• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted DLC Newcomer Day 16: Tails vs. N

Who do you WANT more?

• Tails (Sonic)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • N (Pokémon)

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Normally I'd vote for the Nintendo character over the third party character that's already got it's main lead in Smash, but Tails is special to me. He was my first ever console game character I played as, and one of the few Sonic characters I genuinely like.

Tails.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Voted for Tails. The possibility of Mario and Luigi vs. Sonic and Tails easily trumps what I know about N.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
An all-star third party against a one-time RPG character in a franchise with plenty of exposure?

Yeah, going with Tails on this one. They already have a basis for Sonic movesets by combining moves from Sonic The Fighters and Sonic Battle, so it'd be easy to make him unique from Sonic. N would be....kind of generic because we don't have switching characters (throwing the "use him to revive Pokemon Trainer" concept out).

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Voted for N, I have no idea how he'd play, but I'd like his addicion

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
Tails!!

Luigi vs. Tails would be really cool. Plus he's pretty dang adorable.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tails. N is a great tragic villain and all, but Tails is much more iconic and senior.

:231:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Tails I guess.

I'm not that crazy on the Pokemon Trainer concept, at least I can give Red a pass since he was the first to use the mechanic but it's not unique anymore. Not to mention the newest smash getting rid of transformations pretty much means N would have to fight by himself, which makes no sense.

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
Well, I'm too late to vote, but I would have voted for Tails. Having not played very much of Pokemon Black, my knowledge of N is very limited, and I don't see many possibilites for his moveset either. Tails on the other hand, is a character that rightfully deserves a spot on the Smash roster, in my opinion, at least. Not only is he one of my favorite video game characters of all time, but I see so much potential for his moveset. For his up special, he could fly around with his tails for a few seconds, kind of similar to Pit's up special in Brawl, except maybe a little faster. He could also have his "Rapid Tails Attack" from Adventure 1 for his side special or his running attack. I would go more into depth, but this post would go on WAY too long if I did. Anyway, between Tails and N, I think Tails is clearly the better choice, and I'm very happy to know that he won this round.

Top Bottom