• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#SmashTheRecord - Guinness World Record Marathon (Ft. Mango, Hbox, M2K, D1, HugS, Soft) (Orlando)

RagingCherry

Suuuuup!
NNID
RagingCherry
Gaming Knights, the Gaming Club at the University of Central Florida (and the group who host the CEO smash tournaments) was just recently allocated 55% of a Senate Bill ($4600) to host/break the Guinness World Record for “Longest Video Games Marathon Playing a Fighting Game”!! The current record is 48 hours, which we will break! The local gamers at UCF will be taking part in the record with the help of the Smash Community. Players who take part will be added to the back of the shirts and be able to play on VGBootCamps' stream! This event will take place in a 5,000 square foot ballroom in Orlando, Florida. We will also have access to two other rooms for gaming, and an outdoor patio area.

With such large space, we will be dedicating a large portion of it to Super Smash Bros. (Melee is the one we are breaking the record with), while the rest of the areas will be available for vendors and other games to be played. We wanted to make this event a big video game hangout.

With the help of the Smash community, we need to raise the other 45% (~$3,300) for this to happen! We already confirmed Mew2King, Mango, D1 and VGBootCamp to fly out to this event!!

Gaming Knights are not gaining any revenue from the event, so all money taken in during the event will go straight to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

We will be hosting a GoFundMe page (coming soon). All money brought in that surpasses our goal will go directly into the event (bringing more pro players, offering more services there, etc.)

Follow Gaming Knights: https://www.facebook.com/GamingKnights1

We are also launching a shirt campaign through Teespring (soon) to help raise funds/awareness for the event! We will be printing the gamertags of all those who order shirts on the back of them to show who supported the event!

The tournaments will all be free, but we will be asking for a $10 donation at the door which will go to charity!

If you would like to participate, help out or sponsor the event, please email Alex Chiricosta at 'cherry@knights.ucf.edu'

Last edited:

NotLeaf

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheGreatDelfini
Is there a venue fee or something similar to that?

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
I'm there, bro. May I help break the record? My previous record was when PM 3.0 came out, I played it for 32 hours straight before I couldn't take it anymore.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I hope I can go. I love what you're doing here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is there going to be organized bracket tournaments or can I just show up for a bit for some casuals? I'd love to stop by just to catch Mang0 and M2K

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Yes. That is exactly what I mean. Keep the thread B-B-Bumped.

@nateify

By what I get from it, there will be bracket stuff for Melee. But they say they want this to be a big video game hangout so I'm sure you can come just for friendlies.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
There should definitely be more tournaments/gatherings like these. Feels good to give back to the community or support a charity.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Most definitely, will have to take a day off work but worth it!

Edit: Actually, no I won't have to take off work, I'll just go during the day! Thank goodness for new overnight jobs!

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Is Zach Attack happening this time for real?
Aye you going to go to this? What day(s) are you going? I want Zach Attack to happen. If we play Melee, you get to laugh at me trying to figure out the Gamecube controller.

@ Nemy Nemy sorry, I didn't tag you the first time.

Anybody down for Brawl+(plus)? Or Custom Robo Arena?

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Aye you going to go to this? What day(s) are you going? I want Zach Attack to happen. If we play Melee, you get to laugh at me trying to figure out the Gamecube controller.
I'm hopefully staying for the whole thing if my ride is so kind. And don't worry, you'd get to laugh at me try to play Melee in general.

Anybody down for Brawl+(plus)Minus
Yes!

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, Zlf. I have never played Brawl Minus(can't find the place to download it) but I'm willing.

Also, more people I forgot to tag the first two times!

@UmmBees
@Jynxoxlyoy Megumi
@Master Raven

Sorry for the delay, guys. Sorry if I tagged the wrong person.

EDIT: Anybody want to bring a Nidhog setups with controllers for everyone to use? If you do, I will try to host a $3 Nidhog tourney for everyone. AkashicSword rules. Castle is the only starter. Wilds and clouds are counters. Stalling by moving the sword up and down to lock your opponent in it is banned.

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Just tweeted him, but why hasn't anyone tried to get HBox? He's pretty close to it.

Edit: Bump.

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to get a hold of HBox. If I knew, I would have.

Thanks for linking the teespring site. I was thinking about doing that today but you already did.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Anybody want to bring a Nidhog setups with controllers for everyone to use? If you do, I will try to host a $3 Nidhog tourney for everyone. AkashicSword rules. Castle is the only starter. Wilds and clouds are counters. Stalling by moving the sword up and down to lock your opponent in it is banned.
This. A million times this. I will be taking $1 NIdhog money matches.

Zlf. I have never played Brawl Minus(can't find the place to download it) but I'm willing.
This is Brawl Minus.

This is why you should play Brawl Minus.

This where you can download Brawl Minus.

You're all welcome.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Fullmental keep up the bumps.

Although I can't stand the controls, I'm looking forward to playing Melee and using Ness and Young Link like I did in the past.

Looking forward to this. Marking my imaginary calendar and will be blessed in the holy water of nature Viridi has provided me.

May Lady Palutena bless everyone.

20YY SS | Saiblade

3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Bump it up! Also, think any of the high level players would do friendlies or just money matches? Will the bracket affect the rankings? or is it just for fun? I'd really like to be listed in the rankings, but seeing as how this'll be my first "event" I haven't been.

EDIT 1: Added stuff

EDIT 2: Grammar and errors

Last edited:
Top Bottom