• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 30th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. If you get caught in the Boss Galaga item's tractor beam, it will carry you away to the top of the screen. You can shoot it down, but it won't join you in battle for double the firepower."

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Wow, those Villagers look a lot like the Ice Climbers there

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
This is pretty awesome, so we know :4pacman: doesn't do it officially as of weeks ago, so was that his taunt with the same gravity affect? Probably, I don't even know why I asked. :joyful:Conversational purposes I suppose. LoL

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I thought the primary targets for abduction were cows, not gorillas.

Last edited:

Spartiatis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yerakitis
Wow, they even added a timer for 3DS version. Making it look like New Year's Eve or something.

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What did I just watch? Why is my life better than it was 10 minutes ago?

also,
The best DKC cartoon song has to be K.Rool's Finest Hour, just because it's a rap with Krook's March as the music.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Does this slightly confirm neutral color team battles for the Wii U? If it was a free for all, those villagers either really enjoy death as much as they come off or they should still be fighting each other. Granted its only for a PotD but still rather odd to have what seems to be 2 red team players celebrating a neutral DK abduction.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
This is pretty awesome, so we know :4pacman: doesn't do it officially as of weeks ago, so was that his taunt with the same gravity affect? Probably, I don't even know why I asked. :joyful:Conversational purposes I suppose. LoL
I think that might be his grab.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Does this slightly confirm neutral color team battles for the Wii U? If it was a free for all, those villagers either really enjoy death as much as they come off or they should still be fighting each other. Granted its only for a PotD but still rather odd to have what seems to be 2 red team players celebrating a neutral DK abduction.
Or it was a free for all where the two villagers were also controlled by humans... Like I think happens innevery PotD.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sheesh, this looks like the Villagers are performing some kind of ritualistic sacrifice.

"More blood for the blood god!!"

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Sakurai didn't say it was an assist trophy, ubt it certainly seems like one. I guess it's just a special item or something then. Catches you in the tractor beam and then goes up to the top of the screen. How much in danger of falling into the background does that make you?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
or it means that Ridley's playable. I'm sure at least one of those interpretations is right.
Or it means that Pac Man's playable. But you're probably right.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
on the smashbros subreddit we were getting a lot of spongebob memes (which I love) so I commented r/spongebros on one. It became the top comment and someone made it, lol.

Or it means that Pac Man's playable. But you're probably right.
nah dude Pac-Man's really unlikely. How would sakurai make a 2D pie work, anyways, lol. Sometimes the limitations are just TOO BIG

Last edited:

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I love that they keep showing these pics during the sunrise/sunset on these stages. It looks so good. Love the retro games popping up, too. Will make for some funny casual games.

Top Bottom