• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Guide Contest - Vote Here!

Which Smash guides did you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The time for submitting guides for our contest is over! In this article are guides that were nominated and eligible for our $200 prize pool! If you missed the boat, don't worry, we'll be doing more contests in the future regarding guides so that great work can be rewarded and Smashboards can give back to some of the content creators in the community. Without further delay, below are the guides! Check them out, then vote (you can vote for more than 1 guide)! Poll will close after 15 days.

Prizes
1st: $100
2nd: $50
3rd: $25
4th: $25

Pikmin management and more! A SSB4 guide to Olimar.
Author: @ Myran Myran

Yoshi's Story Survival Guide
Author: @Nikes

Guide to Ace Arwing Pilot Fox McCloud
Author: @CunningKitsune

The Stellar Waltzing Duo: Rosalina & Luma
Author: @BelChydru

A Guide To The Powerful Princess Zelda
Author: @ Captain Zack Captain Zack

"Let's Tip The Scales!" - An Advanced Guide to Robin
Author: @Ultimastrike

Ice climbers 101
Author: @T3RT1S

Who ya Gonna Call? Luigi! - A Complete Guide
Author: @Drybones08

Playing with Ph1r3
Author: @Sethlon

Shulk 101: SSB4 Wii U Shulk Guide
Author: @Jerm

Competitive Philosophy for Super Smash Bros.
Author: @T0MMY

Evening The Odds-Robin General Guide
Author: @LIQUIDFGC

The blade of two fates - Marth/Lucina guide
Author: @EternalFlame

Zelda Guide: Lightning looks good on you
Author: @ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」

PSI Magnet Reference Guide
Author: @Yink

Mega guide for Mega Men
Author: @ Opana Opana

Donkey Kollege
Author: @ POOB POOB

Last edited:

Pyrofruit

Smash Rookie
Jerm's Shulk guide is one of the best I've seen, Teaches you everything you need to know about Shulk.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
PSI Magnet Reference Guide. The knowledge that Ness can absorb Link's bombs is indispensable.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Gee, I wonder who's going to get first. It can't possibly possibbly be the Roy guide with 50+ likes, right?

EDIT: oh sorry, 90+ likes.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
It's really unfortunate that being popular carries it so much more. Makes it a bit unfair for other people. (Not bashing the guide at all.)

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I'd bet on either Poob or sethlon taking first. Both their guides were really informative of the neutral game.

Dello

Smash Rookie
Poob's guide is super in depth just about everything Donkey Kong can do.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Great.

90% of this is smash 4 guides

and I was in the top 3 melee guides, smash 4 has hype building it up. hell, the top rated melee guide isn't even ON HERE.

There is a FEW project m guides.

Last edited:

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Holy moly. Cunningkitsune's guide was created in 04??? Lol. Im curious how much was added for the 2014 version

Anyway, thanks so much for all the votes everybody! :)

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I honestly don't take this guide contest very serious because it's clear to see the people voting are bias. The top 4 voted guides so far are either for Melee or Project M. I doubt most of the people that voted even bothered to look at half of the guides listed. I would suggest splitting it up between games if you do a contest like this next time because it is unfair to a lot of the people that didn't make a guide 5+ years ago about a game that came out last month.

Last edited:

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I honestly don't take this guide contest very serious because it's clear to see the people voting are bias. The top 4 voted guides so far are either for Melee or Project M. I doubt most of the people that voted even bothered to look at half of the guides listed. I would suggest splitting it up between games if you do a contest like this next time because it is unfair to a lot of the people that didn't make a guide 5+ years ago about a game that came out last month.
Are you kidding me? I think it's you who hasn't looked at any of the guides. There are prob. 10+ melee guides that should consist of the top ten of this contest due to the volume of content and the depth in which they go into competitive gameplay (written by actual pro players). Smash 4 (and PM to a lesser extent, minus the Sethlon's Roy Guide) doesn't even have a real competiteive scene yet and all the smash 4 guides have been written by no-bodies with barely any tournament experience. The guides are honestly a joke, smash 4 doesn't even have a meta. Again, just look at CunningKitsune's guide and if you can find any Smash 4 guide that equates to more than 1/10th of the quality of that guide, I'll mail you $5.00. Include a detailed analysis of your critique and I will legit mail you the money because i know you won't be able to.

Btw I looked at all the guides for some stupid reason and the best smash 4 guide was the shulk one, that was actually a well put together instructional. Unfortunately the game is kind of bad and doesn't really have any depth atm, plus the author is again, just some random. One more time, the game isn't old enough and prob. wont end up being deep enough (it's freaking brawl 2) to warrant any decent amount of votes.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Are you kidding me? I think it's you who hasn't looked at any of the guides. There are prob. 10+ melee guides that should consist of the top ten of this contest due to the volume of content and the depth in which they go into competitive gameplay (written by actual pro players). Smash 4 (and PM to a lesser extent, minus the Sethlon's Roy Guide) doesn't even have a real competiteive scene yet and all the smash 4 guides have been written by no-bodies with barely any tournament experience. The guides are honestly a joke, smash 4 doesn't even have a meta. Again, just look at CunningKitsune's guide and if you can find any Smash 4 guide that equates to more than 1/10th of the quality of that guide, I'll mail you $5.00. Include a detailed analysis of your critique and I will legit mail you the money because i know you won't be able to.

Btw I looked at all the guides for some stupid reason and the best smash 4 guide was the shulk one, that was actually a well put together instructional. Unfortunately the game is kind of bad and doesn't really have any depth atm, plus the author is again, just some random. One more time, the game isn't old enough and prob. wont end up being deep enough (it's freaking brawl 2) to warrant any decent amount of votes. I do agree that the 2nd place guide was a pos too(the zelda one), the kid just had his friends and sister help him vote for his guide. That Zelda guide had 0 depth and 0 expert analysis or opinion to warrent it being taken seriously by a competitive player.
this isn't a guide contest and more of a popularity contest. the only good guide on here is cunningkitsune's and everyone knows that.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Cunningkitsune does deserve this win but your post HoChiMinhTrail does seem biased against Smash 4. Also, you don't have to be a good player to be a good contributor,

Top Bottom