• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
PK ROCKIN'!

Newcomers:
  • Ness:Various rules have prevented me adding Ness until now; No having the same roster as Smash 64(and sorry Ness but aside from Puff you're last on my list for the 64 vets), No adding anyone who debuted in Smash 64 for three or so rounds, villain only round, etc...but Ness has finally made it onto the roster! No wonder he's so happy about it!

• Diddy Kong:
    Diddy Kong was one of the characters I genuinely expected to be unlockable on Smash 64 so it's surprising I didn't add him until this point. Diddy's probably in my top 10 favourite Nintendo characters of all time...seriously, why has it taken this long?

• Rhythm Monkey:
    Wha? Not Chorus Men? Well...no. Honestly the monkey appears in more games from what I've seen, is the only Rhythm Heaven character to get given a Mii Plaza hat and on top of which the tambourine game is adorable. Ness can jam with some primates instead of Diddy and a barbershop trio. I toyed with Marshall and Rhythm Girl as well as the Chorus Men when choosing a character. Karate Joe and Wrestler are cool but aren't really musical.

• Starfy:
    I wanted to promote another Assist Trophy but with the time limit I honestly didn't have time to draw Ray or Saki, and since Ness and the chimps are rocking out, I figured I could add a literal rock star in to the mix.
Honourable mentions:
  • Forbidden 7 members: Captain Toad, Princess Peach, Princess/Queen Zelda, King Dedede, King K. Rool, Inkling and Shulk. I hope I can add some back eventually!

• Ike and Robin. FE needs a second character.

• Saki and Ray as mentioned prior.
Adding Rhythm Monkey over Karate Joe or Rhythm Wrestler may lead you up to death, I recommend for next round switch him up with a character from the forbidden 7.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Just what I figured @ Yams Yams haven't posted an roster yet, so it looks like we'll be delayed sadly,
Post your roster as soon as ya can mate, and any can make revisions if they want, could be awhile since the next update (Friday-Sunday)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Adding Rhythm Monkey over Karate Joe or Rhythm Wrestler may lead you up to death, I recommend for next round switch him up with a character from the forbidden 7.
He has immunity because no one would want him gone, including myself, for we all want to see his snazzy pics.

@ Yams Yams

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Believe me; the moment that 'cannot add Forbidden 7' rule disappears, and providing I survive until then, that Forbidden 7 are pouring back in. Particularly Peach, Zelda and Dedede who are vitals. And Captain Toad(but that's personal bias).

Actually I like most of my Forbidden 7...I'm practically kicking myself for not cutting Chibi Robo for one of them instead.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No offense taken. 8V

Nah, but seriously if my rosters weakest, please vote for it. I draw because I enjoy it, not because I want to win. I'd like to get some of those Forbidden 7 back before I go though.
You've also never had the weakest roster, from my perspective, though. Considering you have all the same main newcomer wants for Smash four as I do, substituting Dixie for K Rool (though I would prefer both), I see some immediate reasons why. Following your points adds more to it.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
sorry, I've been busy, and I thought it said rosters due tuesday lol. If I get disqualified or something I understand.

Cuts: King Hippo and Porky
Adds: Ike, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Ice Climbers, Shulk, Takamaru

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whilst we wait for lonekonwolf...here's an alt outfit roster I did for kicks.

ALT COSTUME ROSTER; DO NOT USE FOR THE ROSTER COMPETITION, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.

What would you guys have for special alt outfits? If you got one; mark it as such and put it in spoilers to avoid confusion.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

ALT COSTUME ROSTER; DO NOT USE FOR THE ROSTER COMPETITION, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.

What would you guys have for special alt outfits? If you got one; mark it as such and put it in spoilers to avoid confusion.
I am overjoyed with many Game and Watch is particularly fond because he reminds me of old Hannah Barbara cartoons- but I have two gripes!
1- So many alt characters, yet Ness remains Ness?
2- I did not see the Pokemon Trio until I quoted the poster. YAY for Movie reference!!!!!!!!!
Why is it not Ash for Red, then?

I'd love to hear the inspiration for them! I don't know all of them, such as Wolf.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I am overjoyed with many Game and Watch is particularly fond because he reminds me of old Hannah Barbara cartoons- but I have two gripes!
1- So many alt characters, yet Ness remains Ness?
2- I did not see the Pokemon Trio until I quoted the poster. YAY for Movie reference!!!!!!!!!
Why is it not Ash for Red, then?

I'd love to hear the inspiration for them! I don't know all of them, such as Wolf.
1. As SunnyDust mentioned; Ness' alt is Ninten.
2. Red's alt is Ash. Not sure what you mean. Maybe I need to redo the hair and eyes to make it more obvious.

Here's the alt costume guide:

May contain spoilers.

Top row: Dr. Mario(Dr. Mario), Dry Bowser(New Super Mario Bros.), Mr. L(Super Paper Mario), Boshi(SMRPG), Booster(SMRPG), Funky Kong(Donkey Kong Country), Donkey Kong Jr.(Donkey Kong Jr.)

Dr. Mario although a vet is one of those 'characters' I don't think should ever be included as his own thing, and even the fella who suggested him to Sakurai only wanted him as an alt outfit.

Dry Bowser
is a very popular alt costume suggestion for Bowser.

Mr. L
is Luigi's popular Paper Mario rogue split personality.

Boshi
. Whilst this will probably never happen due to Square technically owning the rights to Super Mario Bros. characters, Boshi is to Yoshi what Wario is to Mario. I changed to Boshi last minute; originally I had a Plessie skin instead.

Booster
, also from SMRPG shares a lot of physical traits with Wario thus I went ahead and gave SMRPG some more representation

Funky Kong
is suggested by many to be DK's brother. I'm not so sure, but since his properties are basically the same I decided to get Funky in this way.

Donkey Kong Jr. was who Diddy Kong was originally going to be until Nintendo told Rare they didn't like the redesign and to make Diddy his own character instead. Taken liberties here since Diddy attacks with his tail, Jr. had to keep it. Whoops!

Second row:
Ravio(LoZ: A Link Between Worlds), Demise(LoZ: Skyward Sword), Vaati transformed(sorta)(LoZ: Four Swords), Female Villager(Animal Crossing), Pikachu Libre(Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Meowth in Boots(Pokemon Anime), Ash Ketchum (Pokemon Anime)

SPOILERALERT: Ravio is Link's Lorulian counterpart from A Link Between Worlds. He reveals his face at the end of the game.

SPOILERALERT: Demise is essentially the descendant of all the villains that hound Link and Zelda's descendants throughout the ages. He is essentially Ganondorf in a past life.

Vaati transformed(sorta) was a hard one to decide on. Vaati has many forms but all of them drastically change his appearance and thus his hitboxes. I was even tempted to give him a Toon Link skin, but thought better against it as I'd probably like to add Toon Link down the line. I settled for a midway form between humanoid and the well known giant eyeball form. No, it's not a legit thing.

Female Villager is obvious.

Pikachu Libre is one of many Pikachu Cosplays appearing in the upcoming ORAS games. Since Smash is all about fighting, I thought this was the best available option. Doubles as a female alt for Pikachu due to the heart shaped tail.

Meowth in Boots is a high level Meowth from the anime belonging to the trainer Tyson, one of Ash's rivals in the Hoenn league.

Ash Ketchum is of course Red's Anime counterpart. Probably more recognisable than even Red himself.

Third Row: Prince Fluff(Kirby's Epic Yarn), Galacta Knight(Kirby; Superstar Ultra), Dark Samus(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes), Meta Ridley(Metroid Prime), Marcus McCloud(Starfox Command), Mayor Howlihan(Dillon's Rolling Western), Malcolm(Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger).

Prince Fluff has had a rough old time of it. He's had his game hijacked by Kirby at the last minute. Now he can hijack Kirby's Smash appearance. Since Epic Yarn had the two have similar abilities I figured it'd be okay to have Fluff appear as Kirby's alt.

Galacta Knight looks so similar to Meta Knight it had to be done really.

Dark Samus again; quite an obvious choice. I couldn't see myself getting around to adding her to the real roster, but felt she'd be better off as an alt skin than an AT.

Meta Ridley is also a fairly obvious choice. Due to the size of Ridley it may be tricky to recognise the outfit here.

Marcus McCloud
is Fox's son. I ended up choosing him over James McCloud merely because the alt design appears more strikingly different than what is essentially just Fox in sunglasses.

Mayor Howlihan
. Hoo boy. I was struggling to find an alt character for Wolf; his feral style doesn't really suit James McCloud, and his claw attacks don't gel well with Leon. Struggling to find someone in Starfox for him to alt to, I ended up picking an ex-ranger from Dillon's Rolling Western due to him also being an anthromorphic Wolf with an eye injury. At least it sounds like Mayor Howlihan was a pretty tough guy in the past.

Malcolm. Easy enough; Malcolm is the only other armadillo from Rolling Western. He's a mayor and opposed to Dillon who is tough and gruff, he's a pretty happy guy.

Fourth Row: Blood Falcon(F-Zero X), Antonio Guster(F-Zero X), Dark Pit/Pittoo(Kid Icarus: Uprising), Medusa (Kid Icarus), 'Marth'(Fire Emblem Awakening), Rachel(Advance Wars: Dual Strike), Matthew(Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

Blood Falcon is Captain Falcon's literal clone. Fairly easy choice.

Antonio Guster was Samurai Goroh's right hand man and long time friend until the bandit betrayed him leaving him at the hands of the Galactic Space Allies. Now Guster is seeking revenge on Goroh. Which will be hard since he now IS Goroh with this alt costume decision.

Dark Pit/Pittoo is Pit's literal clone again, although he's likely to make the jump to playable if Sm4sh, I'd much prefer him just be a good alt.

Medusa(classic) is based off the monsterous appearance Palutena cursed her with in Kid Icarus. Used the classic colour scheme from the artwork, and gave her the giant eye and blue big lips but kept the rest of her relatively the same.

'Marth' is...well after the latest newcomer reveal I'm fairly sure everyone knows who 'Marth' really is.

Rachel...another tricky one. Andy, like Pit and Falcon there, has an actual clone I could of used...however said clone looks EXACTLY like Andy and thus would make for a very boring alt. Of all the COs in Advance Wars Rachel is the most similar to Andy in both dress sense and the ability to fix things.

Matthew is Isaac and Jenna's son, and the main protagonist of Dark Dawn. Really when choosing an Isaac alt, Matthew is the best option for someone with a similar body structure and look. Adult Isaac would of altered his height and the like so that was out pretty quickly.

Row Five: Alph(Pikmin 3), Ninten(MOTHER), Little Mac(Super Punch Out), Rusty Slugger(Rusty's Real Deal Baseball), Oil Panic Game and Watch(G+W: Oil Panic), Drake Redcrest outfit(Chibi-Robo!), Starly(Legend of Starfy 3)

Alph is by far the most similar in body shape to Olimar within Pikmin. So much so I am honestly expecting Olimar to get Alph as an alt in the real game.

Ninten was MOTHER's first protagonist. His appearance, unlike Lucas, is so similar to Ness, I felt Ninten was the most logical outfit for Ness(outside his PJs).

Little Mac...is Little Mac. This is what he looked like in Super Punch Out. For some reason they changed his hair colour and style drastically as well as made him a topless boxer. Go figure.

Rusty Slugger is down on his luck. The most similar looking Nintendo dog to the Duck Hunt one, I ended up choosing him over General Pepper...although poor Rusty is more likely to sob than laugh at you. He's going through a rough divorce.

Oil Panic Game and Watch is pretty much what it says on the tin; the design of the game and watch character from Oil Panic. Picked him due to his expressive look, but he was by far the hardest to choose for.

