• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Here's a basic size of the map for Smash Tour. The card suits and star marks are check points. You'll get a full-round bonus if you pass them all, and you'll get a strength bonus if you stop on any of them. "

He posted an additional comment saying "If you look reaaally closely, you'll see that by rolling a 5, you can pass through the center of the map to the other end. This means that you'll have an advantage if you keep rolling 5s!! Trophies like Ashley's that slow down the roulette wheel may help you out here."

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Looking forward to playing Smash Tour with my friends this weekend, it's like combining the friendship-breaking power of Smash and Mario Party into one giant betrayal session.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's heartbreaking to imagine how many friendships are going to ripped to shreds by this mode Mario Party-style... There's a quote for games like this...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
My thoughs of Smash Run:
I prefer Smash Run everyday, Is more fun, badass and killing enemies Nintendo characters with you favorite Nintendo Characters and runing in a Giant map and finding treasure and kill Darknut with Olimar or Kill Polar Bear while using Duck Hunt, Dude Im sold. (And the Racing game is the best $%it ever.) After all is pretty random but is you know how to deal with, you will be fine. Yo need t know how to survive.

My thoughts of Smash Tour:
In Smash Tour, Is Game of Thrones who get the lucky stuff, fighters and powers. Is way to random and Luck o my test. Play with friends is better to make the experience more enjoyable.
But the Final Battle of Smash Tour need to be its OWN Mode, I was like you beat my character, now I use another.
It would be soo gooood, I think even competitive player will use it.

Smash Run is definitely is my favorite mode because TO ME smash tour..... Is disappoint, I hate to play. Sorry guys but Smash tour was not made for me.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I was stuck in this mode for a full day just trying to unlock the "Defeat Boss in Smash Tour" challenge. I think the randomness factor is even worse then your average Mario Party game to be honest.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I only did this mode thrice just to unlock Pac-land...
I ain't touching this mode again.

Smash Run was a better mode imo.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow Sakurai great Thanksgiving photo! lol
Thanksgiving is basically a 100% 'Murikan holiday. It was invented in 'Murika for things that happened in 'Murika for 'Murikans. So yeah... 100% 'Murikan.
I doubt Sakurai is aware of Thanksgiving. Japan doesn't have Thanksgiving so how would Sakurai know about it? It wouldn't make any sense to have Thanksgiving-themed PoTD.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
This mode has just a bit too much RNG.

Between random-launching, to random item distributions, to random spinners... it's messy.

It's fun once you get the hang of it but it could use some improvements.

Would've been much better if movements on the board were still simultaneous but resolved one move at a time (rather than button-mashing for the fastest reaction to get from Point A to Point B).

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
What does he mean when he says you can cross the map with 5s?
It's either...

He means every checkpoint has another exactly 5 spaces away, so you can keep landing checkpoints for strength-bonuses if you roll consistent 5's (and don't get launched/interrupted...).

The thing about crossing the map entirely with a 5, he's talking about Ashley, if she rolls a 5 she can land on the pipe which will take her from SE to NW instantly.

Likely just poor translation.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So much better than Smash Run imo, I got bored of that fast and only did it for the challenges.

And I love party games like Mario Part and Dokapon Kingdom (if you haven't heard of it look it up!)

Top Bottom