• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snarky Princess of the Twilight Realm-- Vote Midna for DLC! (Assist Trophy for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm ecstatic that she's actually an assist!
I think it's funny how they're choosing pre-Brawl characters as assist though.
Midna and Skull Kid haven't been in a Zelda game since Twilight Princess.
I really hope her assist and the Zelda characters models mean something for Zelda U.
If it does, she'll be a great candidate for SSB5.
And I also hope for a Majoras Mask remake on both consoles.
But a Twilight Princess sequel... I want that more than I wanted Midna in Smash Bros.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I didn't have my hopes set too high for Midna in the first place. However, I look forward to seeing her in game, even if it is an assist trophy. Sequel to Twilight Princess would be awesome, and if that happened, we may get Midna (or Midna wannabe) for SSB5 if it does well enough..

Shame to see Midna confirmed as an assist, because there was obviously more unique potential in characters like Toon Link. She looks real good, at least.

View attachment 11712
Oh yeah, Toon Link has potential. They'll probably never use it though. Would be nice to be surprised though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Her and Dark Samus made me so happy. This is a win.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yes, Dark Samus's model looks great!
But I don't think Midna's model is finished yet.
I think they might fix it up.
But Midna and Dark Samus were definitely 2 I weren't expecting.
I like the new pictures released of both of them.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yea, it was nice to just be able to see her fighting the other characters...
Besides... if you can change the frequency of stages, items, and songs... why not assists?
I'd love to do Zelda character battles like Zelda vs Sheik where Midna and Skull Kid are the only Assist Trophies turned on :p

I was worried she might not be there at all. So I'm happy.
And I'm looking forward to taking pictures of her assist :)

Arteen

Smash Lord
She looks like a fun assist trophy. I didn't expect her to be a fighter, so I'm glad she still gets a prominent appearance.

Smady

Smash Master
Honestly seems to be one of the best new assist trophies. Shame she's not playable, but this will do.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I love how, just like Waluigi, they were able to portray Midna's personality in her assist trophy.
That over-confident smirk and arms crossed, I love it.

Edit: just leaving this here for future use:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
This thread needs to brought to attention.
Now that Mewtwo has revived speculation and confirmed DLC, we should start supporting Midna & Wolf Link as a tag team!
Yes!
I'd been wanting to post a bunch of Hyrule Warriors gifs here! I never updated on her Hyrule Warriors appearance because she was already an assist, but now I'm definitely gonna get this all put together!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes!
I'd been wanting to post a bunch of Hyrule Warriors gifs here! I never updated on her Hyrule Warriors appearance because she was already an assist, but now I'm definitely gonna get this all put together!
Good, good.
Well, now that all these threads are back, I think we still have a chance.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Due to the Toon Link deal (Though assist trophy instead of a background character), and DLC, pretty much everyone still has the same chance to get in as they did before the 3DS roster was known. While I do not think Midna has a good chance to get in, she still does have a chance. I just wanna say good luck.

Even if she doesn't get in SSB4, at least she is playable in Hyrule Warriors and looks awesome in that game. :bubblebobble:

Banette

Smash Cadet
When Nintendo asked us to please vote for characters we'd want to see as playable fighters in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, Midna was the very first character to cross my mind, and the same turned out to go for my roommates coincidentally. All in all it surprises me that this thread turns out to be so inactive, when many less obvious characters receive tremendous support still.

Alas, hi all, I am not normally one to post in speculation threads, but I for one cannot help but feel that the Zelda franchise is poorly represented in Super Smash Bros. as of now, the game only starring the three traditional wielders of the pieces of the Triforce. I agree completely with the reasoning in the opening post that tries to show how Midna is quite possibly the very best choice for a member of Zelda's supporting cast to join the fight, and my, what a lovely personality she sports in her game. Are there others that will at least try to let mr. Sakurai know how much Midna's inclusion would mean to us, use our new option of requesting her as a playable character in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot to make our voices heard?

