• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 25th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. For the first time ever, I present to you…the main menu for the 3DS version!! The icons are even animated. The design concept may look similar if you've played other games I've worked on. But we had a hard time making this one because…"

He also included a second picture saying "The bottom screen displays pictures matching each mode! This was quite a task for the UI (User Interface) designers, but they made it happen. Kudos to them! You can tap the screen to look up additional info like how to play--complete with diagrams."

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Wii U connectivity? And Games (Trophy Rush)? Dayum, guess I gotta buy both versions.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm seriously questioning if the 3DS version has Adventure Mode...

Anyway, beautiful menu as always Sakurai. I'm giving him a virtual clap.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Press the Wii U button to Wii U.

But seriously though, I'm just willing to bet that the button just transfers over your data to the Wii U version, that being Custom Moves and so on.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
I enjoyed seeing what they had during the smashfest, but It's nice to officially see the main menu ... reminds we aren't too far away from the 3DS' version launching.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm seriously questioning if the 3DS version has Adventure Mode...

Anyway, beautiful menu as always Sakurai. I'm giving him a virtual clap.
A Melee-like Adventure Mode would be cool! But it has Smash Run, so I am satisfied anyway.

Beautiful menu, as usual. I wonder if Sakurai's wife designed this one as well? Probably, since it looks similar to the menu of Brawl, Kirby Air Ride, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Forget lack of adventure mode, where's classic mode? I hope it's been merged into the "Smash" menu.

Also:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Nice looking menu.

But damn, Smash Run really is a big deal to them huh? I really thought it'd just be under the same menu as other game modes.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Just a guess... but what if the Wii U button also allows you to play it on the TV? They already have a lot of setups at E3 and SDCC where the screen is synced to the television, could see that happening. Controls would all be limited to the controller, but that'd be legit. Playing Smash 3DS on the big screen.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Makes me very curious and excited to see what the Wii U menu is going to be like. My only concern is there being no classic mode in the pic. I would be VERY mad if they didn't have classic mode. But I doubt they would get rid of that.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Just a guess... but what if the Wii U button also allows you to play it on the TV? They already have a lot of setups at E3 and SDCC where the screen is synced to the television, could see that happening. Controls would all be limited to the controller, but that'd be legit. Playing Smash 3DS on the big screen.
What would be the point of getting the Wii U version then?.

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
Looks like alot of goodies....i knew friday would bring great news and with the tournament today might gets more. I there still runung with the brawl pop font I see.i was expecting a solo mode button , but I guess thats not really need since the 3dS is solo anyways. That challenge button looks outta place, but im hoping thats challange mode,100 man melee, home run, and event matches. I wonder if smash brings you to a sub menu for adventure, all star, and maybe a story mode

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
The challenge button I'm assuming is the adventure mode.
I think that's this game's Event mode, if tbere's a challenge mode in a fighting game chances are it's a series of selectable mini games designed to teach you how to get good or in some cases they exist you teach you combos.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I'm honestly not a big fan of this title screen, I liked Brawl's Title Screen better. The top screen looks bland and the Circle online mode and Rectangle challenge mode don't flow with the sharp edges of the other buttons, it makes makes "Smash" look sharp and out of place. That's my artistic take.

Although the info on the bottom screen is classic Nintendo, I really wish they let us do something creative like display our favorite trophies down there spinning or showcase our custom made trophy dioramas. I suppose I prefer the creative approach in contrast to the minimalist approach.

The screens look good, I only feel they could've made it better.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I'm more concerned about where the modes like Training & Classic are. Are they in the "Games & More" part? They could've just as easily made a solo category, and placed Smash Run with that, while the Games & More category have their plethora of minigames, Trophies, and custom upgrades.

In the meantime, I'm concerned that there isn't a Data category. You know, the one where it shows records, trailers, and the sound test menu?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I like it apart from the Online and Challenge buttons...coulda slotted them all together with shapes that fit nicely like they did with Smash, Smash Run and Games and More.
Graphically it'd just look like more of a complete design and less like a collection of random shapes.

That Challenge button is by far the biggest offender; doesn't even have a similar sized stroke around the box, doesn't have the same design within the box(where's that lighter coloured section gone?) and the word Challenge is packed in so tightly it just looks uncomfortable. For a word as long as Challenge you want a horizontal box to avoid awkward kerning issues.

The gap for the Wii U and Streetpass section is fine and gels well enough however.

LinkedKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkedKnight
3DS FC
4983-5008-2730
One thing i love about Masahiro Sakurai's games, that all the menus are similar making them feel nostalgia and familiar even to the newest game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is very cool, but I have one question:

Will this game have a Download Play Feature like Mario Kart 7?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
to the people asking "where's this? where's that?"

Really, you've seen ONE screen of the menu and everyone is losing their minds about missing buttons which are probably devided into the categories we see right there in the picture.

Last edited:

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
I think the menu looks great and carries on the distinctive menu style from Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Kid Icarus Uprising. I just think the Challenge Icon looks a little out of place because its the only icon that does not have bold black lines around it.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
This looks a lot like the Meteos menu. Probably, things are movable around.

I love his style for menus. Such a big effort on small details. *Tips hat*

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I think the menu looks great and carries on the distinctive menu style from Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Kid Icarus Uprising. I just think the Challenge Icon looks a little out of place because its the only icon that does not have bold black lines around it.
Keep in mind that he said it is all animated... the outlines are probably pulsing or something.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I gotta feeling oooo that tonights gonna be another character that tonights gonna be another charaaaacter

Top Bottom