• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 29th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. For the 3DS version, you can select alternate tracks for stages by holding down the R Button while you select the stage--the brown drop shadow that frames the stage image when you hold down the R Button indicates the alternate track is active. For the Living Room stage, the alternate track is the vocal version of the default track. Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."

He also included an additional picture saying "Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
4... More... Days...
Sakurai please don't show anymore 3DS pictures you're gonna make me go crazy. Hype is overloaded

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
hmmm... so since there are only two songs available for every 3ds stage, there's this "smart one click-option" to alter between those two songs huh? So where does it say which track is the brown drop shadow frame?

It's probably noticable somewhere on the lower screen maybe, since this is the upper screen, but it's kind of a strange way to present this option.

Lochnis

Smash Rookie
I do like the indication for when the alternate track is on, but is there going to be a way to change out the tracks that play on the stage?

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Ah, I assumed that's what it was.

Second pic BTW

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."

GymleaderBen

Smash Apprentice
I think my favorite thing about this week is going to be all the people furious at the daily pics since release is so close.

Smash fans are my favorite kind of crazy

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ah, I assumed that's what it was.

Second pic BTW

"Also, For the Boxing Ring, if you select the stage while holding down the L Button, you can play on the Smash Bros. version of the stage. If you hold down the Y Button, you can choose to play on the Punch Out! version. These variations are usually selected at random, but this method lets you select them manually."
Any idea how many variable stages we have where this might work? The only other stage I can think of is Tortimer Island, but since it's randomly generated each match I doubt the button input would change anything.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
hmmm... so since there are only two songs available for every 3ds stage, there's this "smart one click-option" to alter between those two songs huh? So where does it say which track is the brown drop shadow frame?

It's probably noticable somewhere on the lower screen maybe, since this is the upper screen, but it's kind of a strange way to present this option.
I would think we'd learn what's what as we play. If we don't have to unlock the 2nd track, it should be easy to determine and remember since there's only 2 per stage. But I have to agree, it is rather odd to present it this way.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I'm pretty sure you can actually do this trick in the Demo version, which is pretty cool.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
I want to try this on the demo...

But it is a nice subtle option. Personally I'm going to miss CDs from Brawl and the larger selection of stage tracks.
Edit: I just remembered that Melee also had only two tracks and picking the alt was similar, minus the visual que. Soo this is kinda a nice throwback and inclusion of things from the past games.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
So what, we have to memorize which song is default and which is the alt for each stage and choose accordingly? What about stages with three songs?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ A Lucky Person A Lucky Person I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that all of the 3DS stages will only have two songs each. Where did you hear otherwise?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
This is useful information. I'm thinking I'll be playing on the Punch Out version of the boxing ring stage more often because I LOVE Punch Out Music. :) I wonder why they chose to make a Smash Bros version of this stage... maybe to show it off before announcing Little Mac?

(That feels like it was years ago...)

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
This is useful information. I'm thinking I'll be playing on the Punch Out version of the boxing ring stage more often because I LOVE Punch Out Music. :) I wonder why they chose to make a Smash Bros version of this stage... maybe to show it off before announcing Little Mac?

(That feels like it was years ago...)
Yea I think it was made to show a new stage while keeping Mac a secret

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
It's nice that we can manually change some features of the game with button inputs.

But I've heard Stamina mode is gone and there seems to be no way to customize the battle ending for Smash run and the like?

It's a weird mix of good things and weird not very good decisions here in 3DS world.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I just wish there was a way to play my own mp3's on stages, that way I could have any song I want.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sak Wars Episode V: Menus strike back!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Too bad one of the boxing ring stages doesn't come without the falling light fixture...

Anyone with the game confirm yet whether Kirby is as OP on this stage with his uthrow as he was during the BB demo and invitational?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Any idea how many variable stages we have where this might work? The only other stage I can think of is Tortimer Island, but since it's randomly generated each match I doubt the button input would change anything.
It's really just the boxing ring. I don't think Tortimer Island even has a button input for any of the island forms (besides Omega of course).

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I haven't seen it in any streams, but does anyone know if Mushroomy Kingdom comes in World 1-1 and World 1-2?

This is not really my favorite stage from Brawl (maybe more towards least favorite) but I preferred World 1-2 out of the available options.

Kaiju

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4081-6018-0757
Oh boy, more things I can't do because I wore out my shoulder buttons grinding in MH3U. Why can't this game use the circle pad pro, again?

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I haven't seen it in any streams, but does anyone know if Mushroomy Kingdom comes in World 1-1 and World 1-2?

This is not really my favorite stage from Brawl (maybe more towards least favorite) but I preferred World 1-2 out of the available options.
No, sadly its just 1-1. Unless you're asking about the alt music then I'm not sure.

I have to agree though easily one of the worst past stages.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Songs with vocals aren't the best match for battles, but the song was too good to leave out, so this is how we chose to include it."
Sakurai and I both love the Bath Time vocal mix! Neat :3

I always liked fighting to the ashley song. hope thats back.
It is :3

Same as Melee: it doesn't; you figure it out by gitting gud.

I was curious about this, but 4 days from release and this is all we get?!
It's like I'm really on Miiverse! :o

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
All this is well and good but I feel as though I may forget these features if they are not presented like picking the FD versions of stages are.

Also, I liked vocal songs in Smash. I LOVE "Mona's Pizza" in Brawl and really liked Ashley's Song. Hell, Mona's Pizza, English and Japanese, is stuck in my head right now thinking about it.

Other than that POtD needs more Wii U....

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
Yes, I think there are just a few exceptions. However, the Wii U version will work similarly to Brawl where you have several song options.
Thanks for the answer. That's disappointing news, but I'll assume it had to do with memory limitations on the 3DS.

Top Bottom