• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 30th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look."

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Ohhh when I first saw this, I didn't see the outline. NOW I see it.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I was really hoping this feature would be on the Wii U as well. My best friend and I only play team battles together and she only allows us to play as the Green Team... I am SO sick of every characters GREEN costume!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
It is far easier to tell your team member s apart by forcing them to be a color. This doesnt translate well at all on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I hope this doesn't limit costume opportunities because of characters needing to fit a certain outline.

Though I do like what this means for team battles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is far easier to tell your team member s apart by forcing them to be a color. This doesnt translate well at all on the Wii U version.
It's not like that option doesn't exist though, team players can just organise to use the same colours among themselves if they have difficulty.

Also the lines apparently become thicker as you zoom out, they are only thin here because the camera is so close.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
For those who don't know: the pic has been out for hours now. Rumor has it that the translation just wasn't ready up until this point.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One of these things is not like the other...

Link has no fire powers. :3

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's more of a cosmetic change than killing your eyes. Not everyone is into Red, Blue and Green only teammates.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I don't really understand the complaints. Typically if you're on a team with someone, you know which character/palette you are, and all that leaves is to remember your partner's choice.

With only four characters on the screen, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
At least it's not menus..............................three..........
.......more.................days....................

Shog

Smash Ace
Wow, this is awesome, what is up with you folks? We can finally have a purple, white etc. team! With glorious outlines to boot: For example, my sister always liked Yellow Kirby, and now with this, she can use Yellow Kirby and I can use Yellow Link/Pikachu/etc. so she can have fun with her favourite color. And the outline is like an aura, that's awesome.

Am I the only one here liking this :<

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
There are too many Wii U Updates. We need more 3DS pics. :troll:

^
The above is a joke. Do not take it seriously I beg you. Also that pic is pretty cool as it explains a thing for teams which I really like so yeah.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
So like the 3DS version. YES, no more use this color only team!!!

Now everyone is freely can make dark vs. Light or hero vs. Villian.

P.S. Red team and blue team still exist anyway.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
Frankly I like this option of distinguishing teams better than assigning colors, it looks clean. I feel team battles could've always been done like this, but the outline makes it a bit more evident of who's where.

Just the same, I wonder if being able to restore the assigning of teams by color is present as an option.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I was really hoping this feature would be on the Wii U as well. My best friend and I only play team battles together and she only allows us to play as the Green Team... I am SO sick of every characters GREEN costume!
Or you could man up and say no, I want to be blue / red.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Looks nice, so forced palette switches to match team color are no longer part of the game?

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
As others have said already, you can just organize yourselves to share certain colors per team.

This can create interesting "color teams" like, instead of just red, green and blue, some character pairings might be able to do yellow, orange, black, white, purple, pink teams etc.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I like his idea! No more forcing us to be one color! To the people who say they will have a hard time knowing who your teammate is...really? Cuz all you have to do is remember your own character and who your partner picked...it's not like this is a 4v4 all out battle....it's just 2v2!

Last edited:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I like his idea! No more forcing us to be one color! To the people who say they will have a hard time knowing who your teammate is...really? Cuz all you have to do is remember your own character and who your partner picked...it's not like this is a 4v4 all out battle....it's just 2v2!
Yeah, but if you have an enemy picking the same character as your teammate, it can get a little challenging distinguishing between the two... or if... you have an all Fox fight *shudder*

Aaaanyways, that's not much of a problem at all. You can still have both characters on each team pick the same color as their teammate be it red, green, blue, black, white, purple, etc.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i don't understand why they've chosen this outline option in the first place. Just place the red/blue/yellow/green icon above the characters.

Top Bottom