• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 22nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version. Their next challenge is to battle each other with fighters they've trained up and fighters made of metal!!"

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So very relevant to all of us outside of Japan, eh, Sakurai? At least we get a sneak peak at what to expect. OCTOBER HERE WE COME!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
shulk has a 56:44 matchup against marth

100% confirmed indisputable sakurai said so

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey Japan! Wanna know what I think of your menu POTDs?

And I'm sure most here share sentiments.

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Once again, Sakurai has left us in awe and wonder. Mainly wonder this time: " I wonder wtf this is?"

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
."Here are the results for Conquest mode for players IN JAPAN that are playing the JAPANESE 3DS version."

Sakurai pretty much just said

"NOT YOU, SUCKAS!!!!!"

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really feel like Sakurai is just phoning it in now. I click on today daily pic more out of habit then interest, a habit I hope I can break quickly.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
This is factual evidence that Shulk is a better bishie than Marth.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I'm all up to look at Michiko-sans work. She deserves just as much love as Sakurai and the Smash Bros community needs to show some love to his wife. Hard to find it that some people don't even appreciate her work but call them selves supporters of Smash.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Before I entered the site I said, could today be a menu, that's impossible....And it was...WHO AM I KIDDING, IT'S ALWAYS MENUS.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ok, so I thought I understood Conquest mode from the last PotD, but now I don't. I thought they were placing ALL characters on teams and including them all in one big rating/popularity game. However, this PotD makes it seem more like the Wii's now-defunct Everybody Asks channel.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
I'm all up to look at Michiko-sans work. She deserves just as much love as Sakurai and the Smash Bros community needs to show some love to his wife. Hard to find it that some people don't even appreciate her work but call them selves supporters of Smash.
Hey. Man.

As a life-long dedicated smash fan, I feel as if I speak for a lot of people when I say I could give a flying **** about Sakurai's wife.
That was perhaps a rude way of saying it, but it's also got some comedic flair, so I hope you don't mind.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Are people seriously expecting anything but menus? What else is Sakurai gonna show, stages we already know about?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ooh, I got 1000 coins because Shulk won. I can't tell whether this is compensation for doing decently as Marth or my prize for doing poorly as Shulk- I can't remember who I used more.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
"Here are the results for Conquest mode for players in Japan that are playing the Japanese 3DS version."

We get it Sakurai, nobody else but the Japanese has the full game. You don't need to spell that out in every PotD. :glare:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hey. Man.

As a life-long dedicated smash fan, I feel as if I speak for a lot of people when I say I could give a flying **** about Sakurai's wife.
That was perhaps a rude way of saying it, but it's also got some comedic flair, so I hope you don't mind.
This isn't me trying to act like a white knight, but I legitimately think it's cool that the director's wife, someone who in most games do not participate in the development of the game itself, actually participated in giving us a complete product, and that her husband is showing off her work for the world to see.

PotD's are privileges, not obligations anyway.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
People are expecting Wii U POTD, don't expect a flow of them yet. The 3DS version was just released and we pretty much know everything about the overall premises of the game. We still have Nov. or Dec till the Wii U Version releases so Sakurai and Nintendo has to balance out the momentum when it comes to what content to reveal for the Wii U version of the game.

They have to keep the hype going but revealing too much, I have a feeling that we will probably get a Nintendo Direct probably around mid October and I believe the Japanese Wii U version releases before ours as well so lets be a bit patient and have fun speculating the information we have now with the 3DS version of the game now released.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents...........

Uffe

Smash Hero
What is Conquest Mode again? I thought this was some tier list evaluation. I was going to say, "Oh, hey! Finding out who is the best to the worst won't be as difficult now."

snaptrap

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
I'm really confused as to what Conquest mode really is. Is it a way to evaluate characters' performances online to more easily determine balance issues, or is it some sort of odd team battle where all players using a certain character compete against other teams of other characters to get the highest win ratio and get rewards if they win? I guess I'll find out when the game releases, but I really can't find a good, simple answer right now.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I highly doubt we'll get a good flow of Wii U POTD's until after Smash 3DS comes out in the West.

Also, holy **** there are a lot of entitled kids here.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
So, another boring PoTD. Unsurprising, if I must say. Though I have a hunch that the reason we've been getting such a huge snorefest lately is because we're leading up to a new Nintendo Direct that'll show off a ton of new Wii U stuff. Just fingers crossed atm.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It seems to me like Sakurai wants to show off all the 3DS stuff before we get it outside of Japan. So I would guess we won't be seeing any Wii U PotD's until after SSB 3DS hits.

Top Bottom