• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
So what do you think Sakurai's explanation for not having Snake in is?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So what do you think Sakurai's explanation for not having Snake in is?
Snake's not kid friendly as characters like Samus, Mario, and Fox beat up The Villager, Toon Link, Bowser Jr., Luma, Mega Man, and other minors in the game. :p

Staarih

Smash Master
Snake better be DLC, it would be a shame to lose such a unique character. At least as DLC he would be optional - those who don't like him or don't think he fits the game could just not download him (but who would do such a thing really).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake's not kid friendly as characters like Samus, Mario, and Fox beat up The Villager, Toon Link, Bowser Jr., Luma, Mega Man, and other minors in the game. :p
Not everyone there is kid friendly:

-Samus had her family massacred by a bloodthirsty dragon and basically has dedicated her entire life to fighting due to being orphaned. Kid friendly.
-Rosalina had to deal with her mother abandoning her and she basically needed to make friends of and eventually mother herself a race of cosmic beings to deal with her own sadness. Kid friendly.
-Mega Man, as proven by Mega Man 7's ending, is perfectly willing to kill a human, as he's apparently not programmed with Isaac Asimov's 3 Laws Of Robotics, one of which is to not harm another human being. Kid friendly.
-Bowser Jr. isn't exactly criticism immune when it's considered he's a minor constantly assisting a higher authority dictator figure in unwarranted kidnapping of a foreign soverign. Kid friendly.

Just saying.

:troll:

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The Nintendo Patriots

I have seen a lot of people list off DLC characters and not have him in it.
It gets even more annoying when they have characters like mach rider or something on their list.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
So, is Snake a bigger possibility now that DLC is comfirmed?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hope Snake returns as DLC, even if his trophy is shown before. Kojima did pretty much give Sakurai the okay, and he can be easily brought over from Brawl with maybe a few tweaks.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
So, is Snake a bigger possibility now that DLC is comfirmed?
Given that they didn't go out of there way to avoid mentioning his presence (which is kind of weird with a cut character, but they do refer to PT's previous appearance in his trophy) I think he became a distinct possibility.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's great to be back guys let's get to the speculating. So what time period will Snake be released?:awesome:

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Given that they didn't go out of there way to avoid mentioning his presence (which is kind of weird with a cut character, but they do refer to PT's previous appearance in his trophy) I think he became a distinct possibility.
I feel like it is a definite possibility as Kojima stated that he'd like to see him in the game months ago. So there is nothing stopping him now except for the E10 rating.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it is a definite possibility as Kojima stated that he'd like to see him in the game months ago. So there is nothing stopping him now except for the E10 rating.
I've heard that ESRB ratings don't extend to DLC but I wouldn't be entirely sure. The PEGI and CERO ratings wouldn't be affected so I'm sure they wouldn't see it as an insurmountable obstacle either way.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That fact that they mentioned him for the sole purpose of introducing the KI Codecs made me cringe.
I was happy to simply get a reference to him being in in the first place, also I don't think any cut character had been directly referenced in a previous iteration of the franchise, correct me if I'm wrong. That gives me hope all on it's own.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Not everyone there is kid friendly:

-Samus had her family massacred by a bloodthirsty dragon and basically has dedicated her entire life to fighting due to being orphaned. Kid friendly.
-Rosalina had to deal with her mother abandoning her and she basically needed to make friends of and eventually mother herself a race of cosmic beings to deal with her own sadness. Kid friendly.
-Mega Man, as proven by Mega Man 7's ending, is perfectly willing to kill a human, as he's apparently not programmed with Isaac Asimov's 3 Laws Of Robotics, one of which is to not harm another human being. Kid friendly.
-Bowser Jr. isn't exactly criticism immune when it's considered he's a minor constantly assisting a higher authority dictator figure in unwarranted kidnapping of a foreign soverign. Kid friendly.

Just saying.

:troll:
Here's more:

Mewtwo wanted to commit Genocide in the movie and dictate a world full of his illegal clones. Kid Friendly

Mario has broken so many laws in his games I cannot possibly keep track, to name a few he has started Street Racing, Killing Endangered Green Turtles, Beaten up women (Wendy Koopa is technically a woman), Melted Bowser alive in boiling hot lava (HOLY ****), Beaten up Children (Koopalings and Bowser Jr), use his loyal slaves the Yoshis to suicide jump to serve his goals and about a million more crimes. Kid Friendly

Toon Link shoved the Master Sword right into Ganondorf's brain. Kid Friendly

Regular Link doesn't wear pants in public as a kid and stabbed a Eel Monster several times even causing it to bleed heavily. Kid Friendly

Zero Suit Samus. Enough said. Kid Friendly.

Shadow the Hedgehog (Assist Trophy) is just a bad role model in general, watch Gameplay of Shadow the Hedgehog on Youtube and he cusses an infinite number of times and even commits murder in the non-canon endings. Do I really need to say it?

Wii Fit Trainer embodies exercise, something children and most gamers hate. Kid Friendly

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We know who the announcer is...

What if him mentioning Snake was his way of dropping a hint? The guy would have to announce for the DLC as well... :troll:

Seriously speaking, just the fact that they mentioned Snake gives me strong hopes. I'd bet he's being worked on as we speak.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I'm so glad to be back.

But yes the specific mention of snake was the biggest surprise.
While I won't get to excited it was definitely interesting to hear.
Since there was really no reason they even had to mention snake.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Since there was really no reason they even had to mention snake.
"Let's mention a character from the previous game who won't be making an appearance in this game!"

Either he's on the way or that was more of a direct slap to the face than Ridley being halfway playable.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, now that I've been summoned...

Keep tweeting and what have you. We have our support thread in the Alliance group, so head over there if you want to as well. Based on them referring to Snake, something about it gives me confidence. But that doesn't mean we can let up. We need to stay on the people who matter, and make it clear: WE WANT SNAKE!!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
As was said I think it is a big point that they mentioned him when from my recollection they never mention cut characters aside from trophies in any Promotional material.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I admit it's hard to resist getting some hope for DLC Snake and maybe Shadow Moses and a new Metal Gear stage (Groznyj Grad?) as DLC packs, too.

I hope Kojima comments on Smash again sometime in the future to show if he or Sakurai is interested. Last time I checked, he said Sakurai didn't contact him.

Well then
Big Boss? More like Big Hoss.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
If Snake gets in as dlc, I will delete my Snake Mii Fighter with pride :snake:

and damnit, that name drop was painful. Eitherway, I think Snake has pretty good chances to return.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
It would be amazing if Mewtwo and Snake shared a trailer. They are both clones.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing is that who knows when we'll be getting more smash info.
Since that WiiU direct was quite the blow out. Though we never saw DHD's trailer so perhaps there will be something closer to launch or a part of another direct.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
The dream lives on ladies and gents! I mean, the fact that they even mentioned Snake is giving me so much hope!

If he gets in, I hope his f-tilt stays the same

and his u-tilt

I'm betting if he's in, his b-air would probably be the aerial with not much landing lag

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Snake as DLC would make sense to me know.

-Third Party DLC has been a popular addition for fighting games
-The most unique cut veteran sans ice climbers.
-kojima could have gotten with sakurai after the interview where he said he didn't know but to please use him.
-why mention him in the direct at all?
When there was no need to?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
When snake comes back, I expect 3/4 of the forum to come and post in the "snake I was wrong" thread.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
When snake comes back, I expect 3/4 of the forum to come and post in the "snake I was wrong" thread.
When Snake comes back I'll probably loose all my natural eloquence and charm and descend into a squabbling mess but, hey.
So did I hear right when I heard that in order to get Mewtwo you had to by both the Wii U and 3DS games?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
No you just get him free if you have both versions. If you only have one you gotta buy him.

Top Bottom