• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well my friends, it has been a long and winding road, but unfortunately it seems to have ended on what weve feared most. We may never know sakurai's reasoning, and i get the feeling even if we do it wont really justify what has happened. Im not real happy with this outcome, but its a possibility we all knew could happen in the back of our minds, but either way that doesnt make it any easier to deal with. As i see it the roster will never live up to its potential until those who were lost return, especially snake.

We fought and we fought, and we will continue to fight. DLC may still be on the table, but as much as sakurai has ignored many it may be up to us to get kojima and nintendo of americas attention via twitter and elsewhere.

Snake is along with link is my favorite gaming character ever, and im am so thankful for brawl's ability to reintroduce me to him and his series which i had previously only lightly dabbled in. From its weird quirks to its somber and deep emotional impact, its stories are something that will remain with me forever, snake is and has the qualities i would like to strive for as a man which no other game has done. I so wished we could have continued to enjoy our sneaky soldier like every other smash fan who got their favorite character included, but its just something im gonna have to accept and adapt to now. We will always have brawl, and thats something no one can ever remove from our memories, he opened the door and set the standard, his shoes can never be filled.

I have enjoyed all the discussions weve had, and all the love for everything about our hero and his series has given us. Your my brothers and sisters in arms, and we went through hell and back, so im hoping we can all at least keep the dream alive and continue to stay in touch somehow. Its a shame too that the mods will probably wipe this section along with all the other character threads soon enough, so it would be cool if we could somehow keep everything that went on here in tact in some way. Your all sons of this HH Big Boss, and its been a blast talking with each and every one of you, whom i know had my back as ive had yours.

So farwell old friend, you are the biggest casualty this series as ever had. And we will never ever forget how great it was to have his presence in brawl.

----
Its not quite the end, its rather in a way going on to new things. Snake and his series will live on in MGS5, and that will be colossal, so in that sense he will live on where others even in smash bros wont. If DLC isnt in his future so be it, there is still a sunrise on the horizon and it will always have a place for snake and us as his fans.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future." - Solid Snake

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You're trying to make me cry, right?

Because it's working. Too well.

Yes, I am crying. That end scene will do that to you.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believe in."

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control... All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield... controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control... War becomes routine.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I just want to leave this here.

Rayman is a trophy in smash.
Snake thus far is not.

Why would he go through the trouble for one and not one who's a veteran?

Food for thought on the DLC.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm late to the party, as I stayed up all night watching Smash streams and got tired.
I promised myself back in June I'd post this in the case that Snake didn't return:

I got interested in Metal Gear because of Solid Snake in Brawl.

While I didn't care for him at first, in recent years I decided to learn more about the series and watch walkthroughs of the games in order of release date, as well as looking on the wiki.
While it took a while and was confusing, the pieces started falling into place eventually.

He's one of my favorite Brawl characters, along with Wario and Olimar.

It's a pretty cool series, and I'm sad that he's not coming back for this game. I would've loved a Gronzyl Grad stage with stage hazards from Big Boss' games, like the Shagohod, RAXA, and the AI weapons.

But I'm still looking on the bright side of things.

;_;7

You're trying to make me cry, right?

Because it's working. Too well.

Yes, I am crying. That end scene will do that to you.
"Hal...are you crying?"

"No...
I'm not crying."

-----

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just wanna say that Snake was indeed one of my favourite Smash characters. I actually owe my interest in Smash to Snake, because it was seeing him in the E3 2006 trailer that piqued my interest in the series.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I guess this is going to be my last post here... The Mods said there going to lock all these threads for the time being. Sianarya Friends or should i say Brothers (and sister)

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Easily the best newcomer in Brawl. Gone but not forgotten.

Don't keep us waiting, Snake. Return as DLC!

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
Goodbye My friends. Snake was a unique and cool character. He brought something new to the table. Its sad to see him leave. It was nice supporting my favorite, legendary solider in ssb4. This will be the last time I'll post here. Lets hope for DLC.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
You would think a lot more people would care about a character who is completely unique. Snake was the only trap character we had in Smash and added more to the table than any of the other cut characters (except IC's, they are also pretty unique). Yet no one cares about him because he is dark and gritty 3rd party. Also why did people expect Snake to get cut? what indicated that he would be cut?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
You would think a lot more people would care about a character who is completely unique. Snake was the only trap character we had in Smash and added more to the table than any of the other cut characters (except IC's, they are also pretty unique). Yet no one cares about him because he is dark and gritty 3rd party. Also why did people expect Snake to get cut? what indicated that he would be cut?
Before e3 and the kojima interview. it was "MGS5 not hitting wii u" and "konami and nintendo are not close anymore"
After the kojima interview people started twisting his words saying "Kojima said he wouldn't be in" and stuff.
After e3 with pac man reveal and stuff people kinda lost hope.
Then more stuff started popping up likethe back of the box and leaks and stuff. There were many positives supporting his inclusing, but many negatives as well, most people tended to look towards the negative side.
There is no use arguing it now, until DLC is confirmed.

Anyway got my NNID up, add me if you want.
(My mii is snake btw)

I'm still curious, wasn't David Hayter spotted there in the credits? Heard he was going to do falco.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be quite the challenge to wait and see what we get for DLC.
It'll all be worth it for his return though.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Playing the demo, hearing Snake's voice actor do Samurai Goroh is a terrible reminder.

It's not time for you to go Snake, not just yet.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Playing the demo, hearing Snake's voice actor do Samurai Goroh is a terrible reminder.

It's not time for you to go Snake, not just yet.
It's painful really, they got Akio Ōtsuka, David Hayter, and Nobuko Toda, all just a small reminder of the fact that he was once playable. Maybe this is their way of reping metal gear.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Ugh.. Well, I was really hoping that this wasn't going to happen, but it looks like it's near the end for (Solid) Snake.. :( He had a really fun and engaging moveset (unique, too!) in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; I was really hoping for a "Kept ya waitin', huh?" moment as a last-second reveal... It's just disheartening to see that an entire veteran universe will be cut from the Super Smash Bros. series for the time being. Although "guest characters" typically avoid sequels in fighting games, I was really hoping that Sonic and Snake would avoid the trend.. Thanks for your help in the Subspace Emissary, Snake...your legacy as a Smash veteran will live on.

"Theme of Solid Snake":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0OkwTNX8aA
(It's going to be so sad listening to this theme until Solid Snake gets re-confirmed for the Super Smash Bros. series... :cry:)

Also, posting this Reddit thread for posterity - a die-hard "Snake for Super Smash Bros. 4!" trooper if I ever saw one: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2dt30j/the_ultimate_compilation_of_snake_information/

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I thought that "David Hayter" bit was just somebody making **** up. Anybody got a link to the credits or anything where he pops up?

Spirst

I thought that "David Hayter" bit was just somebody making **** up. Anybody got a link to the credits or anything where he pops up?
There isn't one, I don't think. I looked carefully and didn't see his name in the credits at all. Didn't see Hideo Kojima either (just a lot of _____ Kojima and Hideo _____ names).

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I found a video but the guy keeps breaking the credits and scrolling fast so I can't see anybody's name.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just wondering, has Reuben's name appeared on the credits? Or Raiden's true VA?
Reuben Langdon? The guy who voiced Devil May Cry Dante - not DmC Dante who was voiced by Tim Phillipps - and Ken from Street Fighter? Also, Quinton Flynn's the name you're looking for Raiden's, Reno's, and Axel's/Lea's voice actor.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Good bye comrades.
"You're (all) pretty good"
Hope to see you in the DLC thread for our mercenary...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I managed to write snakes eulogy in the graveyard thread before the threads are locked, i couldnt be at peace until my respects were paid.

Take head brothers, we fought well, and im proud of each and everyone of you guys.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
For the past 2 weeks, I was avoiding the internet, not knowing of any leaks after the huge roster one. I was hoping there would be a final surprise in the game, and was really, really hoping that would include Snake. And so, when the game came out in Japan, I downloaded it off the eshop (yes I have a Japanese 3DS), and spent the last 24 hours unlocking everyone.

The Body I’ve lost…the comrade I’ve lost…

Won’t stop hurting :c

Top Bottom