• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted DLC Newcomer Day 17: Girahim vs. Dixie Kong

Who do you WANT more?

• Girahim (LoZ)

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Dixie Kong (DK)

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I think it would be kind of cool to have another villain character, as well as a Zelda rep from a more recent game, but I feel like Dixie Kong should get in for all her appearances in the Donkey Kong games, and for the fact that Donkey Kong's got only 2 reps, compared to Legend of Zelda's 5 (4 if you don't count Sheik, but yeah).

While it'd probably be funner to me to beat people down as Ghirahim, I'm going to give my vote to Dixie.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Dixie should have been a palette swap for Diddy. I feel the same way about Daisy and Peach, and it would have been a nice touch to have Daisy use Toadette as her neutral special.I also think Ms. Pacman as a palette swap for Pacman would have been cool.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Honestly, I just about picked Dixie out of the fact that she definitely deserves the spot much more than a one-game Zelda villain but... Screw you it says I can pick whoever I want.
I pick Girahim. He was just a really neat villain. And although I'd rather set the Groose loose in Smash4, I definitely enjoyed all the tongue thrashing Girahim has to offer.

eew tongue thrashing

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong.
I'm pretty surprised that DK lacks a newcomer and some content, especially when the series received a critically and commercially acclaimed revival. She also deserves her spot for these merits as well as being a popular character in general.
As much as I like Ghirahim, I don't think he should get in over Dixie Kong. He's a one-off Zelda villain, a popular one at that but he's still a one-off. Maybe he could get in the next game if he has a major role in the new Zelda Wii U game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong. When people started pointing out a lot more female characters were being added this is the only one I wanted to see.

Despite being the very next character I think of when I think 'Nintendo heroine' right after Samus Aran, she's one of the few important Nintendo females to miss out.

I was warming up to Ghirahim too, but Dixie takes priority for me.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Dixie, all day every day. More important character to Nintendo and to her franchise.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dixie. Ghirahim is fabulous and @ Kenith Kenith has done a lot to endear me to him, buuut I've actually played DKC2 and DKC3.

:231:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I'd prefer Ghirahim. I think he'd be more interesting.

I don't have much of an opinion on Dixie, although I think she's a bit bland to be honest. If King K Rool didn't exist I'd probably support her for the DK fans.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm in a pretty similar situation with FalKoopa, except I actually played Skyward Sword 100%, therefore I vote for Ghirahim.
100% clearing Skyward Sword should make you a Impa supporter, not a Ghirahim supporter. :smirk:

Dixie has my vote btw. Long overdue, and it's honestly a blasphemy that she isn't on the roster.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
My vote goes to Dixie.

I do like Ghirahim and think he would be an interesting character, but Dixie appeals to more with her helicopter hair having the potential to make a very fun moveset.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A series veteran or a one time character (not counting spin-offs).
Yeah I'm going for the Vet.
Dixie Kong it is.

Top Bottom