• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted DLC Newcomer Day 19: Travis Touchdown vs. Dark Samus

Who do you WANT more?

• Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Dark Samus (Metroid)

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cacatod12

Smash Cadet
We need the inkling from splatoon to be a DLC character. Imagine what it would be like to shoot ink at the floor and travel incredibly fast through it in squid form.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
We need the inkling from splatoon to be a DLC character. Imagine what it would be like to shoot ink at the floor and travel incredibly fast through it in squid form.
R-relevant...?

Anyhow, Travis Touchdown because Dark Samus is Clone 101 and we all know Sakurai. Gooood ol Sakurai.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dark Samus an obvious clone, yeah, just like how Rosalina is a clone of Peach.

Dark Samus in her AT form is more unique than Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit combined.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Hum, I'm not far enough in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and I haven't fought Dark Samus yet, but I guess her phazon abilities could be enough to distinguish herself from regular Samus. And if there's not enough material from her boss fights for a complete moveset, then you could give her some phazon-based abilities used by regular Samus, which would make perfect sense considering Dark Samus is a being made of phazon.

My opinion on Travis Touchdown after watching a friend playing No More Heroes 2 for about a quarter of an hour:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Dark Samus would be a clone"
*looks at AT*

So yeah a vote for Dark Samus as much as I'd like a Beam Katana wielder.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Eh, Dark Samus is just too similar to Samus visually; they're literal clones, yes, but Dark Samus is just asking to be given the Dark Pit treatment. :p

Travis would at least be unique from other sword-wielders, especially since some of the stuff he pulls off in the No More Heroes series makes his moveset potential more obvious. Dark Samus works fine as an AT, let's leave her/it that way. Travis gets my vote.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
People expected a Space Peach, essentially.

Voted for DS.

:231:
I never thought about the idea of Rosalina being playable in Smash prior to her confirmation and I didn't really care about SSB4's speculation scene until early 2014 anyway so... let me guess...

Neutral B: counter with a Luma instead of a Toad
Side B: butt rush with a star shape instead or a heart
Up B: magic jump then she can control gravity to reduce her falling speed
Down B: she generates a Star Bit then she can throw it like an item
Final Smash: she does a gracious dance, star bits fall from the sky, the "Level complete" theme from Mario Galaxy plays, and everyone falls asleep

:teeth:

This is want not who has the better chance.
Otherwise Ridley would have lost his vote instead of putting down Ashley.
Though Ashley is ineligible as well (Assist Trophy), so that's not a really good comparison.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dark Samus because Travis doesn't have "Da Phazon" and she/it was the best thing about the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Suck on that Beam Katana, Travis!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Neither, Henry Cooldown.
What's that, I have to choose? Well then, I'm going with Travis. Even though his first line of in-game dialogue was "****HEADS!", he'd still be a good addition to the roster. Who am I kidding, no he wouldn't, but at least he's unique from your average sword-wielder, which is more than I can say for someone who's literally named Dark Samus.

Top Bottom