• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Updates

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Hey Smashers, Warchamp7 here with a few updates for everyone.

We're recently made a few updates to the site to improve the user experience, with a focus on helping out our newer users. One of these additions is a new 'Recent Activity' block in the sidebar. Here, you'll be able to see the most recent things happening on Smashboards, updated in real time.

If you so choose, you can change this feed to only display activity from the people you're following. This live updating functionality will also apply to the actual pages for your News Feed and Recent Activity.

Another new addition to the sidebar is the Smashboards Spotlight. Here we'll be listing the best things on Smashboards everyone should be checking out. For the debut, we've got part 2 of the Smashboards Guide Contest, the awesome user-compiled 3DS Patch Notes and the main info thread for Apex 2015.

The biggest change we're making however is to the main Forum index. We've had feedback from many users about Smashboards being very intimidating at first and we're hoping this visual update will help alleviate that issue and more clearly lay out the many boards available for discussion in a friendlier manner.

Before and after comparison of the forum index. Much cleaner!

Users who enjoyed having the latest post from each forum displayed on the index need not worry about their disappearance though! Under your Preferences you'll find a new option to display them once again if you so choose.

We hope all of these updates together will make your time on Smashboards even better than before!

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Woah, I liked this post, and the recent activity bar updated to notify me of my liking of this post. Amazing.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Really diggin' that new look. A lot better than the last one.

Though I am gonna keep my preferences so that I can still see the latest posts from forums/sub-forums. That part has always been really convenient for me.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is a nice new design. I really like it.

Now if only you could update the banner (with Robin, Zamus, Sheik, Falcon, Little Mac... and Roy of all characters) to a banner with different characters.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That is a nice new design. I really like it.

Now if only you could update the banner (with Robin, Zamus, Sheik, Falcon, Little Mac... and Roy of all characters) to a banner with different characters.
It currently shows a newcomer in each game

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
I tried to use the site, and find there's an update going on, and irritated that I couldn't use Smashboards.

Come back later to find something actually pretty useful, so I'm all happy now.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Warchamp7, is it possible to make the subforums in Smash 64 into actual forums so that they can show up when you click on Smash 64 like the other games?

For example, if I go on Melee, I can see general discussion, character discussion, and media. However, if I go on Smash 64, I only see general discussion. It'd be nice if you can have the subforums show up like online events, character discussion, and videos.

Last edited:

Thearnaud44

Smash Rookie
Nice! Maybe you could change the background, black makes it less welcoming imo and since the new games just came out you should be getting some new members like me.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So, if someone doesn't allow anyone to see his profile (accept mods and admin of course) they can now see his profile? Please don't do that. Thanks and great work.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
New design looks clean, for sure. Many thanks for the Latest Post feature under Preferences. I missed them.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
But I still miss being able to see the latest post in all the sub-boards, too (Smash 3DS, etc). Extra clicking, meh.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ugh what is this Windows 8 cogwheel and banana nonsense.

Ah well this is just how new has to be I guess :/

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I like it. It's clean and nice. :D

Also Ness and Ike are up there next to the text that says "Smashboards Update" which makes me happy. c:

D

Deleted member 278362

[ removed ]

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't like it IMO, it's a lot less convenient (a lot more clicking/searching) and deters me from exploring new threads that I haven't posted in as they pop up. Curiosity is what brought me to other boards, now I'll have to keep track of certain boards with multiple tabs and have little reason to check out the rest of the site.

If we could further un-collapse reach respective option (the ones that have multiple smaller boards) to see the latest updates within each board I'd prefer that better.

EDIT: Saw in preferences you can change things a bit more, which is great, but I'd still like to see more options.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The new layout is awesome, but shouldn't the layout inside the Smash 4 boards have the 3DS and Wii General Discussions sub-boards placed beside each other?

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
If I could make a suggestion about the new news feed, I would say that it'd be great if you could set it to only show you the recent activity of the forums you watch. For example, I don't really care much about what goes on in the Brawl and Smash 4 forums since I really don't play either of those games, but I DO care about what happens in the Project M forums.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If I could make a suggestion about the new news feed, I would say that it'd be great if you could set it to only show you the recent activity of the forums you watch. For example, I don't really care much about what goes on in the Brawl and Smash 4 forums since I really don't play either of those games, but I DO care about what happens in the Project M forums.
The Recent Activity tab has an arrow button on it. Click it and set it to Show only my news feed.

I<3Tacos

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-3537-0736
I like it, looks very clean. A++ would recommend.

Narpas_sword

The top level Categories entire box are a link, but once you click on a game, the sub category links are the text only and not the box.
Needs a fix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom