• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Additions:
-Ray MK
-Pokemon Trainer
-Diddy
-Mach Rider

Forbidden Seven: King Dedede, Zelda, Peach, Lucario, Andy, Lip, Dillon

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Sorry about being late. Seriously didn't get tagged until now:

Roster Evolution 2 Round 10.png

Tetra sails in! Since Zelda/Sheik is in my Forbidden 7, Tetra acts as a good replacement, while at the same time represents the Wind Waker series.

Samurai Goroh races in! If Mother can have 2 reps, why not F-Zero?

Chorus Men sing in! Seeing a large amount of rosters with Rhythm Heaven characters wanted me to add this trio.

Shulk forsees a fight! In celebration of Shulk being revealed for Smash 4, I decided to add him.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'll add mine later today. I have to do some work for my classes first.

SWF Evolution Round 8.png

Added Duck Hunt Dog, Chibi Robo, Lip and Dillon.

Honerable Mentions: Forbidden Seven/Eight, Captain Rainbow, Lucas, Wonder Red

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Wow, you must have gotten very lucky with the seven you cut.
I really did. Especially since I was the only person who didn't cut Luigi or Peach. The only one that kind of sucks is Little Mac, but I can wait. Also Ganondorf, but Ganon works just fine.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Lets face it, we all knew xenoblade music was coming)
So late start here. . . Spells great knews for the remainder of this game.
Anyway just an reminder that this is an double elimination meaning whoever has the highest and second highest will find themselves putting their stops here.
Vote once and explain why, let's get it underway.
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Angelglory -

Sunnydust -

Thezombiepig -

Yoshiandtoad -

Mr_Anderson -

The light music club -

Yams -

Dukenapoleon -

Kylexv -

Smashermaster -

Golden icarus -

[/Collapse]

Click here to vote
Elimination will end Wednesday 11pm Pacific.

Chase

Smash Ace
The Light Music Club for mediocre series balance. F-Zero and Mario have the same amount of characters...something's wrong there.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The Light Music Club for mediocre series balance. F-Zero and Mario have the same amount of characters...something's wrong there.
That's not enough of a reason for me, as Zombie Pig did the same thing. We both have Luigi and Peach in out forbidden seven, so yeah.

Voted for Duke since he has more Donkey Kong than Zelda.

Whatever, I probably won't be able to finish this game anyway, as I'm leaving the boards soon.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voted for DukeNapoleon, for having 4 Pokemon characters and 3 DK characters, but only 2 Zelda characters.

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I voted for DukeNapoleon for only 2 Zelda characters. I almost voted Light Music Club for having Inkling, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, adios all.
At least I get to end with the best organized roster. Notice how it mirrors with combatants who could almost potentially be rivals, while still sticking to series families per side, eh? And it is a heart, because <3 Smash.

*should have added Vaati or not added Diddy*

Anywho, my vote is going to be for someone who has characters who I don't think deserve to be characters in the game, rather than on a numerical representation of series :X
Undecided on whom yet.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I voted for AngelGlory. I just do not like that Bandana Dee is there over Meta Knight. (I know that since the Forbidden 7 rule, but either way.)

Also, I noticed that I got a vote. And I hope the person who voted for me will say why, so I can hopefully improve my roster.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Whoops! I accidently put in Ganondorf instead of Ganon! Meaning I kind of broke the forbidden 7 rule. I'll make an edited version with Ganon in if you want me to. Hopefully that's not too major of a mistake.

As for my vote: abstain, for now.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I voted for Angelglory. I just do not like that Bandana Dee is there over Meta Knight. (I know that since the Forbidden 7 rule, but either way.)

Also, I noticed that I got a vote. And I hope the person who voted for me will say why, so I can hopefully improve my roster.
That was me, actually. I decided my vote on certain criteria:
-Character choice, Series balance, etc.

But one specific thing I looked at was Pokemon reps, everyone is guilty of saturating the PokeReps with Gen 1. That wasn't the only deciding factor, but that's what got you the vote in the end. Not only was it all Gen 1, but included a Pokemon Trainer-type with three Gen 1 Pokemon. It was a close running, although who else was near the chopping block for me will remain secret for this round.

(I also debated on another Kirby character instead of Banana Doo, but we'll see how next round goes.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Voted for Light because of the overall representation stated above as well.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Voted angelglory, I'm not fond of having Bandana Dee and Sheik over Meta Knight and Zelda.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(I think i've been playing to many rpgs, to an point where it became a bad thing)
So. . . Interesting day in the votes.
The first elimintee was @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club appears reasoning was odd overall representation, or something, not many people actually explained their votes *glares*
Though the second is interesting, @ Angelglory Angelglory was actually elminated instead of @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon who expected himself to go, looks like the dee saved ya mate.
Anyway were halfway through the players now and things are looking awkward with the forbidden 7 hanging around, so they get added back into the rosters. . . All, as in required.

All 7 of your forbidden 7 must be part of your roster.
For some this is an lucky break, for others. . . I don't know, we'll see how it goes
40 slots 7 replacements do what you do mates.
[Collapse=vote count]
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • dukenapoleon 4 (19.05%)
  • yoshiandtoad 0 (0%)
  • Golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • mr_Anderson 0 (0%)
  • yams 1 (4.76%)
  • thezombiepig 0 (0%)
  • the light music club 7 (33.33%)
  • angelglory 5 (23.81%)
  • smashermaster 3 (14.29%)
  • kylexv 1 (4.76%)

[/Collapse]
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/collapse]

We'll continue as usual on Saturday 11pm, Pacific or earlier.
Whoops! I accidently put in Ganondorf instead of Ganon! Meaning I kind of broke the forbidden 7 rule. I'll make an edited version with Ganon in if you want me to. Hopefully that's not too major of a mistake.

As for my vote: abstain, for now.
Really I've didn't even notice.
Though I do update this half asleep a half the time so ya.
Anyway considering this round I don't think it matters to much

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Seems like the whole saying who you voted for and why tends to lead to other people suddenly voting for them as well.

Whatevs, I'll be back next game and win. :4villager:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Next game I hope more than one or two people explain why the heck they voted for me. This round was a flop, if only I made it to where I could bring back the forbidden seven. Don't worry, I'll be back in October if we play again.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
ROSTER EVOLUTION - PART 2 - 10 Roster.png

Added Luigi, Peach, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Charizard, Lucario & Chibi-Robo (Forbidden 7)
Cut Andy, Marshal, Ray, Takamaru, Samurai Goroh, Balloon Fighter & Wonder Red

Total series : 25

Last edited:

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Have to include all forbidden 7? GG mates, I'm gone. My previous choice of Blaziken seems like it screwed me over again! At least I got to ten rounds, so that's pretty neat.

Cut: Ice Climbers, Peach, Vaati, Dillon, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Wonder Red
Forbidden Seven: Takamaru, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik, Ray, Diddy, Blaziken, Chibi-Robo

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Cut: Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, Team Rocket, Wonder Red, Mach Rider, K Rool, Ray MK
Added: Zelda, Peach, King Dedede, Dillon, Andy, Lip, Lucario

Rosters are lookin pretty shallow :( So tiny.

Yams

Smash Journeyman

I'm really glad I had a lot of easy cuts this round.

Cuts: King K Rool, Mother Brain, Vaati, Lucario, Meowth, Chorus Kids, Takamaru
Additions: Diddy Kong, Ridley, Zelda, Charizard, King Dedede, Andy, Karate Joe,

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution11.png

Added:
Peach
Luigi
Zelda
Mach Rider
Andy
Charizard
Dillon

Cuts this round: Saki, Sami, Porky, Starfy, Goroh, Ray, Ice Climbers.
Sami was directly replaced by Andy.
Saki, Starfy, and Ray I felt shouldn't be kept over Marshal, Chibi Robo and Isaac.
Ice Climbers were cut because I didn't want too many retros.
Goroh and Porky were unfortunate losses, and I'd definitely like to get them back soon.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Evolution Round 10.png

Added: Peach, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf/Ganon, Mewtwo, Andy, Ice Climbes and Marshall

Cuts: Saki, Takamaru, Lip, Samurai Goroh, Giovanni, King K Rool, Vaati (I plan on readding them all back in later, when possible)

Honerable Mentions: Saki, Takamaru, Lip, Samurai Goroh, Giovanni, King K Rool, Vaati

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Man. Some difficult cuts had to be made.

• Princess Peach checks if Starfy's invincible due to him being a star. He was not. STARFY CUT.
  • Inkling transforms Medusa into a monster. For the second time. I feel sorry for her, really. MEDUSA CUT.
  • King K. Rool captures what appears to be another pesky kong. RHYTHM MONKEY CUT.
  • Shulk uses the power of the Monado to slice another poor innocent machine to bits. CHIBI ROBO CUT. LITERALLY.
  • King Dedede blasts Meowth off again during monster clobbering practice. He got confused I guess. MEOWTH CUT.
  • Queen/Princess Zelda once again ruins Tetra's character, this time by burning her existence off of the roster. TETRA CUT.
  • Captain Toad makes his triumphant return by...changing his clothes. TOAD CUT(?)
I have to say...some of those cuts hurt. Meowth and Medusa I love to bits, and during this slaughter I accidentally offed three series. I'll try and add someone from each back as soon as possible, but I felt the other series were overall bigger deals.

Still; my Mario crew is complete for a bit with Peach and Captain Toad making them the big Mario 8, and Zelda probably deserves to be on more than Tetra...maybe I'll avoid adding any Zelda characters for a while too...admittedly it's hard due to Hyrule Warriors having me pumped for all things Zelda. Not very happy about Meowth leaving though. Love the scratchcat but he's not as vital as Pokemon Trainer Red, Pikachu or Mewtwo at the end of the day, despite being my favourite of the group.

Considered for cutting:
Dillon, Samurai Goroh, Andy, Isaac, Metaknight(for Dedede), Diddy(for K. Rool) and Vaati. Various reasons why I decided against those; most of them being personal favourites.

Honourable mentions:

Chibi Robo, Meowth, Medusa, A Rhythm Heaven rep of some sort and once again Dixie Kong, who maybe some day I'll get on here. Some day...same for Doshin the Giant.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Added Dillon, Ray, Isaac, Duck Hunt, Little Mac, Ganondorf, and Sonic.

Cut Bowser Jr, Marshal, King K. Rool, Ganon, Lucas, Balloon Fighter, and Excitebiker.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Man. Some difficult cuts had to be made.

• Princess Peach checks if Starfy's invincible due to him being a star. He was not. STARFY CUT.
  • Inkling transforms Medusa into a monster. For the second time. I feel sorry for her, really. MEDUSA CUT.
  • King K. Rool captures what appears to be another pesky kong. RHYTHM MONKEY CUT.
  • Shulk uses the power of the Monado to slice another poor innocent machine to bits. CHIBI ROBO CUT. LITERALLY.
  • King Dedede blasts Meowth off again during monster clobbering practice. He got confused I guess. MEOWTH CUT.
  • Queen/Princess Zelda once again ruins Tetra's character, this time by burning her existence off of the roster. TETRA CUT.
  • Captain Toad makes his triumphant return by...changing his clothes. TOAD CUT(?)
I have to say...some of those cuts hurt. Meowth and Medusa I love to bits, and during this slaughter I accidentally offed three series. I'll try and add someone from each back as soon as possible, but I felt the other series were overall bigger deals.

Still; my Mario crew is complete for a bit with Peach and Captain Toad making them the big Mario 8, and Zelda probably deserves to be on more than Tetra...maybe I'll avoid adding any Zelda characters for a while too...admittedly it's hard due to Hyrule Warriors having me pumped for all things Zelda. Not very happy about Meowth leaving though. Love the scratchcat but he's not as vital as Pokemon Trainer Red, Pikachu or Mewtwo at the end of the day, despite being my favourite of the group.

Considered for cutting:
Dillon, Samurai Goroh, Andy, Isaac, Metaknight(for Dedede), Diddy(for K. Rool) and Vaati. Various reasons why I decided against those; most of them being personal favourites.
Honourable mentions:
Chibi Robo, Meowth, Medusa, A Rhythm Heaven rep of some sort and once again Dixie Kong, who maybe some day I'll get on here. Some day...same for Doshin the Giant.
The only things I enjoy about cuts are seeing how you portray them.
Glad you kept Vaati and Pokemon Trainer.
Poor Chibi Robo :(

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Waiting on @ kylexv kylexv
Delayed till then
That's the spirit! I hope this game continues after the 3DS version goes international.
I'll leave it to the mods to decide that, its not like this is speculation by any counts but this games purpose was to be an fun/entertaining way to distract ourselves till the game is released.
I'll keep it running till who knows how long, but if an mod comes in and close it down, then that's that.
Rosters are lookin pretty shallow :( So tiny.
Thanks for the positive feedback mate, glad to know I'm heading in the right direction, looks like next round will be an cut round, maybe 36, 35, I'll decide eventually

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Thanks for the positive feedback mate, glad to know I'm heading in the right direction, looks like next round will be an cut round, maybe 36, 35, I'll decide eventually
I hope you do. I hope you do alter this game just around my comments.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I
Delayed till then

I'll leave it to the mods to decide that, its not like this is speculation by any counts but this games purpose was to be an fun/entertaining way to distract ourselves till the game is released.
I'll keep it running till who knows how long, but if an mod comes in and close it down, then that's that.

I completely agree. The rosters should only have ten characters each, making then all probably the same roster, with everybody having one or two characters different tops.

kylexv

Smash Master
Delayed till then

I have NO IDEA why I don't get tagged until the deadline. Again, sorry for being late.

Roster Evolution 2 Round 11.png

Cut: King K. Rool, Tetra, Porky, Samurai Goroh, Starfy, Takamaru, Meowth, and Wonder Red.

Added my Forbidden 7 (For me it's eight though): Peach, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Meta Knight, Dillon, Charizard, Wii Fit Trainer, and Ice Climbers.

@ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Love your avatar, by the way.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(You know. We always go for something relaxing/pumped to something fast pace/emotional, I think we should change that and stay relaxing)
Well back on track again, same rules as always vote once and explain who you voted for and why, other than that take your time,
Nothings going anywhere.
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Golden icarus -

SunnyDust -

Mr_Anderson -

Dukenapoleon -

Yams -

Thezombiepig -

Smashermaster -

Yoshiandtoad -

Kylexv -

[/collapse]

Click here to vote
The elimination will end Tuesday 11pm Pacific

Chase

Smash Ace
Voted Anderson for Blaziken, though I almost voted for Golden Icarus due to his roster being kind of boring.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Mr Anderson as well. It's rough not having Peach at this point, and Blaziken is just odd over someone like Charizard or Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom