• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 19th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. We've added Masterpieces in the Wii U version--this is where you can look back on what fighters did in the past!! You can actually play the games too."

Sakurai made a second post with a comment and picture as well: "Some of the Masterpieces aren't unlocked at the beginning of the game. It's impressive that there are even games from the Game Boy. Some games have different starting points, while others come loaded with save data."

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Second

I actually enjoy playing the masterpieces, it actually got me to buy the games later on.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
::waiting for people to insist that the Balloon Fighter and Pilotwing Pilot will be DLC characters::

I normally don't like the Masterpieces as I see it as unneeded fluff though I like this roster of Masterpieces. Especially the fact that apparently MOTHER 1 is an unlockable. I do hope we get the first Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Duck Hunt, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Pac Man. I feel some of these are a lock already.

I do like how when you select the masterpiece, the character pops out....such as Mario's left hand.

Last edited:

Ricochet J

Smash Rookie
I didn't play these in Brawl very often. Mainly because when I tried, it would take a really long time to load and at one point wouldn't reload Smash Bros afterwards

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Was the different starting points/pre-loaded save data in Brawl? I never did Masterpiece much, but that is a cool feature and may get me to play this a bit more. And even if this isn't my favorite mode, the detail with the character models and release days is very nice.

Endei

Smash Cadet
NNID
EndeiHero
3DS FC
4854-7111-4790
3 minutes? Lol. They must not know how fast the world record for Super Mario World is.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
::waiting for people to insist that the Balloon Fighter and Pilotwing Pilot will be DLC characters::

I normally don't like the Masterpieces as I see it as unneeded fluff though I like this roster of Masterpieces. Especially the fact that apparently MOTHER 1 is an unlockable. I do hope we get the first Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Duck Hunt, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Pac Man. I feel some of these are a lock already.

I do like how when you select the masterpiece, the character pops out....such as Mario's left hand.
I remember seeing Pac-Man in the 50 Facts video. I, too, hope for a Sonic masterpiece, but I'm not sure how likely it is considering he doesn't have any eShop games on Wii U.

Dan

Smash Lord
Was the different starting points/pre-loaded save data in Brawl? I never did Masterpiece much, but that is a cool feature and may get me to play this a bit more. And even if this isn't my favorite mode, the detail with the character models and release days is very nice.
Yeah. It was done in games like Ocarina of Time so you didn't have to waste 2 minutes of you 5 minute trial watching the opening cutscene.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Lol Looking at those games definitely take me back I really had good times back there I remember that Super Mario world was my very first games of Nintendo that ever played then DK country, Pac-Man (which I never pass the game), Sonic the Hedgehog, next Kirby superstar and etc. I might play all those games in the future to relieve the moment.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
EarthBound should just have you start at the battle with Giygas. "WHAT DO I DO?!" xD

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Personally, I find this a waste of development time. I never play them and the characters themselves are what got me interested into their respected series, not Masterpieces.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. It was done in games like Ocarina of Time so you didn't have to waste 2 minutes of you 5 minute trial watching the opening cutscene.
That makes sense. I forgot Ocarina was included. I guess I mainly had NES games in mind.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
More me- Now this the best thing ever, Tons of modes, balanced character and FREE DEMOS! Now, this is a true masterpiece!

Joestar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sneasel1994
3DS FC
1332-8872-4080
These were always pretty nice. Really hope they don't take forever to load like the ones in Brawl

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Duck Hunt is coming to the eShop soon and hopefully we see it here. I actually kind of want to play it. My dad used to play it as a kid as was apparently good.

Most of these I will end up emulating, but cool I guess.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
They should make a feature where if you have the game you have the complete masterpiece

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
Woah...no negative comments about the PotD being a menu...
I'm proud of you guys. You guys have really changed.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
:urg: I really dislike the inclusion of Masterpieces if the time to use them is still limited... I would probably love them much more if they were done how Animal Crossing has implemented (apparently, at least 1 Animal Crossing installment let you play full NES games, etc.). If we can't even play the full game, the development team/Nintendo might as well just release the time-limited Masterpieces to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShops as demonstration versions instead.

D

Deleted member

A waste of space in my opinion. This section would be much more interesting if it was but a showcase of all the games the characters had made an appearance in so far, sorta like a museum or such.

Demos belong to the shop itself.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
The fact that there are Gameboy games indicates there's a possibiliac to see a Game & Watch Gallery in it, though I would prefer direct ports of Game & Watch games themselves. Gallery has too much Mario.

Last edited:

passworddots

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to play some Wario Land Masterpiece!

That...that is coming...right?

Oh I forgot Sakurai hates Wario

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Eh, I'd rather have more stages n characters.

It's still cool though

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Weren't there rumours that the masterpieces barely took up any disk space at all and its more to do with loading data from the Wii Store or something? If so then nothing to complain about these being in the game really.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Woah...no negative comments about the PotD being a menu...
I'm proud of you guys. You guys have really changed.
Err...

A waste of space in my opinion. This section would be much more interesting if it was but a showcase of all the games the characters had made an appearance in so far, sorta like a museum or such.
Demos belong to the shop itself.
:urg: I really dislike the inclusion of Masterpieces if the time to use them is still limited... I would probably love them much more if they were done how Animal Crossing has implemented (apparently, at least 1 Animal Crossing installment let you play full NES games, etc.). If we can't even play the full game, the development team/Nintendo might as well just release the time-limited Masterpieces to the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS eShops as demonstration versions instead.
Personally, I find this a waste of development time. I never play them and the characters themselves are what got me interested into their respected series, not Masterpieces.
But anyway my unpopular opinion, I really like Masterpices, it just what I needed in Smash game like this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom