• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I voted for The_Sheik, because no Villager, having Chorus Men, and the presence of Inkling. I'm hyped for Splatoon, too, but c'mon, guys, the game isn't even out yet. IMO Inkling shouldn't be on here yet.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
There are a few rosters I have quite a few problems with, so I'm withholding from voting this round, unless I'm convinced otherwise by other comments.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I voted for The_Sheik, because no Villager, having Chorus Men, and the presence of Inkling. I'm hyped for Splatoon, too, but c'mon, guys, the game isn't even out yet. IMO Inkling shouldn't be on here yet.
I still don't get the hype for Splatoon. I was cringing at my E3 party seeing about 8 or 9 satisfied faces.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And as most of you know, I hate both of them. So I voted for him. If he had Chrom I would've went to go find people to vote for him.
Allthebias
In other news, I wish best of luck to the only person (other then me, but I'm ded) who included Mario Bros. as one slot and is still in the game. As who I'm voting for, I'll decide that later. =w=

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Allthebias
In other news, I wish best of luck to the only person (other then me, but I'm ded) who included Mario Bros. as one slot and is still in the game. As who I'm voting for, I'll decide that later. =w=
That's the whole point of this game. Lol. To vote for rosters we don't like.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well... everyone is backing out of voting.
I was going to list my grievances, but instead will just list my vote.
TORNADO BUS DRIVER -

Multiple reps for certain series that do not deserve it yet, particularly Wario ware, though Fire Emblem is also befitting to this statement. I want Ashley, but in a 24 roster slot?

It just reps Nintendo poorly for me, and ultimately, the mistakes I see other people make (or what I deem as mistakes) are the ones multiple people made, many, which I then cannot single an individual out for, or really quantify as a whole by individually counting up.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait a sec, why am I in the lead for votes and no one here has said they voted for me? I'm curious as to why I'm getting all these votes.
It's the spectators, friend.
Alot of people like budging in. :\
(also, BlueDrago seems to be in the lead now.)

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Voted for BlueDrago because of the inclusion of two third parties before several important IPs and characters.

BlueDrago

Smash Rookie
I am voting for myself.

I made a rushed, dumb decision. Round 4 is still too early for Pac-Man.

Nice knowing you.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Voted for tornado bus driver for having some odd representation of series.

Plus, if we're gonna get a second Wario rep, I'd prefer this guy:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Second Wario rep will be

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Someone give this praise)
Today's eliminatee was @ B BlueDrago , with @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER behind by one vote.
He voted for himself, which if he didn't there would have been a tie, sorry mate, ya got guts though, get praise for that
Also at this point I would like to point out that we all of our eliminations have been newcomers. Whether that spells doom is your choice but in any case the rules are off, we'll just kick it back for awhile now mates
28 slots, no regulations, 2 cuts. Amend your rosters mates
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@ kylexv kylexv
@ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
@a smart guy
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@YoshiandToad
@ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson
@ domokl domokl
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]

[Collapse=vote count]
  • SunnyDust 0 (0%)
  • SmasherMaster 0 (0%)
  • The Light Music Club 3 (15.79%)
  • TheZombiePig 0 (0%)
  • AngelGlory 1 (5.26%)
  • DukeNapoleon 0 (0%)
  • Tepig2000 0 (0%)
  • The_Shiek 2 (10.52%)
  • kyelxv 0 (0%)
  • TORNADO BUS DRIVER 5 (26.32%)
  • a smart guy 1 (5.26%)
  • Golden Icarus 0 (0%)
  • YoshiandToad 0 (0%)
  • Mr.Anderson 0 (0%)
  • domokl 0 (0%)
  • Bluedrago 6 (31.57%)
  • Yams 1 (5.26%)
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
a smart guy -

yoshiandtoad -

The Light Music Club -

TheZombiePig -

Yams -

AngelGlory -

kylexv -

TORNADO BUS DRIVER -

Golden Icarus -

SmasherMaster -

Mr_Anderson -

Tepig2000 -

The_Sheik -

SunnyDust -

domokl -

DukeNapoleon -

[/Collapse]
We'll continue back at Thursday 10pm-12am eastern

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I will be adding:
Bowser
Zelda/Tetra/Sheik
Mewtwo

Captain Falcon

or not. But likely.

I hate in this game when my brain wants to get all creative on me and try to fit things in.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Was planning on bulking up big franchises by cutting Isaac and Lip, but instead went for more franchise diversity.
Added: Luigi, Villager, Ness, Captain Falcon

Series: Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Warioware, Starfox, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Metriod, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Earthbound/Mother, F-Zero, Game and Watch, Gyromite, Duck Hunt, Panel de Pon, Golden Sun. Punch Out!, Advanced Wars. Total Series: 23

I don't understand why I got the third most votes, so I thought it might be because my icons of the original 8 were all the N64 artwork, so I decided to switch them to their Smash 4 versions.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution5.png

Added:
Peach & Zelda: My roster was incredibly lacking in female fighters, so I figured it was time to bring them in.
Ness & Captain: Fairly popular Nintendo franchises that should have representation.

Unfortunately, no one new that hasn't been in Smash yet. The last couple rounds will make that difficult for a bit.

Yams

Smash Journeyman

Cuts: Ninten and Inkling
Additions: Ness (instead of Ninten), Ray (instead of Inkling), Bowser, Zelda, King Dedede, Mewtwo

kylexv

Smash Master
Roster Evolution 2 Round 5.png

Added Peach, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Dillon.

New series: Earthbound and Rolling Western

Series Count: 22 (Super Mario, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Punch Out!!, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Earthbound, Pikmin, Wii Fit, Game and Watch, Gyromite, Rolling Western, and Chibi-Robo.)

Honerable Mentions: Luigi, Charizard, Robin.

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

there we go
Added:
Peach
Ganon/Ganondorf * Transformation fighter*
Orange Star Fleet * Andy,Sami,Max together in a tank*
Pokemon Trainer *‎Squirtle, Charizard, ‎Ivysaur*

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Evolution Round 5.png

Added Luigi, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Mewtwo and Ice Climbers.

Honerable Mentions: Peach, Wario, Dillon, Chibi Robo and Falco

Series: 21 (Mario, Donkey Kong, Legend Of Zelda, Yoshi, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, Gyromite, Kirby, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, F-Zero, Punch Out, Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon, Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem, Mother, Xeno, Game and Watch)

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Roster Evolution Roster.png

Added Luigi, Villager, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers and Infantry.

Cut: Toad.

Toad was cut in favor of Luigi, who's more important to the series. I will add him back in another round.
Villager represents a really popular series and I don't even know why I didn't add him before.
Diddy Kong is the obvious choice for second Donkey Kong character.
Ice Climbers are there because I wanted a retro character.
Infantry represent Nintendo Wars, a classic Nintendo series. I decided to include them because there's no official "main character" in the series. And in Brawl they were chosen to be assist trophies over Sami and Andy.

The_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Roster Evolution Nick Roster.png

Luigi Jumps In!
Ridley Swoops In!
Villager Comes to Town!
#MonadoTuesday
Saki Shoots The Competition!

R.O.B. Boosts Into Battle!

Cut: Inkling and Chorus Men.

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
[1ROSTER] ROSTER EVOLUTION.png

Added Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness and Charizard.
Swapped Ganon for Zelda.

Total Series : 21

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

ADDITIONS; boosting out the N64-Melee-Brawl
  • Luigi from Luigi's Mansion, taking a card from Yoshi&Toad and having him rep his own series, as every character in Mario should except for Bowser and Peach, since they all have their own spinoffs of extreme degrees, meaning, very different gameplay; essentially completely different games with the marketable IPs thrown on. He is iconic and crucial to Nintendo- I debated between him and Peach and ultimately decided as his own series, he was more important.
  • Bowser from Super Mario; because the most iconic villain in Nintendo is finally allowed to make his debut, this now means the floodgates of balance can open up for a second rep to other series.
  • Zelda from The Legend of Zelda; the secondary mascot franchise, the 'hardcore' of Nintendo, can now give blessing to it's eponymous character in nearly all games. I decided that since she relies heavily on her ability to masquerade, it would make sense for that to be tied into her moveset. I am not a fan of Shiek, and if I am going to have her in over Impa, I do not see why she would be in and Tetra would not, so here we have both, showcasing Zelda's need to switch forms constantly. Rather than fully different forms or characters, I see them as timed boosts to different stats, both improving speed, and Tetra lowering Hitbox sizes and improving brawl, Sheik improving range. Or something of that sorts. Either way,it would be based on a magic meter Zelda has, paying greater tribute to her games. *If this is unclear, I will explain better*
  • Mewtwo from Pokemon, because if I need to explain this, look at my avatar.
  • Captain Falcon from F-Zero, because I wanted to make sure I had the Original 10 series represented.
Cut Wonder Red for now, needed more Room to balance out roster

Total Series: Twenty Five
Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, WarioWare, Legend of Zelda, Punch Out, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid, Pokemon, Starfox, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Dillon's Rolling Western, Golden Sun, Chibi-Robo!, Wars Series, Game and Watch Gallery, Earthbound, Duck Hunt, Panel de Pon, Gyromite.

I'm taking a risk with how I chose to portray Zelda, but honestly, I think having her character play off of a magic meter who alters her form based on it honors her better than Sakurai did! I'm excited by my imagination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom