• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashPad App Trailer Released

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks to a successful Kickstarter drive that concluded early this year, major advancements have been made in a mobile device app that's all about competitive smash. The app now has an updated UI overhaul, looking more sleek and professional than before. The goals remains the same as promised though: frame data for characters easily accessible, player locators, stream/VOD accessibility and more. The homepage will feature top news articles from sites like Smashboards and Melee It On Me to keep players in the loop for major announcements in the smash community. The trailer helps to showcase the app in action to help better demonstrate these features.

The app is expecting to launch this year for iOS devices, and development is in process for Android support as well. With a customizable homepage allowing for rearrangement of streams, news, and more the app is sure to be a hit with the competitive smash community.

SmashPad is not a affiliated with Smashboards. It is a crowdfunded product organized by @Praxis.

Will you be using the SmashPad app? Let me know your thoughts by following me on Twitter. -Xiivi

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
This has a huge, monstruous potential impact on the community. The most important thing is that It will be easier to spread the word of Smash.

My high hopes are in.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
VERY excited for this for sure! Can't wait for that Android port, this is gonna be really huge for Smash.

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
yes yes yes!!!! this is what the smash community has been missing!!! this will be such an amazing resource thank you for doing this!!! and please hurry on the android application!!!

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Wow. Is there a donation page for this project? I don't ever donate but this is easily something worth throwing a couple bucks at. Supremely excited for it's release.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Is it a free app? If not, how much are we talking about? Also bummed about the Android wait.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Is Sm4sh support gonna be in there at launch, or is it only gonna have frame data / tourney location / player location support for Melee? Because if it's a Melee-only app, not interested.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Awesome! I am a bit bummed about the Android release being later, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. The play locator is pretty cool, too.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Awesome work on the project, hoping the android option wont be much further beyond its release

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Man I'm super excited for this. Hopefully the frame data is for all games(except maybe Wii U cause it just came out), but really as long as there's 64 and Melee support I'm fine.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Looking forward to the huge impact this will have on the community. Too bad I'm too poor to have a phone.

D

Deleted member

Is Sm4sh support gonna be in there at launch, or is it only gonna have frame data / tourney location / player location support for Melee? Because if it's a Melee-only app, not interested.
It reads "The Smash Brothers Guide", it doesn't read "The Melee Guide".

Mr. Blue Sky

Smash Cadet
How long will he have to wait for an Android version? An app like this seems like a perfect fit for the platform and a lot of Smashers have Samsung phones from my experience.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
That trailer did such a great job of showing what it can do. Can't wait to download it for android.

I personally like the idea of being at a tournament and if I am curious about a character's move I can look it up and see how fast it comes out or how much lag it has. Very cool

is it also for SMash 4?
Did you not see 1fow1's stream icon? He is one of the most popular sm4sh streamers on Twitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom