• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This was easily the most questionable roster that I've seen in any Smash Bros. game. Cutting two entire series was bad enough, but completely giving multiple series the shaft while adding tons of new content to Sakurai's new baby made this an incredibly frustrating experience.

If what happened with Snake in this game and Mewtwo in Brawl is any indication, there's no point in me getting attached to any of these newcomers unless they're Dark Pit or Palutena - they'll most likely be removed in the next Smash Bros. game so Sakurai can make room for Viridi, Phosphora, Thanatos, and Pyrrhon as playable characters!

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
t's over...it's REALLY over...Ghaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
SAKURAI DOESN' T DESERVE TO BE THE SMASH DIRECTOR ANYMORE!!!!
Employer 1: We could bring back Mewtwo, everyone wants him back!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!11!1!1!1!1!1!1!
Employer 2: What about Snake? Nintendo and Konami are for it...
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!
Employer 3: We should add a Rhythm Heaven character, it would be unique and awesome!
Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!111!
Employer 4: WE HAVE SOME FREE TIME. WE COULD USE THIS TIME FOR RESOLVE THE ICE CLIMBERS PROBLEM...
M***********g Sakurai: NO, LET' S ADD DARK PIT!1!1!1!1!11!!!

Why he even added Little Mac or Rosalina? They will SURELY cut in Smash 5 for make spaces for Viridi, Pseudo Palutena, Poseidon, Hades, Medusa, Phyrron, Phosphora and Thanathos!!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Never really played Snake in Brawl, though I'm still very sad that he's apparently cut. R.I.P.

Though there still is hope for DLC…

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Well, it's over guys. Honestly, I haven't been expecting Snake for months, and while I still think DLC is a possibility, Snake probably isn't a big priority. Hopefully we'll get some kind of clarification down the road for why he didn't return, but I'm not sticking around. Have a good life guys.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
There may be still hope for Wii u version characters as dlc. Snake could be one of them.
"Never give up. Fight until the end. Always believe you will succeed, even when the odds are against you."
- Big Boss, Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
We'll always have Brawl, I suppose. I don't even have a Wii U so I'll probably stick with Smash 3DS for online mode and Brawl/PM for regular TV gameplay.

I'm not a fan of these cuts to be honest. Lot's of great characters were skipped over. I still cannot believe Ice Climbers are gone. That is just bull****.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Well, ****. We're finally off of this wild ride. Oh, well, I guess it really only would've been a model with textures on it, not like my dog died or anything. He was my most wanted character, but I guess I'll just stick to Kirby, and who knows, maybe DLC could happen. Still, we don't know why Snake was removed, but I bet we'll get an answer along with the IC in the near future. I wouldn't even blame Sakurai (until we know why), since I doubt he was against Snake being in, so something else must have happened. Maybe Nintendo didn't want him in, or Konami didn't, idk.

I'm not that pissed about Dark Pit, or the amount of KI content in, since the items are unique, and DP is a clone they probably threw in late in development. I doubt Sakurai is as biased as everyone says, he's gotta be a cool guy for letting Snake in Brawl when MGS was more relevant on every console but Nintendo. Oh well.

RIP IN PEACE SOLID SNACK

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I do hope there's closure on the near future. If that happens, I'll be satisfied. If Nintendo or Konami didn't want him in, then fine, it is what it is, but don't stay in the dark. If nothing else, shut the fanboys up thinking that their explanation for snake being gone is the "correct one" :/

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Snake? Snake? SNAAAAKE?

Apparently David Hayter voices Falco in this game... At least that's what I heard.
What in the Devil... So Hayter is voicing Falco not Snake and Hayter has never had any affiliations to Star Fox ever

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Wikipedia isn't reliable I thought you would know better than to trust that site.
Well, do you happen to have any source on him being Samurai Goroh?
(not that it matters anymore anyways)
There's a part of me that loves this roster, but there's another part of me that's ticked off that clone characters made it in. Like, seriously? I remember an interview with Sakurai forever ago stating that he would avoid clones, and look what happened. Well..... oh well....

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wonder what is going to happen to the threads of characters that were cut....

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

No info on this.
Could be that WiiU game that was on the miiverse ages ago.
Though this is going to be a Multiplatform deal.

It would be sick to get a wii u collection with
Twin Snakes,Sons of Liberty,Snake Eater(With snake eater 3d content), Guns of the patroits, Peace Walker, and Rising.
I'm so going to get this if it doesn't come to wii u on my secondary console.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Damn! Mod just confirmed in the graveyard thread that in around 24 hours they'll be locking up all the character threads who didn't make it. Ridley thread is already done for but that was because the thread devolved into a complete flamewar. I've been lurking this thread since last year for possible snake news but only joined smashboards when the ESRB leak showed up. Wish I had joined earlier, but it's all in the past now. Best of luck in the future, everyone. Hope we can brawl on the battlefield in the future, hopefully with Snake.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Why didn't they just tell us why Snake didn't get in before this? If they got that random ass Rayman trophy, they could've got Snake back.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
R.I.P. Snake. You were my main in Brawl and before playing you, I had no understanding of any fundamentals. While my playstyle mostly revolved around tilt spamming and camping, I did develop the basis of my fighting game fundamentals through playing you in the form of Oki and spacing (pivot grabs mostly). I became a much better player in general because of your inclusion in Brawl. People called me a cheater when I played you, but I didn't care. I salute you.

(Corny, I know lol).

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Ctrl+F Smash
Oh, the page never loaded for me that's why XD
anyways, I'll be down on the DLC thread. This will also be my last post here in this thread. The game's roster was almost perfect for me (PAC MAN, MEGA MAN, SONIC (despite me not being the biggest fan), DUCK HUNT DOG, SHULK) but without Snake... well.... I mean, I'll still love the game, but he'll be missed big time.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It has been a rollercoaster alright. With all those high points of hope followed by big drops of disappointment, even up to this very day (Akio Otsuka doing voice work). It's just too bad the tracks never met safety requirements and so the rollercoaster flew off into the air, crashing terribly and killing many amusement park patrons.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well guys it was indeed a long run, I had a great time talking to everyone here, discussing our love for metal gear and stuff.Farewell Solid Snake, I'll see you again when I get MGS4.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You know i have a Theory
What if Konami intentionally wanted Snake as DLC and not on the Disc...

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I would love to add all of you on 3ds, Pm me if you would like to add me, but as for snake, he'll always be my favorite 3rd party smash character EVER, and nothing will change that, I'll continue to play him in project M happily and remember the times of convincing non Nintendo fans to play smash cause snake was there

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Too all of y'all I speculated with, I love you guys, I will continue to campaign for DLC, but these are my last words in this thread, I'll see all of you the day Snake returns but until then, it's been a real honor.

Top Bottom