• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snarky Princess of the Twilight Realm-- Vote Midna for DLC! (Assist Trophy for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groose

Smash Champion
Hooray! Now if only @ Groose Groose would add us and KeniththGatherer to the support list...
I'll try to get to it tonight. I'm not on a computer right now, so I don't have that power.

As for the petition, I had removed it when I renovated the OP--it's a bit late to be forming petitions, especially when they only have 100 or so signatures.

I expect I'll be getting more involved with this thread this weekend.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Boy I'd be so dang happy if they put in Midna. She's one of the most entertaining zelda characters ever written. Mischief is fun.

andimidna

Smash Master

Another one bites the dust.

Skull Kid, Phantom Zelda, Navi, Saria, Koume, and Kotake are all deconfirmed to take the 5th Zelda slot.

So who will it be? The choices are reduced yet again...

upload_2014-3-3_4-6-41.jpeg

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I support Midna. Though I am very curious to see how she comes into the game.

In a perfect world I'd prefer Wolf Link to be a separate character because Midna and Wolf Link do things differently.
However, I have a feeling they'd be put together due to the fact that you almost always see them together. Besides, having both of them taking up two character slots might be asking too much. I'll just have to settle with Wulf McDonald for now.

Midna has one of my favorite personalities in games (well, except after she starts moping all about when Zelda sacrificed herself, then she becomes more boring like Zelda. Did Zelda's personality fuse with Midna or something?). She's also the favorite for a lot of my closer friends when it comes to the zelda series as well.
While it won't help her get in, It'll spice up the female roster a bit (which I don't care about really, but I know plenty of people that care about genders.). It's nice to play something other than super girly like Peach, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, and Zelda. Or a girl with a purposefully masculine design like Samus's suit, and Sheik. Or Zero Suit Samus's design that looks like she belongs on some 18+ advertisement, which we've seen for every female character in every non-nintendo game ever.

I do hope she does not get in as her Princess form though. That would be awkward for many reasons, mainly because it's not as iconic and it's spoilerish.

Glancing at the moveset and it saying "Lightweight, slow, but powerful" I just think of Mewtwo in Melee, or Zelda (which I never see anyone use because of Sheik). I like the idea of her having a couple super fast attacks, but mostly slowish and powerful attacks. We'll just have to see how it's handled.

As for other Zelda characters I want (since other people were talking about it), Vaati seems to be too far under the radar for most people, even for my friends that love playing zelda games a lot. Zant sounds fun, but I dunno whether they'd do his controlled personality, or his crazy personality (I still don't like that random plot-twist and sudden change in character). Inb4 Zant has controlled attacks under 100%, but more unpredictable after 100%. Whatever the case is. Midna is more likely than either of these characters at this point due to how popular Twilight Princess got.

andimidna

Smash Master

In a perfect world I'd prefer Wolf Link to be a separate character because Midna and Wolf Link do things differently.
However, I have a feeling they'd be put together due to the fact that you almost always see them together. Besides, having both of them taking up two character slots might be asking too much. I'll just have to settle with Wulf McDonald for now.

Midna has one of my favorite personalities in games (well, except after she starts moping all about when Zelda sacrificed herself, then she becomes more boring like Zelda. Did Zelda's personality fuse with Midna or something?). She's also the favorite for a lot of my closer friends when it comes to the zelda series as well.
While it won't help her get in, It'll spice up the female roster a bit (which I don't care about really, but I know plenty of people that care about genders.). It's nice to play something other than super girly like Peach, Jigglypuff, Rosalina, and Zelda. Or a girl with a purposefully masculine design like Samus's suit, and Sheik. Or Zero Suit Samus's design that looks like she belongs on some 18+ advertisement, which we've seen for every female character in every non-nintendo game ever.

I do hope she does not get in as her Princess form though. That would be awkward for many reasons, mainly because it's not as iconic and it's spoilerish.

Glancing at the moveset and it saying "Lightweight, slow, but powerful" I just think of Mewtwo in Melee, or Zelda (which I never see anyone use because of Sheik). I like the idea of her having a couple super fast attacks, but mostly slowish and powerful attacks. We'll just have to see how it's handled.

As for other Zelda characters I want (since other people were talking about it), Vaati seems to be too far under the radar for most people, even for my friends that love playing zelda games a lot. Zant sounds fun, but I dunno whether they'd do his controlled personality, or his crazy personality (I still don't like that random plot-twist and sudden change in character). Inb4 Zant has controlled attacks under 100%, but more unpredictable after 100%. Whatever the case is. Midna is more likely than either of these characters at this point due to how popular Twilight Princess got.
Yea, I think I'm pretty much the only one who maimed Zelda in Brawl...

