• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#SmashTheRecord 2015 - Registration, Schedule, Stretch Goals, and more announced!

pokemon64ism

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LemyKoopa
#SmashTheRecord is back again this year in Orlando, Florida! #SmashTheRecord was a Smash event held last year where top Falcon main "Gahtzu" stayed up for 72 hours to break the world record for “Longest Video Games Marathon Playing a Fighting Game”, all while raising almost $14,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The event also hosted a tournament featuring players such as Mew2King, Mango, and Hungrybox, as well as other matches/activities that made #SmashTheRecord 2014 a great time.

This year's #SmashTheRecord is shaping out to be even bigger and better than last year. The event will host tournaments for Melee, Smash 4, and Smash 64. Many top Melee/Smash 4 players and speed runners are confirmed to be in attendance, including Lucky, Westballz, S2J, SFAT, MacD, Zhu, Cactuar, Plup, Wizzrobe, Colbol, Gahtzu, ZeRo, Nairo, NAKAT, Cosmo, Siglemic, witwix, trihex, and more! There will also be other events, such as a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament and a dance party for every $10,000 raised. Additionally, there are many fun stretch goals for the event, and all the money raised will go to St. Judes.

Registration for #SmashTheRecord 2015 is on smash.gg, and hotel booking can be found here. The event schedule can be found here. The tournaments will be streamed on VGBootCamp and Versus Gaming Center, so don't miss out!

Finally, be sure to follow the event organizers on Twitter: RagingCherry, Versus Gaming Center, the #SmashTheRecord Twitter page, and Gaming Knights.

Pokemon64ism is hyped for #SmashTheRecord 2015. You can follow him on Twitter @Pokemon64ism.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Very hyped for this event. Cool to see proceeds going to charity.

So many melee players whine about small pot bonuses compared to other Fighting games, but we definitley know how to raise money for charity better than any other FGC.

Smash Ace
Very hyped for this event. Cool to see proceeds going to charity.

So many melee players whine about small pot bonuses compared to other Fighting games, but we definitley know how to raise money for charity better than any other FGC.
Seems like the "super saiyan guy" is back from getting burned by omni lol
Edit: No I am not trying to offend anyone

Last edited:

Jya

Smash Rookie
Yeah yeah all this stuff about melee tournaments but let's keep in mind this rock paper scissors tournament is the beginning of the metagame that will be upon us when 20xx finally arrives

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
What record are we breaking?

Last time this had all sorts of random games rought in by random people and it was a blast. Will we be allowed to bring random games this time? Like project M, Brawl Minus, Mario Kart 64

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I REALLY want to go, but it depends on if I have anyone to go with, and after TFC and AWA, if I can afford it.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Why even bother mentioning that? He made a perfectly civil post just now, no need to bring up the past.
Hey that's really nice of you to say :)

Don't worry about it though, I'll probably end up stirring the pot in the near future. Although I'm gonna take it easy on that stuff for now while the infraction points still need to go away

Top Bottom