• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted DLC Newcomer Day 18: Phoenix Wright vs. Banjo and Kazooie

Who do you WANT more?

• Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Objection! Banjo and Kazooie are considered unlikely due to their rights being owned by the console competing opponent Microsoft.

Since Capcom's trademark is already involved with Smash and the Ace Attorney franchise had been successful on Nintendo platforms, Phoenix Wright is the superior choice of the two.

Last edited:
Objection! Banjo and Kazooie are considered unlikely due to their rights being owned by the console competing opponent Microsoft.

Hold it! this is want not likelihood. Thus your point has no meaning.

Since Capcom's trademark is already involved with Smash and the Ace Attorney franchise had been successful on Nintendo platforms, Phoenix Wright is the superior choice of the two.

phoenix is already in a competitor of smash. UMVC3. We cant have a company fighting itself now can we.

The bear and bird gey my vote for being amazing

We all knew this was coming

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

This one's kind of tough. I just bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy for the 3DS, and I really enjoy it (I just finished the fourth case)...

...but not only are Banjo and Kazooie a major part of my childhood, but it's incredibly easy for me to envision them in Smash Bros. due to how many moves they have in their own games.

Even if their games have ceased to exist as of late, I still would really like to see them in Smash Bros. if there was even a remote possibility!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally more connected with Phoenix Wright more, so I vote for him. :p
IMO he would be a much fresher character to play as than Banjo and Kazooie (Even though I played it on the original N64)

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Banjo and Kazooie are pretty much the only characters I want to be playable in Smash at this point. The chances of it happening now are pretty much nothing, though, and I do really like the Ace Attorney series as well.

That said, Phoenix Wright is (oddly enough) my least favorite of all the characters you can play as in that series. As much as I still like his character and his series in general, my vote has to go to Banjo and Kazooie for this one.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Phoenix Wright and Banjo-Kazooie both started out as fantastic games. Completely different in every way.

However, whereas Phoenix Wright evolved into a verrry popular franchise with a helluva lot of games, Banjo became a mechanic and drove off into the distance without giving me a chance to vote for him.

Not like I would have anyway. Ooooh... TAKE THAT!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Voted for Banjo and Kazooie. Even though they're a pretty much impossible addition and I never had the opportunity to play their game, I know how popular and influent it is and I think they would probably be the most hype-inducing third-party characters for the Smash community if they somehow made in SSB at this point. (Though this hype would probably be due to how unlikely they are, at least partially.)

Don't care much for Ace Attorney.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I'll kill you for forcing me to choose between two of my absolute favourites.

My vote goes to Phoenix Wright.

:231:

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
Well, this was a tough one. I didn't really want to vote for Banjo-Kazooie because they're under the ownership of Microsoft, and therefore have just as much of a chance at making a smash roster as Master Chief. At the same time, I know very little about Phoenix Wright because I haven't played any of his games, so I wasn't sure about him either. I ended up going with my heart on this one instead of my head and went with Banjo-Kazooie. Even though Phoenix Wright has a much better chance at the roster, I have actually played Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, so I'm at least familiar with them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aaaaaaand the Bear and Bird appears to be winning this round. See Microsoft, this is what happens when you break the hearts of his fans!

Last edited:
Top Bottom