EDIT: Mained! I'm usingmy phone :p

Since Sheik and ZSS are playable, and Rosalina links to 3d world on the website, spoilers isn't really a problem.
If she was added as her own slot, I'd hope after her final smash (fused shadow beast) she'd turn into Princess Midna
As for people getting in her way... The main one is Ghirahim, as he's also a popular character from one game. And they could go with Impa if they care about importance, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Since Impa has almost no fan base except Diddy Kong and a few others here on Smashboards, and doesn't exactly bring anything moveset wise to the table, I'm doubting her.
I also doubt we'll get more clones, and they won't make Toon Zelda or Tetra unique without Toon Link being unique. Tetra was called Toon Sheik in Brawl, I think we can assume that was going to be a clone.
I don't see Tingle making it as a Zelda character. Tingle has done close to nothing in any Zelda game. He was somewhat important in Wind Waker, and Majoras Mask too. But his other 3 appearances, no. He served as an "extra", basically. I wouldn't even call him a minor supporting character, just another face to talk to, fuse kinstones with, and then he was in a mini game. All he does in Zelda games is make charts and maps and float with balloons. There is no moveset there. However, he has been the main protagonist of his own games where he actually does have moves, so like Yoshi and wario, he'd become his own series character, a Tingle character. Whether his poorly selling Japan only series deserves a rep or not is up to Sakurai. But it did get a sticker in Brawl. Unlike Vaati.
And I don't see Zant getting in over Midna, and dang, I really wanted both in Brawl. Fi isn't in Midnas way, despite being a new companion, almost nobody is asking for her and she's one if the most hated Zelda characters. If there going to add a character from one game they better be popular and in demand. And both Ghirahim and Midna are very popular and requested one time characters. The lorule trio... Same thing as with Fi, plus being a bit too new. And Groose falls in the same category, since there's a more popular character only in Skyward Sword, and Smash Bros lacks villains and females, I can't see them going with a male protagonist.
What could help Midna, is being able to be added through Link, Links final smash could turn him into Wolf Link. And Midna could be on his back. And a character like Ghirahim, Impa, Yuga, Groose, or nobody could take the 5th slot.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I main Zelda since Melee's release. The hylian princess have more mainer than you think! ^^

If we don't want to end with a roster composed of Link/Zelda/Ganondorf and their Toon/Retro counterpart, we have to take some secondary characters. Rosalina proved us a secondary can go in (but she is clearly highlighted recently).

By the way, Midna's can represent something reccurent in the Zelda franchise: the sidekick. Every Zelda 3D games have one: Navi, Taya, Red Lion, Midna and Fi. But do people really expect a boat to fight? Midna's is without doubt the best fighter there.
Midna's representing the sidekick is, for me, like Sheik as a helper rep, as many characters help you through the games (Sheik, The Happy Mask Salesman, Tetra, The Resistance and Groose (to name a few), without being constantly to your side.

Also, remember that for the moment, every newcommers comes from the Wii, and that the Twilight Princess castle is used to present the Zelda serie in the first trailer for Smash4, so to me, Midna's is not out!

andimidna

Smash Master
I main Zelda since Melee's release. The hylian princess have more mainer than you think! ^^

If we don't want to end with a roster composed of Link/Zelda/Ganondorf and their Toon/Retro counterpart, we have to take some secondary characters. Rosalina proved us a secondary can go in (but she is clearly highlighted recently).

By the way, Midna's can represent something reccurent in the Zelda franchise: the sidekick. Every Zelda 3D games have one: Navi, Taya, Red Lion, Midna and Fi. But do people really expect a boat to fight? Midna's is without doubt the best fighter there.
Midna's representing the sidekick is, for me, like Sheik as a helper rep, as many characters help you through the games (Sheik, The Happy Mask Salesman, Tetra, The Resistance and Groose (to name a few), without being constantly to your side.

Also, remember that for the moment, every newcommers comes from the Wii, and that the Twilight Princess castle is used to present the Zelda serie in the first trailer for Smash4, so to me, Midna's is not out!
Since the Zelda U demo reenacted a scene from Twilight Princess with a boss from Twilight Princess, Link's and Zelda's designs are from Twilight Princess in SSB4, and TP Hyrule Castle was like the 3rd thing seen in the original trailer for SSB4...
It makes you wonder why an old game is getting all of this love..
I think this all definitely supports the rumors that Zelda U is a sequel to Twilight Princess, and what's a Twilight Princes 2 without the Twilight Princess starring in it herself?
I am seriously considering it a high possibility her return is coming soon.
And if Roy can get in Melee to advertise a lesser known Japan only game coming out in the future...
Let's just say, Sakurai would be somewhat informed on a large project such as this one (which we already know is the largest in the series) (proof: TP Link and Zelda confirmed), Twilight Princess is the best selling Zelda game, so if they care about saving the Wii U, they'd consider that, and they'd advertise the **** out of it... especially in Smash Bros.

The recurring companion aspect is never going away. Hell, we even saw one in the demo. And when Aonuma talked about changing the Zelda pattern (or whatever he called it) he specifically mentioned not fighting alone, but later clarified this didn't mean multiplayer (thank god, that would be awful). There's only one companion I could picture in my mind fighting without looking hilarious, Midna. I'd like to see them develop her true form's character. Many don't like it. Most people like her as an imp and wish she'd stay that way. But know they have a whole new Midna to use... why wouldn't they?
Why would they just through away a character like that?

On Zelda Informer and a Zelda facebook group I liked on Facebook, it seems her name pops up the most. When not relating to Smash Bros... she seems to be the most popular Zelda character.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums...es-favorite-zelda-character-besides-link.html

Wow, so much Midna, it's crazy.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnX9Z7Xf8glYI8m8fkCFI622q2InLTi-fLCDnhTsKhs/viewanalytics

In places less focused on what's "realistic" like Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse, etc. Midna does very well on polls. She isn't mentioned tha much here, because people are too focused on what's realistic, even though half the newcomers have been characters they called unrealistic. If Sakurai wants to give us what's unique and surprising. She's a great candidate.

Here's the pic of what could possibly be her home stage: v

Here's fan art of it too. ^

It's a match! Now where would the fighting take place? In the courtyard?... ^

Or will it remain in the background, and the cliff Link is standing on could be an edge on the real stage?
I don't get why they'd design an HD TP Hyrule Castle just for a background detail for two seconds of one trailer. That makes no sense to me. It must appear in the game again somehow.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't get why they'd design an HD TP Hyrule Castle just for a background detail for two seconds of one trailer. That makes no sense to me. It must appear in the game again somehow.
Never thought of it that way.
I was saying that Rosalina had a whole rainbow road on her video reveal, but it IS a stage.

By the way, the Hyrule Castle is something way more precise, complex and recognizable than the rest of the others series presentation. I don't really think it means something... But damn, I want the hyrule castle. Whatever it is: Courtyard, rooftops of throne room (THIS would be cool, with the godesses statues. But it may would be too flat for a stage.)

The castle is also something (obviously) reccurent in Zelda, after all.

Groose

Smash Champion
Since the Zelda U demo reenacted a scene from Twilight Princess with a boss from Twilight Princess, Link's and Zelda's designs are from Twilight Princess in SSB4, and TP Hyrule Castle was like the 3rd thing seen in the original trailer for SSB4...
It makes you wonder why an old game is getting all of this love..
I think this all definitely supports the rumors that Zelda U is a sequel to Twilight Princess, and what's a Twilight Princes 2 without the Twilight Princess starring in it herself?
I am seriously considering it a high possibility her return is coming soon.
And if Roy can get in Melee to advertise a lesser known Japan only game coming out in the future...
Let's just say, Sakurai would be somewhat informed on a large project such as this one (which we already know is the largest in the series) (proof: TP Link and Zelda confirmed), Twilight Princess is the best selling Zelda game, so if they care about saving the Wii U, they'd consider that, and they'd advertise the **** out of it... especially in Smash Bros.

The recurring companion aspect is never going away. Hell, we even saw one in the demo. And when Aonuma talked about changing the Zelda pattern (or whatever he called it) he specifically mentioned not fighting alone, but later clarified this didn't mean multiplayer (thank god, that would be awful). There's only one companion I could picture in my mind fighting without looking hilarious, Midna. I'd like to see them develop her true form's character. Many don't like it. Most people like her as an imp and wish she'd stay that way. But know they have a whole new Midna to use... why wouldn't they?
Why would they just through away a character like that?