Drake Redcrest...outfit. Okay, it's not a different individual alt but the only one similar in looks to Chibi Robo is Giga Robo and the proportions are pretty dang different. Went with Drake due to his fan popularity and the outfit making Chibi look fairly neat.

Starly is Starfy's sister. That's...err...that's about all there is to that.

Row Six: Rhythm Heaven Punk Monkey(Rhythm Heaven), Clone Venusaur(Pokemon: The First Movie), Clone Charizard(Pokemon: The First Movie), Clone Blastoise(Pokemon: The First Movie).

Rhythm Heaven Punk Monkey
is seen in Monkey Watch and various other mini games as an alternative monkey design.

Clone Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise are Mewtwo's clones of the three fully evolved Kanto Starters. In the movie they are stronger than the originals.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
1. As SunnyDust mentioned; Ness' alt is Ninten.
2. Red's alt is Ash. Not sure what you mean. Maybe I need to redo the hair and eyes to make it more obvious.

Here's the alt costume guide:

May contain spoilers.

Top row: Dr. Mario(Dr. Mario), Dry Bowser(New Super Mario Bros.), Mr. L(Super Paper Mario), Boshi(SMRPG), Booster(SMRPG), Funky Kong(Donkey Kong Country), Donkey Kong Jr.(Donkey Kong Jr.)

Dr. Mario although a vet is one of those 'characters' I don't think should ever be included as his own thing, and even the fella who suggested him to Sakurai only wanted him as an alt outfit.
Dry Bowser is a very popular alt costume suggestion for Bowser.
Mr. L is Luigi's popular Paper Mario rogue split personality.
Boshi. Whilst this will probably never happen due to Square technically owning the rights to Super Mario Bros. characters, Boshi is to Yoshi what Wario is to Mario. I changed to Boshi last minute; originally I had a Plessie skin instead.
Booster, also from SMRPG shares a lot of physical traits with Wario thus I went ahead and gave SMRPG some more representation
Funky Kong is suggested by many to be DK's brother. I'm not so sure, but since his properties are basically the same I decided to get Funky in this way.

Donkey Kong Jr. was who Diddy Kong was originally going to be until Nintendo told Rare they didn't like the redesign and to make Diddy his own character instead. Taken liberties here since Diddy attacks with his tail, Jr. had to keep it. Whoops!

Second row: Ravio(LoZ: A Link Between Worlds), Demise(LoZ: Skyward Sword), Vaati transformed(sorta)(LoZ: Four Swords), Female Villager(Animal Crossing), Pikachu Libre(Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire), Meowth in Boots(Pokemon Anime), Ash Ketchum (Pokemon Anime)

SPOILERALERT: Ravio is Link's Lorulian counterpart from A Link Between Worlds. He reveals his face at the end of the game.

SPOILERALERT: Demise is essentially the descendant of all the villains that hound Link and Zelda's descendants throughout the ages. He is essentially Ganondorf in a past life.

Vaati transformed(sorta) was a hard one to decide on. Vaati has many forms but all of them drastically change his appearance and thus his hitboxes. I was even tempted to give him a Toon Link skin, but thought better against it as I'd probably like to add Toon Link down the line. I settled for a midway form between humanoid and the well known giant eyeball form. No, it's not a legit thing.

Female Villager is obvious.

Pikachu Libre is one of many Pikachu Cosplays appearing in the upcoming ORAS games. Since Smash is all about fighting, I thought this was the best available option. Doubles as a female alt for Pikachu due to the heart shaped tail.

Meowth in Boots is a high level Meowth from the anime belonging to the trainer Tyson, one of Ash's rivals in the Hoenn league.

Ash Ketchum is of course Red's Anime counterpart. Probably more recognisable than even Red himself.

Third Row: Prince Fluff(Kirby's Epic Yarn), Galacta Knight(Kirby; Superstar Ultra), Dark Samus(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes), Meta Ridley(Metroid Prime), Marcus McCloud(Starfox Command), Mayor Howlihan(Dillon's Rolling Western), Malcolm(Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger).

Prince Fluff has had a rough old time of it. He's had his game hijacked by Kirby at the last minute. Now he can hijack Kirby's Smash appearance. Since Epic Yarn had the two have similar abilities I figured it'd be okay to have Fluff appear as Kirby's alt.

Galacta Knight looks so similar to Meta Knight it had to be done really.

Dark Samus again; quite an obvious choice. I couldn't see myself getting around to adding her to the real roster, but felt she'd be better off as an alt skin than an AT.

Meta Ridley is also a fairly obvious choice. Due to the size of Ridley it may be tricky to recognise the outfit here.
Marcus McCloud is Fox's son. I ended up choosing him over James McCloud merely because the alt design appears more strikingly different than what is essentially just Fox in sunglasses.
Mayor Howlihan. Hoo boy. I was struggling to find an alt character for Wolf; his feral style doesn't really suit James McCloud, and his claw attacks don't gel well with Leon. Struggling to find someone in Starfox for him to alt to, I ended up picking an ex-ranger from Dillon's Rolling Western due to him also being an anthromorphic Wolf with an eye injury. At least it sounds like Mayor Howlihan was a pretty tough guy in the past.

Malcolm. Easy enough; Malcolm is the only other armadillo from Rolling Western. He's a mayor and opposed to Dillon who is tough and gruff, he's a pretty happy guy.

Fourth Row: Blood Falcon(F-Zero X), Antonio Guster(F-Zero X), Dark Pit/Pittoo(Kid Icarus: Uprising), Medusa (Kid Icarus), 'Marth'(Fire Emblem Awakening), Rachel(Advance Wars: Dual Strike), Matthew(Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

Blood Falcon is Captain Falcon's literal clone. Fairly easy choice.

Antonio Guster was Samurai Goroh's right hand man and long time friend until the bandit betrayed him leaving him at the hands of the Galactic Space Allies. Now Guster is seeking revenge on Goroh. Which will be hard since he now IS Goroh with this alt costume decision.

Dark Pit/Pittoo is Pit's literal clone again, although he's likely to make the jump to playable if Sm4sh, I'd much prefer him just be a good alt.

Medusa(classic) is based off the monsterous appearance Palutena cursed her with in Kid Icarus. Used the classic colour scheme from the artwork, and gave her the giant eye and blue big lips but kept the rest of her relatively the same.

'Marth' is...well after the latest newcomer reveal I'm fairly sure everyone knows who 'Marth' really is.

Rachel...another tricky one. Andy, like Pit and Falcon there, has an actual clone I could of used...however said clone looks EXACTLY like Andy and thus would make for a very boring alt. Of all the COs in Advance Wars Rachel is the most similar to Andy in both dress sense and the ability to fix things.

Matthew is Isaac and Jenna's son, and the main protagonist of Dark Dawn. Really when choosing an Isaac alt, Matthew is the best option for someone with a similar body structure and look. Adult Isaac would of altered his height and the like so that was out pretty quickly.

Row Five: Alph(Pikmin 3), Ninten(MOTHER), Little Mac(Super Punch Out), Rusty Slugger(Rusty's Real Deal Baseball), Oil Panic Game and Watch(G+W: Oil Panic), Drake Redcrest outfit(Chibi-Robo!), Starly(Legend of Starfy 3)

Alph is by far the most similar in body shape to Olimar within Pikmin. So much so I am honestly expecting Olimar to get Alph as an alt in the real game.

Ninten was MOTHER's first protagonist. His appearance, unlike Lucas, is so similar to Ness, I felt Ninten was the most logical outfit for Ness(outside his PJs).

Little Mac...is Little Mac. This is what he looked like in Super Punch Out. For some reason they changed his hair colour and style drastically as well as made him a topless boxer. Go figure.

Rusty Slugger is down on his luck. The most similar looking Nintendo dog to the Duck Hunt one, I ended up choosing him over General Pepper...although poor Rusty is more likely to sob than laugh at you. He's going through a rough divorce.

Oil Panic Game and Watch is pretty much what it says on the tin; the design of the game and watch character from Oil Panic. Picked him due to his expressive look, but he was by far the hardest to choose for.

Drake Redcrest...outfit. Okay, it's not a different individual alt but the only one similar in looks to Chibi Robo is Giga Robo and the proportions are pretty dang different. Went with Drake due to his fan popularity and the outfit making Chibi look fairly neat.

Starly is Starfy's sister. That's...err...that's about all there is to that.

Row Six: Rhythm Heaven Punk Monkey(Rhythm Heaven), Clone Venusaur(Pokemon: The First Movie), Clone Charizard(Pokemon: The First Movie), Clone Blastoise(Pokemon: The First Movie).

Rhythm Heaven Punk Monkey is seen in Monkey Watch and various other mini games as an alternative monkey design.

Clone Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise are Mewtwo's clones of the three fully evolved Kanto Starters. In the movie they are stronger than the originals.

Both should have been clear, don't know what my issue was. Maybe Red's evil eye?
Awesom'e job mate.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, I guess Yams broke the game. Can someone tag me if it starts up again?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Back from the grave. . . . Somewhat)
Over longed break but meh, nothing special other than the time would change (since I'm in an entirely different timezone)
Vote for who you want to eliminate and explain why
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
The light music club -

Thezombiepig -

Angelglory -

Golden icarus -

Sunnydust -

The_sheik -

Mr_Anderson -

Kylexv -

Dukenapoleon -

Yoshiandtoad -

Smashermaster -

Yams -

[/Collapse]

We'll finally return at Thursday 11pm Pacific
(Before 2am eastern)
sorry, I've been busy, and I thought it said rosters due tuesday lol. If I get disqualified or something I understand.
Nah, I usually i give an beginning 3 days and an extra day for those who can't make it in time, just this time I had an trip Friday so I tried to rush it before I left, your good mate

That is awesome mate.
I have nothing more to add

Well, I guess Yams broke the game. Can someone tag me if it starts up again?
Yams didn't,
An fluffy bed and a warm hot meal after an 2 day almost straight trip did. Along with reconnecting with an old sibling I haven't chatted with for almost an a year.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
My vote is in between Yams and The Shiek. Yams for Mother Brain and Meta Knight over Ridley and Dedede (yes, the forbidden 7 thing, but that's just how it goes) and The Shiek for having Fawful and Ayumi, neither of which I feel should be in at this point in the game.

Going to think about this vote for a bit.
Edit: voted for The Shiek. Fawful just isn't right, and would have been an easy cut to make.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not voting this round because I would not be able to be "objective", as my vote would be for Yams for getting in late (apparently to the point that Lone even expected him to yet again make the game late), and I don't think anyone should be that consistently behind.

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I'm not voting this round because I would not be able to be "objective", as my vote would be for Yams for getting in late (apparently to the point that Lone even expected him to yet again make the game late), and I don't think anyone should be that consistently behind.
sry

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Have to do music later, gotta sleep first)
Elimintee was @The_Sheik, her choices last time caught up with her, oh well tepig wasn't that far behind either.
Anyway, turns out the way were going we won't have enough time to end this before smash is released and I'll like to push us there before so (mainly because I'm not sure most or even this thread would still be around)
So to speed things up we may try to cut an few corners and do some doubles. . . Like now, prepare for an two way elimination
40 slots 2 cuts and go back to what you were doing
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/Collapse]

The elimination will begin sunday 11 pm Pacific. . .
Or whenever everyone gets an roster in

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Cuts: Black Shadow, Medusa
Newcomers: Sheik, Bandana, Palutena, Ice Climbers, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids
New Series: Ice Climber, Mach Rider, Rhythm Heaven
Total Series: 26

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution10.png

Decided to include the forbidden characters in the image so I don't lose track.

Added:
Ice Climbers: Logical retro
Ray: Almost added him last round but decided against it. I think now's a good time.
Sami: I didn't want to represent Sin & Punishment and Custom Robo without having an Advanced Wars rep. I figured Sami was a good option.
Saki: Seemed like a logical series to represent.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Hmm, noticed I got a few votes last round. If it was anyone here, mind telling me what got your vote?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Added newcomers:
  • Tetra:
    With Zelda stuck on the forbidden 7 list, the triforce has been in a 2/3 completion state which is something that's been bothering me for a while now. I considered Sheik, but instead went for a better balance between Toon and Realistic. Tetra's also a reoccurring character, something I look for in my Zelda choices, with three games under her belt(Wind Waker, Four Sword Adventures and Phantom Hourglass, two of which are my favourite Zeldas).

• Toad:
    With Captain Toad AND Peach stuck on the forbidden 7 list, regular Toad is the next best thing to add for the Mario crew. I mean the name is YoshiandTOAD, I need my main mushroom man(and number one most wanted newcomer) on there.
    Technically no proof Captain and iconic Toad are one and the same at current so I think it's okay. Will probably be replaced with Captain should the ban be lifted though.

• Ike:
    Fire Emblem had just Marth whilst Kid Icarus received two characters in the past. Better correct that, and who better to do so than Mr. Fights For His Friends?

Answer: Arguably Robin! But Ike's a good choice too being the most popular lord of the west and all around manly guy. I'd have had him before Marth if I could of.

• Mewtwo:
    Number one most wanted newcomer of all time, and I feel like every time I add a Mario or Zelda I should probably chuck a Pokemon in there. With Mewtwo added to Pikachu, Meowth, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise I think Gen 1 is repped as well as it possibly can be. Better add a new gen Pokemon next time.
-No cuts.
-Forbidden 7 are: Captain Toad(replaced with Toad), Zelda(Replaced with Tetra), Princess Peach, King Dedede(replaced with Metaknight), Inkling, Shulk, King K. Rool(replaced with Diddy Kong).

Honourable Mentions:
Dixie Kong. Next time Dix.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice

Added newcomers:
  • Tetra:
    With Zelda stuck on the forbidden 7 list, the triforce has been in a 2/3 completion state which is something that's been bothering me for a while now. I considered Sheik, but instead went for a better balance between Toon and Realistic. Tetra's also a reoccurring character, something I look for in my Zelda choices, with three games under her belt(Wind Waker, Four Sword Adventures and Phantom Hourglass, two of which are my favourite Zeldas).

• Toad:
    With Captain Toad AND Peach stuck on the forbidden 7 list, regular Toad is the next best thing to add for the Mario crew. I mean the name is YoshiandTOAD, I need my main mushroom man(and number one most wanted newcomer) on there.
    Technically no proof Captain and iconic Toad are one and the same at current so I think it's okay. Will probably be replaced with Captain should the ban be lifted though.

• Ike:
    Fire Emblem had just Marth whilst Kid Icarus received two characters in the past. Better correct that, and who better to do so than Mr. Fights For His Friends?

Answer: Arguably Robin! But Ike's a good choice too being the most popular lord of the west and all around manly guy. I'd have had him before Marth if I could of.
-No cuts.
-Forbidden 7 are: Captain Toad(replaced with Toad), Zelda(Replaced with Tetra), Princess Peach, King Dedede(replaced with Metaknight), Inkling, Shulk, King K. Rool(replaced with Diddy Kong).

Honourable Mentions:
Dixie Kong, Mewtwo
I think you might be one character short.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet

And here... we... go.

Added:

Vaati:
Wanted to represent handheld/toon Zelda games, and I'm not personally a huge fan of Tink. I am, however, a fan of Vaati after playing Minish Cap for the first time recently, so here he is.
Andy: Surprised that I didn't add him earlier. A worthy rep from a pretty cool series.
Meta Knight: A great recurring character from the Kirby franchise
Mega Man: We're at 40 characters now, I think having a third party at this point is perfectly reasonable, and the one who, in my opinion, has had the longest history with Nintendo is Mega Man. He's been around ever since the NES, and is highly iconic.

Total Series: 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom