• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 18th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Coincidentally, the characters shown here all are part of the "Original 12", sans Meta Knight, Little Mac, Bowser and Zelda, all of whom were introduced in one of the other three games in the series.

It doesn't mean anything, but I would like to see gameplay for once.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Sakurai is really into Samus apparently if this image of the records is anything to go by. I wonder if he still believes her to be the strongest of the characters? That or just really enjoys her playstyle. His new main perhaps? :)

Regarding the actual picture, the way Sakurai words this, he makes it sound as if he and his team are striving to enhance the game even further. If that's the case, will we be seeing these in the way of patches then? Or maybe they will already be implemented in the NA release.

Last edited:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Coincidentally, the characters shown here all are part of the "Original 12", sans Meta Knight, Little Mac, and Zelda, all of whom were introduced in one of the other three games in the series.

Sorry, but I'm not following what you are saying at all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Coincidentally, the characters shown here all are part of the "Original 12", sans Meta Knight, Little Mac, and Zelda, all of whom were introduced in one of the other three games in the series.

Bowser was added at the same game as Zelda

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708

you're right Zelda and Bowser from Melee,Mk from Brawl and Little Mac is new. the rest are part of the original 12.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the menu updates that have been pouring in?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This graph charts is gonna be full of OLIMAR.

Yeah my brawl records are kinda broken because eveytime I go.
There Olimar the and over there, another Olimar.

That why I stop watching, there too many Olimars.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Checking my brawl data, my current has 1,200 hours. Thanks project m!

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I think this list would be good for deciding mains(from who you're good with to who you're bad with).

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think this list would be good for deciding mains(from who you're good with to who you're bad with).
nope... mains are dumb anyways, but just because you've made more kills with one character does not mean that you are best with that one. It's just that you've played more with that character. I'd recommend people having more different characters and not really main someone. You'll be boring as hell if you always have only one or two characters you can play with.

D

Deleted member

Captain Falcon has the second lowest amount of KO's on this chart.

This is obviously fake.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Has Sakurai watched any match involving Nairo? That guy wrecked everyone with his Zelda. Until Ness and Little Mac came in. And he still insists that Samus is the strongest? Because she is not.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Has Sakurai watched any match involving Nairo? That guy wrecked everyone with his Zelda. Until Ness and Little Mac came in. And he still insists that Samus is the strongest? Because she is not.
Its possible that he just favors Samus. He also seems to like using Meta Knight, Little Mac, and Yoshi quite a bit.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Fighter records for your user name was in Melee and not in Brawl, does this pic confirm it's not in this version as well?

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
nope... mains are dumb anyways, but just because you've made more kills with one character does not mean that you are best with that one. It's just that you've played more with that character. I'd recommend people having more different characters and not really main someone. You'll be boring as hell if you always have only one or two characters you can play with.
I play with lots of characters. Doesn't mean I can't main three or four as well.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
New comers of characters for SMASH rosters on Wii U version, who I truly wanted to be confirmed in SMASH rosters slot are Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo from Shantae series, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Hatsune Miku, especially for fans & mine sakes Geno from Super Mario RPG, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs as alternatives skin of Sonic The Hedgehog, début Ninten from Earthbound Zero as an alternative skin of Ness, Goemon and Yae from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You series, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa from Klonoa series, Krystal from StarFox series, Dixie-Kong from Donkey Kong series, Princess Daisy as an alternative skin of Princess Peach, Toad, Ridley from Metroid series, Ganondrof's new moves sets & costume from Hyrule Warriors, Mewtwo X form from Pokemon series and finally The lovely, Bayonetta as DLC playable characters for SMASH rosters slot in time to be confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai and hopefully he'll do whatever that he can develop them in SMASH 4 Wii U version for us to be importantly happy and gives him a major biggest Thx-you!✨:)☑✅✔

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I hope you can still reset these counts whenever you want. I like trying to see which cpu is the strongest and the records is the best way to do it :p

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Who are you to tell people how they should play the game?
Among other things, it is also more efficient in competitive play as well to stick to one or 2 mains until you have perfected them.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
"Mains are dumb" is over-simplifying things a lot, and I say this as someone who walks on both sides of the line. In PM I consider Ivysaur my main, but I have Yoshi, Mewtwo, and R.O.B. as close seconds, and Mario and Fox as wildcards. On the other hand, I've won two Brawl tournaments while exclusively using R.O.B. (excepting only one match I was forced to switch to Falco because of a Pit counter-pick).

I get that your point is probably that you would've been bored to watch me use one character to first place, but sometimes that's what works. Besides, it's not purely a competitive game - there are plenty of casuals who exclusively play a character because they love the character, regardless of whether they can use their moves effectively (heck, even competitively I'm like this with Mewtwo... he's not my best, but I still frequently rely on him just because I have a personal attachment).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
New comers of characters for SMASH rosters on Wii U version, who I truly wanted to be confirmed in SMASH rosters slot are Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky and Bolo from Shantae series, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, especially for fans & mine sakes Geno from Super Mario RPG, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs as alternatives skin of Sonic The Hedgehog, début Ninten from Earthbound Zero as an alternative skin of Ness, Goemon and Yae from Legend of the Mystical Ninja series, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends with You series, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa from Klonoa series, Krystal from StarFox series, Dixie-Kong from Donkey Kong series, Princess Daisy as an alternative skin of Princess Peach, Toad, Mewtwo X form from Pokemon series and finally The lovely, Bayonetta as DLC playable characters for SMASH rosters slot in time to be confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai and hopefully he'll do whatever that he can develop them in SMASH 4 Wii U version for us to be importantly happy and gives him a major biggest Thx-you!✨:)☑✅✔
Reminds me of that one "Ninten" kid on Miiverse who keeps asking for Ninten, Young Link with the Masks and Goemon on every single one of Sakurai's posts. In Japanese, too. Persistent little bugger, he is.

Top Bottom