• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So the new SAAAWWWNACK stage...

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
If the Windy Hill theme song doesn't get into Sm4sh, I'm throwing my Sonic Plushie at the wall, ALONG with my soda.

GET TO IT, SAKURAI! :glare:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
If the Windy Hill theme song doesn't get into Sm4sh, I'm throwing my Sonic Plushie at the wall, ALONG with my soda.

GET TO IT, SAKURAI! :glare:
Geez, people are so often so mean to Sakurai...! He's probably the one who made the ultimate decision to bring Sonic and the Lost World stage and plenty of other great things about the game! Megaman and stuff! I don't mean to nag or scold but I just see so much "Sakurai better add _____! Get to work!" when he already works so hard pretty much every day XD I dunno why Im even talking bleh

For the sawnick stage add some of the awesome music I mentioned and some more sawnick friends in the back would be cool. Tails has a plane he could fly by in, right?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
...I was...kidding...D:

*hides in cardboard box*
Ah sorry I was speaking in general XD its something I wanted to say but either always forgot to or didnt know where. Didnt mean to attack ya, ya just reminded me of the thing XD And while I ramble about people being mean to Sakurai I can sort of let it pass just cause of how much of a jerk Sakurai can be sometimes with these updates. Like "Wow, its the 100th pic! LUIGIS NOSE" so...what am I talking about again? You can see I just like to ramble!
Sorry for makin ya feel bad!

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
As long as it has the amazing final boss theme from Lost Word I couldn't give less of a **** what else gets in

Desert Ruins Zone 2 would be nice tho

SonicMario

Smash Master
It'd be kinda funny if this was one of the songs for this level

Hint: The name of the song is also called Windy Hill even though it's for a level called Windy Valley

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Windy Valley? I could have sworn that music played in the hub world ._.

Also new music want

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
I love how they balanced this out, (for as far as we can see of course).

The little bump in GHZ made it a very home-turf arena for a couple characters, sonic included... if it weren't for the the breakable blocks. This breakable terrain makes it so rolling/dashing characters wouldn't have an unfair advantage, but the problem lies in how the game treated it. Instead of letting other players force the roller upwards, they force it themselves by punishing you for doing the exact thing the game asks you to do: punch things.This heavily interrupted the flow of the map in a rather jarring way.

It seems like the rectified this in Windy Hill. Instead of getting rid of the iconic wavy floor, they gave it some elevation. Both types of characters can have their fun and force each other to join up, instead of the game forcing them. It also helps the map is far bigger, which will be loads of fun to run around on.

Also, I genuinely wouldn't mind seeing the lampposts return. The previous level was too small for them (especially with breakable terrain as well), but they'd be avoidable enough in this instance.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
....THIS IS A POST ABOUT SONIC.

I'd like it if they included a City Escape stage too. :D

WHO'S WITH ME. :awesome:
City Escape? I guess I can side with you on that, provided it's the Classic version from Generations.

I want Endless Possibilities. I see Reach for the Stars having a much better chance of being put in the game though.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I think that it has walk off edges as well, but I'm not sold on it being banned yet. The only reason walk offs were banned in melee was because of wave shining fox dominating there, making any walk off stage an insta-win. It was the same for DeDeDe in brawl with his down throw shuffling half the cast to their deaths. So long as that move characteristic doesn't make it into Smash 4, walk offs won't be such a huge issue. Likelihood of this happening though, probably not >_>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what do people think they should do for a 3DS Sonic stage? Go with a different Lost World level, or pick something from the backlog?

I personally would like a stage from one of the Rush games. Water Palace or Pirate's Island would be nice.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Here's the stage, which I have spliced together.
Good work. A scrolling stage DOES make sense for a Sonic-themed level, but scrolling stage generally means it never gets played...

So what do people think they should do for a 3DS Sonic stage? Go with a different Lost World level, or pick something from the backlog?

I personally would like a stage from one of the Rush games. Water Palace or Pirate's Island would be nice.
SO MUCH YES. I think that would be awesome, I could see Rush or Rush Adventure fitting in nicely.

Top Bottom