• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 9th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Just like in the original game, the Dark Emperor can cause status changes based on a fighter's color. Red types generally get powered up. On a different subject, the Mii Fighter is wearing a Mii Force Helmet."

Last edited by a moderator:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So he isn´t exactly a "Boss" per se.

Would that mean that bosses are exclusive to the Wii U version, or are there more out there than meets the eye?

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Hm, I was thinking he would use Level Down Gas like he does in Find Mii. It's odd that he gives the players buffs, but I guess it makes for an interesting stage mechanic.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This is actually cooler than it being a boss.
I love how Mashpotato Samurai implemented the whole color thing from Find Mii.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I love all the aesthetic options soccereye is showing us! I have high hopes for the true expansion of the mii hats.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I like all the costume options so far.

I hope the power ups don't happen all the time though. I hated Warioware in Brawl and this seems like it could be similar.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Qnly the miis get powered up? Im a little confused by this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know how I constantly complained before we knew about Miis that, if they were included, they would completely overshadow every other character?

Remember how everyone thought I was overreacting??

I'm worried about how this will work out in team battles.
Worry not. A previous update showed that you can play team battles without being forced to wear the team color.

I'm thinking it goes by which color swap you're using. If so, this would be the first time your color swap had a practical effect in combat.

Last edited:

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Maybe after you kill him by getting the last hit you get the buff depending on your color?

I also hope it's like the gunner, if the costume change for the swordfighter, you get a lightsaber with this.

Last edited:

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
Cool, I just made an Iron Man Mii yesterday on my 3ds, guess what type i'm gonna make him...

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Force helmet = Rebel Alliance helmet

Now I don't think this stage will be tourney legal, but it sounds really fun!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well that strikes another stage out for competitive play on the 3DS, but it is a seriously unique mechanic that I never would have seen coming. I'm looking forward to messing around on this!

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Given that it seems the Villager is the one who is getting a buff in this screenshot, I seriously doubt it.

You know how I constantly complained before we knew about Miis that, if they were included, they would completely overshadow every other character?
What are you talking about?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Well, it's nice to see the Miis are still getting stuff from their own games, even though their movesets are completely original. Warrior's Way armor and Find Mii sword next!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I haven't made it all that far in Find Mii, but why is the Dark Emperor giving out stat buffs? I mean, if he just got killed he wouldn't be in the shot, would he?

So now we have another stage with a major gimmick. I guess it depends on the strength of the buffs, but I'm a little concerned about how many gimmicky stages they've shown in the 3DS version so far. Have they seen the alternate FD forms as a reason to throw gimmicks into nearly every stage, thinking the competitive players will be fine with basically having one stage? How well could the metagame branch out if it heavily favors characters who are good on FD?

Then again, we probably only know about half the stages so far. And I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't brought up the more basic stages because they aren't as interesting or hype-creating.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Interesting... this harkens back to how Peach's costume could alter the probability that she'd find not-turnips with her down + B, and how colors could affect some characters' weight.

This stage has its own meta and tier list. I'm liking the way things are shaking up!

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I don't think we should immediately be calling out what stages to ban guys, we haven't even got a chance to play the game.

I for one am really excited for all the 3DS stages, I don't care if they're gimmicky they're still fun.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
All Im seeing from this is that they are going to use our personal Mii data from street pass, i.e. any gear we have attached or on will appear! I hope this is very true!!

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
...I didn't even see that happen, and yet I still think you are... '-'

I think this Girl Villager costume should get a longer skirt..
QUICK, HOW DO I UNLIKE THIS POST?!?

...uhhh I mean... not that I mean anything with that or anything... I'm not a perv or anything... nooooo... >.>

Interesting... this harkens back to how Peach's costume could alter the probability that she'd find not-turnips with her down + B, and how colors could affect some characters' weight.

This stage has its own meta and tier list. I'm liking the way things are shaking up!
Uhm... colors never affected anything other than appearance in all Smash games... °-°"

All Im seeing from this is that they are going to use our personal Mii data from street pass, i.e. any gear we have attached or on will appear! I hope this is very true!!
I wouldn't bet on that if I were you...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, everyone probably thinks you're still overreacting...

Top Bottom