be on the power rankings now? :)
Can i be part of the power rankings now? :)
I love combining quotes like this...you're pretty funny, ma boy X.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Do you guys think players should be penalized for throwing sets on purpose in order to gain a higher placing?

For example: tyrant always throwing winners finals whenever him and dsf meet, to guarantee top 2 for them.

They're my friends and all, but i still think it's really gay when i see players who could potentially do better and instead get gayed because somebody didn't want to play a match.

and it ****s up rankings

Like, in theory, dsf beats tyrant at least once every week, right? So would he be above larry who has beat tyrant 2 or 3 times?

ps dont get butt hurt, it's nothing personal

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Do you guys think players should be penalized for throwing sets on purpose in order to gain a higher placing?

For example: tyrant always throwing winners finals whenever him and dsf meet, to guarantee top 2 for them.

They're my friends and all, but i still think it's really gay when i see players who could potentially do better and instead get gayed because somebody didn't want to play a match.

and it ****s up rankings

Like, in theory, dsf beats tyrant at least once every week, right? So would he be above larry who has beat tyrant 2 or 3 times?

No, I don't think they should be penalized, but if it's known for a fact that one player is intentionally throwing a game, you should probably just disregard that result.

It kind of sucks, but it's a good strategy.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr

I take it personal, I beat Tyrant 7 times

Charoo

Smash Champion

and it ****s up rankings

one of the solution to stop this from happening is to force them to play before they know who they're playing in losers. That way, they can't decide who should go to losers.

I know a lot of people r upset with what happen at WGF and other past tourneys but there's no rules against it... yet.

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
will mikehaze drop i haven't seen him do anything truly amazing for a while

pockyD

Smash Legend

and it ****s up rankings

that depends what the purpose of the rankings is

if it's meant to be a ladder and be something consequential, then they should probably be punished

if it's just meant to be a judge of perceived skill for the rest of the community/country to see (which it probably is), then I don't think they should be 'punished'

TKD

Smash Lord
will mikehaze drop i haven't seen him do anything truly amazing for a while
OF COURSE NOT. MikeHAZE has been ranked FOREVER. He wouldn't be dropped below lesser players just because of sandbagging/doing poorly a bit, unless SoCal has bad panelists.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey soul sister, ain't the Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!

also, i love TKD. such a great guy :D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Champ if you could do me the favor of putting this up on the main page:

SoCal Ranking Splitting and Forfeiting rule (that will take place from now on) :

#1 Forfeiting a game in tournament to a player to better your chances of winning money with said player, will count against both of your positions on the rankings or opportunities to get ranked. More so than a loss.

#2 Should players split in Grand Finals, whoever decides to take 1st place will be considered as winning the tournament.

These two simple little rules protects the integrity and performances of the higher players and ensures a more accurate ranking

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You cannot throw matches, panelists will be watching.

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
good job fixing the splitting rule tourneys will be more climatic :)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Larry became the Champion
DSF from the NorCal region joins the elite four
Tyrant is now the final Elite Four
Havok moved down a spot
Mikehaze moved down three spot
Richbrown moved up one spot to become the final gym leader
Dao moved down two spots
Newcomer Tearbear took over the gym for AC at 8th
Futile returns from vacation and took back his gym leader position at 9th
Mojoe moved down 4 spots to be the first gym leader at 10th

4/10 are Metaknight
the lowest rank char. is Olimar
8 out of the chars. are S tier
2 is A tier

to any1 that got in, good stuff

to any1 that didn't, step it up

to any1 else, merry christmas

___X___

Smash Lord
wait, so i didn't make it in? even though i beat mikehaze, mojo, tearbear and futile? and i always made top 10 at every tourney.... SAD FACEEEEEEEE :(

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
x should be on......... that's kinda dumb that he isn't on there, and he is going to more tourneys *sad face* and honestly x gives me hope about brawl, he places with sonic... and shows what someone can do without a char who isn't even B tier, and he showed more consistency than futile and beat more ranked players...

Charoo

Smash Champion
i just make the pretty pictures ... gotta talk to the panelist about that. Hopefully they response to u guys

D

Deleted member

Obviously X didnt make it cuz he doesnt live here.
Not skill.
He should be like an honorable mention or something.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Might as well extend this to top 13.

That way you'll have 8 gym leaders like you're suppose to haha. And put X on, he's a Sonic lol.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
If things continue to go the way they have been lately, will extend the list to top 15 easily next period.

As for X, the panel decided to exclude you because we don't know how long you'll continue to play in SoCal, we've all heard different stories about your last tournament might be next week. If you would like to clarify anything with us, just contact any one of he panel members. But definitely made it on the list though.

As for out of region players, they can be ranked as long as they know they'll continously compete in the region. (VIA dsf in CenCal or the Tijuanese players)

CPU has left the panel and Nezumi will take his spot from here on out. She is the most experienced panelist afterall.

Congratulations to DEHF for being the new SoCal #1 after being in the grasp of tyrant for a while. Very close though.

TlocCPU

Smash Apprentice
Champ: "Step it up son"
Good graphic btw

Good job everyone thanks for making socal strong again before I left.
This is the most solid ten we have seen in over a year

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah, there's a major difference between living in CenCal directly above us or TJ directly below us, and living in an entirely different state lol

Charoo

Smash Champion
what's the link to aib page? So I can put it in the front page

to any1 not knowing who's who

Larry - Ash - secret champion
Tyrant - Gary - elite four champ
DSF - Lance - elite four champ in g/s and final elite four in r/b
Havok - Bruno - elite four
MikeHaze - Koga - gym leader in r/b, elite four in g/s
Will - richbrown - elite four in g/s
Giovanni - Dao - gym leader in r/b
Blaine - tearbear - gym leader in kanto