Sure Midna is an assist trophy now, but that is only one of her forms, so that is still a tiny spark of hope we can hold on to :200:

camarosquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
camarosquid
I voted for Midna on the ballot even though she's an assist trophy. She really was the first character to come to my mind when voting on that ballot. Midna is a character that means a lot to me and she is easily the most beloved Zelda character in the series so she really does deserve a shot at being in Smash Bros. The potential for her moveset is just so varied that she would make an amazing character. If you are a fan of Midna I highly suggest you vote for her because if any Zelda character deserves to be in Smash Bros it's her.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Midna on the ballot even though she's an assist trophy. She really was the first character to come to my mind when voting on that ballot. Midna is a character that means a lot to me and she is easily the most beloved Zelda character in the series so she really does deserve a shot at being in Smash Bros. The potential for her moveset is just so varied that she would make an amazing character. If you are a fan of Midna I highly suggest you vote for her because if any Zelda character deserves to be in Smash Bros it's her.
I concur

andimidna

Smash Master
Ok, I'm gonna finally fix this up rn
tbh when Mewtwo was announced I really didn't believe in getting any more than him to even consider an assist... but with this Lucas hype and ballot, yea I'm sold Midna needs to be put back into consideration
I never stopped thinking of possible movesets for her, and with Hyrule Warriors, cleaning up that section should not be hard.
And then after that I'll send it to Nintendo as my ballot vote c:

And wow look at how time flies
1 more week and it will have been a year since she was shown as an assist
These posts are awesome btw guys

Edit: *midna yawn* oops didn't finish
Oh well I should have time this weekend

Last edited:

camarosquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
camarosquid
Yay! I really hope she get's in but I'm pretty skeptical. I encourage everyone who loves Legend of Zelda to vote for her. She's the only Zelda character that REALLY really deserves to be in Smash Bros. I feel like I'm bumping this thread for no good reason but hey. I just want to make sure people get their votes in for her.

But what do you people think? Do you think her being an assist trophy hinders her chances of getting in? I really hope not because all the cool characters are assist trophies, examples being Dark Samus, Takamaru, Skull Kid, etc. Not to mention not many people use items to begin with! They could patch the game so she isn't an assist trophy if they really wanted to. Anyways that's my two cents. By the way does anybody know where I can help spread the word to help get more votes for Midna? If you could redirect me to a place that would be fantastic!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My only vote for the ballot goes to Midna & Wolf Link as well.
Or the phantom wolf. But I would prefer her riding Wolf Link since he actually attacks and has personality.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yay! I really hope she get's in but I'm pretty skeptical. I encourage everyone who loves Legend of Zelda to vote for her. She's the only Zelda character that REALLY really deserves to be in Smash Bros. I feel like I'm bumping this thread for no good reason but hey. I just want to make sure people get their votes in for her.

But what do you people think? Do you think her being an assist trophy hinders her chances of getting in? I really hope not because all the cool characters are assist trophies, examples being Dark Samus, Takamaru, Skull Kid, etc. Not to mention not many people use items to begin with! They could patch the game so she isn't an assist trophy if they really wanted to. Anyways that's my two cents. By the way does anybody know where I can help spread the word to help get more votes for Midna? If you could redirect me to a place that would be fantastic!
In my opinion, you guys and the Saki crowd are truly lucky for being unlocked since the other Assist Tropics weren't so lucky since they had more hype to them. Since I do enjoy her playstyle in Hyrule Warriors as well as her role in Twilight princess, I'll cast my vote in a bit (Especially since she's more popular than Impa at this point). ;)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Midna wasn't an Assist Trophy I feel like she would be in the top 15.
As if stands, she is only behind Skull Kid for Zelda characters, and it admittedly pleases me to see that she's above Impa (AKA every other option is an AT) despite being an AT.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In my opinion, you guys and the Saki crowd are truly lucky for being unlocked since the other Assist Tropics weren't so lucky since they had more hype to them. Since I do enjoy her playstyle in Hyrule Warriors as well as her role in Twilight princess, I'll cast my vote in a bit (Especially since she's more popular than Impa at this point). ;)
These shouldn't be open actually...

My apologies people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom