• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 23rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Master Hand's glove rips open, and a mysterious substance we're calling the swarm, er, swarms out. The amount of this substance determines the shape of your final opponent, and you will have to launch it away in small clusters at a time. The higher your intensity, the denser the substance will be."

D

Deleted member

Eh.. Master Core? Cool pic anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sakurai was 3early today, nice pic btw, Master Core rocks

Soul.

Master Core it seems. Hey, I guess there's "no more" menus.

D

Deleted member 268018

Hrm.. It seems interesting. Too bad there's no Adventure mode, because Nintendo decided to go all copyrightophobic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SAKURAI

Have you never heard about spoilers?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I just realized my new custom title is totally appropriate for this

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
I don't get why this relates to Tabuu. The thing originates from Master Hand, so how does that have anything to do with Subspace or Tabuu? Master Core is basically the logo of the Smash series/universe, which is an enemy of Subspace. If anything, Master Core is pretty distant from Tabuu. It's almost like the essence of the world/universe.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Marth looks so boss in that picture.

Not as much as Master Hand, though.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
This is the one thing I haven't totally spoiled for myself yet. When the game comes out in October, Master Core will still be a totally new experience for me :)

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Master hand = Sakurai
Substance = Fan-base not getting what they want

GUYS WE'RE KILLING SAKURAI. WE'RE CORRUPTING SAKURAI'S BRILLIANT MIND!!!!! EVERYONE STOP AND GIVE HIM SOME LOVE <3

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So is Master Core really his name? If so I think that's awesome! Can't wait to see this in beautiful HD in the coming months!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Despite the fact that this pic buries even more the "Master Hand is a kid playing with his toys" theory. I still cherish that Glove using entity because the Opening scene of the N64 version where he brought that dolls to life, that dolls became trophies with time, and now theres a lot of them, a lot of new challengers to fight him, and that's why Master Hand took his glove off...

BECAUSE THE TRUE BATTLE STARTS HERE

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Master Hand is the creator of the Smash world. In real life, Sakurai would be the creator of the Smash world. They're basically alike.

Mind = blown
So this means... the Final boss is and always has been... SAKURAI?!

Master Core reminds me of the antagonist in The Nightmare Before Christmas; the one who, under his burlap exterior, was actually a huge pile of bugs working in tandem.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
So this means... the Final boss is and always has been... SAKURAI?!
I guess so. In real life we fight Sakurai as well, urging him to put in our desired characters.

#mewtwo #ridley #dixie #kingkrool

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I'm kind of hyped to see what this thing's trophy reads. Hopefully we'll get some insight into the true meaning of Master Core...

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Does that mean the final boss changes every single player game? That would rock hard core excellence.
Essentially there are 6 forms to the final boss. Form 1 is the traditional hand(s). If you are at a high enough difficulty, you go to form 2 after beating form 1 and do the rest of the battle. If not, if you are at a lower difficulty that is still high enough, you skip to form 3. If it's lower than that difficulty, you start at form 4 instead. And if you are at a lower difficulty, you only fight form 1. And if you are at a LOWER difficulty (or don't choose the harder final boss path), there's no Crazy Hand.

I forget the specific difficulties though that unlock each form, but using a continue lowers the difficulty by 0.5 each time. I will not spoil the forms though.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Master Core it seems. Hey, I guess there's "no more" menus.
Tomorrow on PoTD: "How to navigate to the sound test." :troll:

Okay but seriously, I hope to see more pics of stuff like this. The Master Core boss fight was crazy looking from the videos I've seen. I look forward to fighting it in the Wii U version, assuming it'll be there. Don't see why it wouldn't be. I hope to see some Wii U pics soon!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That looks like a lot of hardcore fun. I assume those swarms are Master Hand's true form perhaps?

P.S. Where are the menus?

Last edited:
Top Bottom