• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Sponsors Smash Studios

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Bellevue, WA - Smashboards, the worlds largest site dedicated to Super Smash Brothers and home of the competitive Smash community with over 140,000 members, has entered into a sponsorship agreement with Smash Studios. The sponsorship deal will help continue to build the quality and strength of Super Smash Brothers streaming. Smash Studios started streaming in May, 2013, and has quickly grown to be one of the three largest dedicated Smash streamers in North America. As part of the sponsorship agreement, viewers can look forward to a special launch stream on October 3rd for Super Smash Brothers 3DS - stay tuned for more details and make sure to subscribe to Smash Studios on Twitch.

"Our goal at Smash Studios has always been to grow the Smash Bros. community. We feel we can best accomplish our goals with our partnership with Smashboards. Smashboards is a valuable resource for new and veteran players alike and has been instrumental to the continued success of our community. We are excited to see the growth we can achieve with this partnership." - Onish "Flow" Jain, Evan "PB&J" Holland

About Smashboards
Smashboards is the largest community of players and fans of the Super Smash Brothers series. Established in 2000, the site boasts over 140,000 members and over 15,000,000 posts. The hub of the Super Smash Brothers community, fans make thousands of posts daily, discussing everything from Smash news to Smash tournaments. The site has grown tremendously over the years, most recently launching a news portal and a ranking system to catalogue Smash tournament results. Visit www.smashboards.com to join the Smash community today. Smashboards is a property of Xyelot LLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Hey, I'm not going to say no to some epic streaming by big names. I'm definitely for it.

ugh

Smash Rookie
SmashStudios is a cancer upon this community and so is PB&J. Ask anyone who has ever dealt with him in a business setting. His "company" sponsors it's players by scamming other people and otherwise being scum/shady.

On top of that, SmashStudios sucks at what it does. 10 years can and do put together better looking and run streams than his. The only reason anyone follows this ****** is because he raffles off **** he gets from scamming other players into paying for bull****.

I made an account to just to ****ing post this to let everyone in the community know. You shouldn't EVER work with smashstudios, they will do nothing but **** you over and perpetuate their shadiness.

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
Events I've been to that had him streaming were poor quality streams with equipment that wasn't his? Why is he a notable streamer?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he even has his own stream equipment. All he ever does is piggyback off of whatever is brought to the venue and then play friendlies all day instead of actually run the stream...

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Smash Studios are good at what they are doing, and I still promised to donate to them which I haven't done ._.

Renth

Smash Hero
public shaming of anyone is not okay. This thread should be for congratulations. Any issue with smash studios should be taken to smash studios directly.

Last edited:

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Not in approval of this one. FP3 was streamed on Smashstudios, and we did not enjoy working with PBnJ.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
My experiences with PB&J even before I knew him are all nothing but positive. If anyone has an issue with SmashStudios or PB&J, for best results, you should probably take up your issues directly with PB&J or SmashStudios. Publicly attacking a group that has tried to provide the smash community with a great service is not only bad internally for our community, but it also promotes unnecessary drama.

Last edited:

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Why, what happened?
With Fight Pitt 3, we streamed on his channel. Our main stream guy has a boatload of angry PMs on FB demanding we put Mango and M2K on stream or whenever something he didn't like was on stream. Overall, the tone was pretty unprofessional, and that's when we said "never again".

While that was less than ideal, it's not grounds by itself to make this post. The nail in the coffin was Ytown Throwdown, which hit about 100 Smashers. For reference, Youngstown is about an hour away from Pittsburgh, so PGH is pretty involved. The TO got in touch with Smashstudios to stream. PBnJ came to the tournament, but left all his equipment at home. Thanks to beanwolf (20XX video tutorial creator) who brought his equipment for side recording, the stream was saved if only barely.

There are some additional details that I am not 100 percent certain on. In the interest of being professional, I won't comment on what I can't provide evidence for, but I believe I am within my bounds to say that my experiences with PBnJ and Smashstudios were not positive, so I'm not in favor of sponsorship. That's where I'm at

Last edited:

Str8Wu

Smash Cadet
SmashStudios is a cancer upon this community and so is PB&J. Ask anyone who has ever dealt with him in a business setting. His "company" sponsors it's players by scamming other people and otherwise being scum/shady.

On top of that, SmashStudios sucks at what it does. 10 years can and do put together better looking and run streams than his. The only reason anyone follows this ****er is because he raffles off **** he gets from scamming other players into paying for bull****.

I made an account to just to ****ing post this to let everyone in the community know. You shouldn't EVER work with smashstudios, they will do nothing but **** you over and perpetuate their shadiness.
Can't please everybody

Str8Wu

Smash Cadet
My experiences with PB&J even before I knew him are all nothing but positive. If anyone has an issue with SmashStudios or PB&J, for best results, you should probably take up your issues directly with PB&J or SmashStudios. Publicly attacking a group that has tried to provide the smash community with a great service is not only bad internally for our community, but it also promotes unnecessary drama.
It's a lot of talking behind the back which I don't like

PB&J

Smash Hero
All we want to do @ Smash Studios is Make the Scene Grow , Stream good content , give back to the community and have fun :)

RFN

Smash Rookie
I have never seen anything negative spawn from smash studios. I think that the partnership between smash studios and smashboards will only accelerate the growth and development of the smash community. For those who aren't fans of the atmosphere created by ss streams (which I would sum up as "fun"), my advice would simply be as follows: do not watch. Myself and the rest of Smash Studio's fans can easily continue enjoying the content posted and streamed. Thank you to smashboards for supporting a group myself and others believe in and enjoy, and thank you to smash studios for putting effort into something that all of us love to do.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I like the Smashstudios streams overall, sometimes there are a few debatable details. As I see it, the sponsorship will fix some of those issues dued to better equipment so I don't see anything negative about it.

Jesseyo

Smash Apprentice
I'm against this sponsorship. I have worked with PB&J to help grow his channel in the past and did not ask for anything in return. He constantly ignored me for whatever was popular at the time to get more followers even though I had done a lot of work for him. He only spoke to me when he needed something done. He also wouldn't even credit me for my work on the stream.

PB&J is also one of the laziest streamers I've ever seen. He constantly plays the smash documentary that we have all seen hundreds of times, while randomly talking to chat. If the documentary was copyright protected, he would have never been made a twitch partner. Everything to this man is making money out of as little work as possible while stepping on the heads of the people who are trying to help him.

Very much the largest gravy-train rider of any streamer, and this was a poor sponsorship on SWF. Evan will abuse this.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I heard a lot and a lot of bad stuff about SS and experienced some of this myself while I was with Salty Playground (not gonna comment on what exactly happened since I am not a part of SYPG anymore and my opinion should not get connected to the opinion of SYPG)

Also a whole bunch of people warned me and others of ever working together with SS because apparently all pbnj is doing is trying to make money with smash (quote by a top player).

I dont trust pbnj or SS for a reason and I think neither should somebody else.

Edit: also streams are of really bad quality

Edit: note that SS has a lot of supporters who will always tell that the bad stuff being sad about SS is not true, even if they know better

Last edited:
Top Bottom