On Zelda Informer and a Zelda facebook group I liked on Facebook, it seems her name pops up the most. When not relating to Smash Bros... she seems to be the most popular Zelda character.

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums...es-favorite-zelda-character-besides-link.html

Wow, so much Midna, it's crazy.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnX9Z7Xf8glYI8m8fkCFI622q2InLTi-fLCDnhTsKhs/viewanalytics

In places less focused on what's "realistic" like Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse, etc. Midna does very well on polls. She isn't mentioned tha much here, because people are too focused on what's realistic, even though half the newcomers have been characters they called unrealistic. If Sakurai wants to give us what's unique and surprising. She's a great candidate.

Here's the pic of what could possibly be her home stage: v

Here's fan art of it too. ^

It's a match! Now where would the fighting take place? In the courtyard?... ^

Or will it remain in the background, and the cliff Link is standing on could be an edge on the real stage?
You. Hey, you.

I have a very special product on sale today. One Midna support thread, cheap to a fervent Midna supporter.
I'll make you a deal. You get a moderator, and I let them give you the OP. No questions asked. No refunds.
Well, what do you say, my friend?
In all seriousness, I've come to realize that I just don't have time to run any major threads outside of Rate Their Chances, and I really want this to become a major thread. Mind taking the reins so I can take a more back-seat approach to stirring up Midna support?

andimidna

Smash Master
You. Hey, you.

I have a very special product on sale today. One Midna support thread, cheap to a fervent Midna supporter.
I'll make you a deal. You get a moderator, and I let them give you the OP. No questions asked. No refunds.
Well, what do you say, my friend?
In all seriousness, I've come to realize that I just don't have time to run any major threads outside of Rate Their Chances, and I really want this to become a major thread. Mind taking the reins so I can take a more back-seat approach to stirring up Midna support?
:D I've never had a thread before... so I really don't know what to do...
The OP would stay the same.. right?
Because the OP is great.
What do you want me to do? Get a mod?...

Never thought of it that way.
I was saying that Rosalina had a whole rainbow road on her video reveal, but it IS a stage.

By the way, the Hyrule Castle is something way more precise, complex and recognizable than the rest of the others series presentation. I don't really think it means something... But damn, I want the hyrule castle. Whatever it is: Courtyard, rooftops of throne room (THIS would be cool, with the godesses statues. But it may would be too flat for a stage.)

The castle is also something (obviously) reccurent in Zelda, after all.
Yea, Peach's Castle is also recurrent in Mario too, but instead... didn't he just hit a block or something? It showed more of a symbol of Mario, rather than a place. They could have easily just had a sky background with the triforce...

This makes me think Zelda Series. TP Hyrule Castle and TP Link makes me think Twilight Princess.

I mean, think about the other openings, there was no background design at all (basically)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
@ Kenith Kenith have you ever made a moveset for Midna?
I might be posting some movesets I've made soon.
Including a pretty "out there" item and sword based moveset for her true form.
Have you made one for her?
(Didn't mean to double post, I meant to press edit, my phone is being difficult)

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Midna is on Rate Their Chances! Go and give her a 100% want!

:D I've never had a thread before... so I really don't know what to do...
The OP would stay the same.. right?
Because the OP is great.
What do you want me to do? Get a mod?...
The post would remain the same as it currently is, but power to edit it would be taken from me and given to you. You could add to it, and leave what is there as is. As for the mod, I'll get one for you...

Hmm... I've been abusing Falkoopa enough lately, so I don't want to bother him here... erm... which mod to pester... oh. Right. That mod.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Hey Swamp, how's it going? Life treating you well? I actually have a problem, and I need a favor. Nothing big, just a little bit of your moderating power. You mind changing the thread's owner for me? The situation is described in the above couple posts.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm... I've been abusing Falkoopa enough lately, so I don't want to bother him here... erm... which mod to pester... oh. Right. That mod.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Hey Swamp, how's it going? Life treating you well? I actually have a problem, and I need a favor. Nothing big, just a little bit of your moderating power. You mind changing the thread's owner for me? The situation is described in the above couple posts.
Changed the owner to @ andimidna andimidna

And giving Groose infractions for pestering.... :troll:

andimidna

Smash Master
I signed the petition and hope she gets in Sm4sh even though her chances aren't the best.
I signed up. But the OP needs more details.
I have to support! I just have to.

Midna is my first choice when it comes to a 5th Zelda rep.
I support Midna if only because I think EVERYONE overrates Graham or whatever his name was.
the difference here is that waddle dee actually has a chance,
but I shouldn't say that in her support thread,
I would actually liked her, she was an actually helpful companion in the games, and plus if she got in she'll most likely bring wolf link along and I would just absolutely love that:awesome:
I'd like to support, but i dunno her chances are very slim so.... .-.

Boy I'd be so dang happy if they put in Midna. She's one of the most entertaining zelda characters ever written. Mischief is fun.
Supporting Midna - love her to death, loved TP.
Added to the support list! No take-backs! :awesome:
One day Smash will have so many characters that players will choose from Link, Toon Link, Four Swords Link, Wolf Link w/Midna, Young Link w/masks, And the super secret character: Minish Link.

But until that day… give me Vaati. Though Wolf Link Midna is definitely high up on the list.
You support Vaati over her, but would you like to be in the support list for her?

Great day! Support list almost doubled!
Midna
Chance: 4% - Sadly, I don't think she'll even be considered. A one shot deuteragonist with mediocre popularity from an eight year old game probably won't have too much of a chance.
Want: 79% - We can dream right?

Cookie Country
Chance: 31% - I would normally think that Lor Starcutter has the best chance for a Kirby stage, then I remembered that every single SSB game to date has included at least one Wispy Woods stage.
Want: 0% - I see no potential.

Isa (we seriously need to get out of the habit of calling him by his full name) prediction: 4%

Meowth prediction: 13%

Nominations: Alph x5
Midna - 1%
A true dark horse candidate, her relevance has long since passed and she is just one of a million one-off Zelda characters, but she has enough enduring popularity and is a unique enough character (both alone and with Wolf Link) that it's perfectly believable that she manages to sneak into the roster, if extremely unlikely. Likely assist trophy material, but who knows? She's certainly plausible, which is more than can be said of most newcomers we rate these days.
Want - 75% - As far as potential Zelda characters go, Midna's got some serious potential to really be awesome.

Cookie Country - 5%
Same rating I gave to the last Return from Dream Land stage, in large part because it's such a specific choice for stage for a game that isn't really guaranteed to be represented with a stage considering Epic Yarn is out there.
Want - 50% - Meh?

Isa Jo Prediction - 4.5%
Might not do terribly, oddly enough.

Meowth Prediction - 6.5%
Wait, we're rerating Meowth? And he got more than 11% last time? I'm confused on so many levels right now.

Nominations
50 or More Character Slots x5
Midna
Chance: 2.5%
Want: 65%

Plain and simple, Midna has missed her opportunity. Unless she is featured in an upcoming game, I don't think she has a very good chance. The person in the spotlight now is Ghirahim, and the one off characters haven't been getting much love from LoZ.

Cookie Country
Abstain

Don't know much about it.

Isa: Pi (3.14%,) (I'm starting to use this a lot more than I probably should.)

Nominations:
Lupus x5
Congratulations! You've been quoted in the Midna support thread!
I have owned this thread for like 2 hours... so I thought I should start doing something with it!
Likeliness aside, would you 3 like to be added onto the supporters list? :D
Pleeeeaaase! ;)
And just for fun, here's some more supportive posts from the same thread regarding the same topic.
Midna's chances: I find the ability for her to be added onto Link (Wolf Link and Midna transformation after Final Smash) very helpful in her chances. Being picked as the 5th rep may be low, but she's definitely one of the more unique ones. Arguably the most unique, as she could be a quadruped team, a floating small magic character, or a tall normal sword character, and her final smash would be her fused shadow form, which has a SPEAR! She dissolves her body into little pieces to fuse through walls, warps anything to any location as she pleases without laying a finger on it, and has magic orbs strong enough to break metal like it was glass. If Wolf Link and Midna were added onto Link, this would finally differentiate Link and Toon Link, and would fit just fine seeing as both Samus and Zelda have an add-on.
This would make the one clone we have, unique. Uniqueness seems bid=g this time around, yet we have 1 returning clone.
This would fix that. And anybody who wants to play as Link and only Link, could just use Toon Link, as it's the same moveset with some unique animations, sounds, and a different side aerial that has basically the same hitbox regardless of what's being used.
As the 5th rep, she probably wouldn't get in over the more recent one-time character, so I'm not going to give a likelihood for that, it'd be very low.
Her being playable could include being with Link, and considering that, I think it could and should happen. TP Link is back in SSB4 and Zelda U might even be a sequel to TP. However, I can't say being added on to Link is more likely than not, that's not true.
I'll say... 20%
There are many things going against the other choices for the Zelda series. If she's not going against all of them for 5th rep, and becoming a part of Link so it seems less odd Zelda gets her own one-time popular female swap, and Link doesn't.
Ganondorf could even get the extremely iconic Ganon, which he somewhat had in Brawl... but I'm saying it's possible the triforce trio could all have a swap, and then maybe there wouldn't even need to be a 5th if they added Midna and Ganon.
I wish she was more popular on this site, that's why I like to go on other sites from time to time, she's much more popular elsewhere.
Midna want: 1000%
Can I vote higher?

Cookie Country (for both): 50%
I could see it happening as easily as I could see it not happening. And I'm neutral until I see the stage in action. Could be good, could be bad.

Meowth prediction: 9%
Isa Jo prediction: 8%

Tiki x2
Anna x1
Ghirahim x1
Lucina x1
Midna:
Chance: 25%. With having only one major appearance in a game eight years old, and many other more likely and prominent characters clawing to take the spot, and the likely possibility of no new Zelda character, things seem incredibly dire for Midna's chances.
However, she does have assets that increase those chances, mainly, her incredible potential as a unique fighter with her shadow magic (and her ponytail), which Sakurai is certainly looking for and ensuring with new fighters, and her diminished, but still notable, popularity. And the amount of requests she gets doesn't factor in every fan, either.
She was almost as requested as Rosalina before her reveal, and while Rosalina appeared in multiple games, Mario's characters always are reocurring, whereas Zelda characters in the main story are lucky to make another appearance.
Overall, it's not too likely. But it's not impossible either.

Want: 100%. This is my most wanted character sans Ghirahim and Lucina. She left a lasting impression on me and many others, and I think that she (and what she represents; the Link's companion) would be a good inclusion to this game.
Cookie Country Stage:
Chance: 60%. It's very likely we will get a new Kirby stage, and since Kirby's Return to Dreamland was a recent, successful Kirby game, it could get a stage based on it. However, in Brawl the only Kirby stage we got was Halberd, which is a lot more specific and different than this stage. Although, assuming Melee stages are omitted, we will be lacking a lush, bright, iconic Kirby stage, and Cookie Country fits that perfectly.

Want: 50%. I love cookies, however I dislike country, so I give it 50/50.

Meowth Prediction: 7%.
Isa Jo Prediction: 4%.

Edit: Oh, I forgot! Nominate Ghirahim X5.
minda - 2.50%
one shot Zelda character, above average popularity, game has passed, more or less sums it up, she barely even stands a chance because of Zelda wii u using similar graphics to TP(even recreating a boss battle from there), link and Zelda continuing their twilight princess outfits (though it mainly because the team doesn't want to waste extra resources creating new outfits) and her surprisingly, but still above average popularity
want - 95%
minda alone imp/orginal form - 90%
minda and wolf link - 100%
equals up to 95%

cookie country - 8.25%
possible but unlikely because green greens is more iconic and there probably won' be two Kirby green stages
want - 5%
not really
isa jo - 1.14%
most will say zeros, some will give 1 or 2s
meowth - 12.55%
tomorrow will get a bit controversial
nominations:
shulkX5

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
So how would you guys like Midna to be included? Standalone, riding Wolf Link, or perhaps even True Form?

Personally, as you can probably tell from the OP, I'd prefer her to be solo. Incidentally, I think someone needs to make a Wolf Link/Midna moveset there. I don't really need Wolf Link present because I think Midna could get the job done on her own.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll quote my own post from the "rate their chances" thread.
So, about Midna.
Chances: 20%
Despite being a fan of the Zelda franchise, I think a newcommer is unlikely. The serie is well represented with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, and Sheik, even if not confirmed yet, is already a bonus to me.
BUT Rosalina had the chance to join the roster. Thought clearly highlighted recently, she is a secondary character, and the Mario series was also well represented.
The percentage I give actually applies to every potential Zelda newcommers in fact.
So why adding Midna? I think she can represent sidekicks, like Sheik represents helpers in games. Both are staples in the 3D main games.
Plus, she is one of the most unique characters from Zelda, being the abilities, the personality or the look.
And finally, Twilight Princess seems to still get some love in Smash, Link and Zelda retaining their TP look, and the TP Hyrule castle being shown in the VIllager's trailer.
Edit: There's also the fact she is kinda playable in TP. Kinda.

Also, I dislike the fact there's 5 characters, yet 3 original movesets only for my favorite franchise. Zelda need some love!

Want: 100%
A condescending, Wolf riding imp that use shadow magic despite being a good character? Yes please. (Wolf Link not necessary)

So how would you guys like Midna to be included? Standalone, riding Wolf Link, or perhaps even True Form?

Personally, as you can probably tell from the OP, I'd prefer her to be solo. Incidentally, I think someone needs to make a Wolf Link/Midna moveset there. I don't really need Wolf Link present because I think Midna could get the job done on her own.
I don't really want the true form playable, as I think it's less original.

By the way, I don't really have a preference concerning having Wolf Link or not. Both cases have their pros and cons.
People tends to say that Wolf Link would make a third Link in the game and that it is a bad idea. But if Mario, Dr Mario and Luigi can be in Melee, I don't have problems to have two totally differents forms of the same Link, plus Toon Link :troll:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Midna has potential because while playing twilight princess, it makes it seem like Midna is one of the most important characters in the Zelda series. However, when you finish the game and realize that she is only in that game you realize that she really isn't that important. I think that it would be cool to have Midna, but there are better choices in my mind. I would like to see a second/third game with her and then and only then I would to see her in Smash.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Midna riding Wolf Link really counts as a third Link. Cause unlike Mario, Link's in different games are different people, just kinda reincarnated. And the difference between two being people and one being a non-anthropomorphic wolf is different enough. You'd never hear,

"Ugh, Wolf link is such a clone, with his whole 'rip out the throat with his sharp canine teeth' move. Just like every other Link. And his final smash that doesn't use a sword. Just like every other Link."

and uh, sure, add me to the list, even if I support Vaati first.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I just spent a half of an hour replying to another thread about Midna
Well... here's what I said :D
Calling Midna the 3rd most requested Zelda character was an understatement.
She's very popular on most sites, but for some reason, not this one.
Despite not being as popular on this one site, check out ShortieCanBrawl's poll results.

She's 3rd on this site. But on others she's even more popular.

Like this, a poll linked from youtube, where Midna is popular.

This is the first result for "Zelda newcomer poll":

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68545614

Looks like she's popular on Gamefaqs too.

I see her highly requested on Facebook groups and Miiverse as well.

It wasn't difficult to find loads of Midna art on Miiverse.

And when not in regards to Smash, it seems her name comes up the most pertaining to Zelda characters.
At least here, and all I searched was "Zelda characters"

A lot of Midna!

Tingle isn't popular in the West, and not even that requested in Japan despite being liked.
Impa isn't really popular anywhere, she kind of is here though. Kind of.
Skull Kid isn't playable, and his assist is obviously going to be the moon, so there's no reason to talk about him anymore.
You are correct in saying Ghirahim is more popular than Midna now.
Toon Zelda/Tetra is sometimes more popular than Midna, sometimes not. Both are in that 2nd place-3rd place area. It depends what site your on, and if your on this one, Midna is 3rd. That's why I said 3rd.

There seems to be some sort of confusion regarding old character's popularity.
Fans of a character don't just all die at once, or suddenly hate a character they used to love. Midna fans all still love Midna. Some may love Hilda or Ghirahim more now, but that doesn't mean they are not a Midna fan! People saying her character is dying out... are being a bit ridiculous. King K Rool, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, and Skull Kid are still popular, why is it so difficult to understand she is too despite a reappearance. She's less requested now that she's less likely than Brawl. But that doesn't mean she has 1 less fan, it just means the fans are being quiet.

I believe the rumors saying she will return in Zelda U, but that's me. Hopeful me. But it would give her the MOST advertising potential.
In my opinion TP had a lot of flaws, but I can recognize all of them, and they still get outweighed by all of the pros so drastically, I can call it my favorite videogame of all time in full honesty.
Midna was a huge focus in TP, the game was all about developing her character, so if you were in a bad mood about one, you didn't like the other. However, looking at the game outside of your own perspective, you should be able to admit it achieved what it tried to, and her character is among the top 5 best developed in the series.

andimidna

Smash Master
I wouldn't say Midna riding Wolf Link really counts as a third Link. Cause unlike Mario, Link's in different games are different people, just kinda reincarnated. And the difference between two being people and one being a non-anthropomorphic wolf is different enough. You'd never hear,

"Ugh, Wolf link is such a clone, with his whole 'rip out the throat with his sharp canine teeth' move. Just like every other Link. And his final smash that doesn't use a sword. Just like every other Link."

and uh, sure, add me to the list, even if I support Vaati first.
Done.

So does everybody like the new Miiverse Posts section I added? :D

Groose

Smash Champion
That Miiverse section... that's... incredible. It seems like we have a good new leader in charge now!

I'll try to come up with another sample moveset, but I don't have too much time and two other projects take precedence. I'l let you guys know if I get around to it.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
That Miiverse section... that's... incredible. It seems like we have somebody with too much time on their hands in charge now!

I'll try to come up with another sample moveset, but I don't have too much time and two other projects take precedence. I'l let you guys know if I get around to it.
Fix'd :p

andimidna

Smash Master

New additions to the Miiverse pics! Fun fact: Japanese people made ALL of these and MOST of the ones already there! It appears our little imp gets much more support in Japan than here...
Many of the American drawings are of her true form! Neat!

Actually, I found some American drawings too.
And for lawls...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
you found a lot of these. . .,
anyway @ andimidna andimidna , can I recommend something mate?
i recommend we put a poll here in the thread, it could be very simple as a yes or no question about wanting minda, its polls that can help threads grow, along with a passionate fan/supporter who runs the thread, along with logical evidence, we have two(ish? not sure if we have logical evidence), i just think that there can be no harm in adding a poll,
in fact the poll in the bandana dee thread is the reason why the guy has so much support for him, utilizing one we could see just how much support minda has hidden here on the boards,
so, ya just throwing ideas

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
you found a lot of these. . .,
anyway @ andimidna andimidna , can I recommend something mate?
i recommend we put a poll here in the thread, it could be very simple as a yes or no question about wanting minda, its polls that can help threads grow, along with a passionate fan/supporter who runs the thread, along with logical evidence, we have two(ish? not sure if we have logical evidence), i just think that there can be no harm in adding a poll,
in fact the poll in the bandana dee thread is the reason why the guy has so much support for him, utilizing one we could see just how much support minda has hidden here on the boards,
so, ya just throwing ideas
I'll do anything I can!

I might even change the title up a bit... and may continue changing minor things, keeping them fresh. Only having this one thread allows me to focus on only it.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'll do anything I can!

I might even change the title up a bit... and may continue changing minor things, keeping them fresh. Only having this one thread allows me to focus on only it.
that's good then, keep the place fresh and updated, more people would get interested, our main goal here is to get the word out and see how many people we can get here and start topics,
if you need any advice or help, i'll do whatever i can mate, i'll be around

andimidna

Smash Master
that's good then, keep the place fresh and updated, more people would get interested, our main goal here is to get the word out and see how many people we can get here and start topics,
if you need any advice or help, i'll do whatever i can mate, i'll be around
So... how do you make a poll on a thread? :nervous:

andimidna

Smash Master
click edit on the OP, (the main post up front) and click on more options
it should be down there with the check marks, if not then you need to ask someone who owned a thread before we switched to a new software :ohwell:
Hmmm... couldn't figure it out...

What about the titles...

Snarky Princess of the Twilight Realm-- Midna Support Thread! Ready to Warp into Battle!!!
Sassy Princess of the Twilight Realm, Midna Support Thread-- Out of the Twilight! Our favorite Sassy Imp is Ready to Warp into Battle!!!
Princess of the Twilight Realm Warps into Battle!-- Midna for SSB4!!!

Do you like any of these?

EDIT: Previous title: Midna Support Thread--Out of the Twilight!

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Hmmm... couldn't figure it out...

What about the titles...

Snarky Princess of the Twilight Realm-- Midna Support Thread! Ready to Warp into Battle!!!
Sassy Princess of the Twilight Realm, Midna Support Thread-- Out of the Twilight! Our favorite Sassy Imp is Ready to Warp into Battle!!!
Princess of the Twilight Realm Warps into Battle!-- Midna for SSB4!!!

Do you like any of these?
i like the bottom one the best, no need to add any extras to it, though that's my opinion not yours, though sadly, I'm pretty sure you need mod assistance to change the title (unless there's something i don't know)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

New additions to the Miiverse pics! Fun fact: Japanese people made ALL of these and MOST of the ones already there! It appears our little imp gets much more support in Japan than here...
Many of the American drawings are of her true form! Neat!

Actually, I found some American drawings too.
And for lawls...
A lot more support in Japan? How? Interesting as the game she appears in was made to appeal to US audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom