• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Interview with Xander Mobus

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
"Show Me Your News!" is Smashboards' original Super Smash Bros. Brawl podcast from 2007, which continues to cover the latest video game news today!

IN THIS FEATURE:
You know him as the announcer in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS - voice actor Xander Mobus joins us for an insightful half-hour chat! What was it like to record all of those lines for the latest Smash Bros. game? How difficult was it to properly pronounce "Duck Hunt"? Was Masahiro Sakurai in the recording studio for direction? What was the process like for recording the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza? Youko, Solharath, Eevee, and CyberLink420 leave no stone unturned in this discussion with the man behind the voice that Smash fans now know well!

Show Me Your News is hosting its fifth annual Game of the Year award show! You can vote for finalists starting November 24 by visiting the thread on the SMYN Forums.

Check out the episode overview and listen to or download the .mp3 on the Show Me Your News website!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Out of all four announcers, I have to say that Xander's is my favorite. The original, however, come very close to second.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I can't believe this doesn't have more comments. It seems the masses are uneducated as to how coolio this Xander homie is.

D

Deleted member

is there like a written version of this? I reallly don't want to sit through a whole podcast.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Wow I didn't even realize it was 4 different people. The only complaint I have about the new guy, is when he announces certain names, he's not audible. (Jigglypuff comes to mind.)
I also can't stand how he says: "Bowser.................................................................................................................................................... Junior."

Buuuttt, that's not really his fault now is it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wow I didn't even realize it was 4 different people. The only complaint I have about the new guy, is when he announces certain names, he's not audible. (Jigglypuff comes to mind.)
I also can't stand how he says: "Bowser.................................................................................................................................................... Junior."

Buuuttt, that's not really his fault now is it.
I think Xander himself came up with how to say the names........

Greninja, Mega Man and Bowser Jr. are pretty good if you ask me, but Jiggs could've been named in a better, happier way rather than the Greninja rip-off it has right now

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Xander voice is epic.

I can't believe he know about mewtwo reveal all this time.
One of the best lie I ever seen ever.

Keep up the Hype Xander. That voice is majestic.

Top Bottom