• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. This is the Tomodachi Life stage that's exclusive to the 3DS version! The front walls of the apartments disappear so you can see the area within when a fighter overlaps with the room. The rooms are randomly placed and selected from among several types. Planting an X Bomb behind a wall might be an effective tactic."

He also included a second picture saying "You might run into a Mii living in the room! The Mii characters are taken from the data in your 3DS system, so you could find your friends living in the apartments."

nessokman

Smash Lord
Great, I can have sakurai walk into the room and watch me fight.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The physical layout of the stage looks pretty....straightforward.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Nice!

Sorta makes me disappointed though, it coulda been a really great stage if they made it really big and actually gave each room its own flavor and quirks, so that it was one to remember. Sorta like how hyrule has different sections to it and everyone remembers the underground as being either dumb or fun or both.

But this will do!

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
And if your Mii's out fighting, Alfonzo lives in your Mii's living room!

Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
:4lucina:: This isn't what it looks like!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
lucinas head is about to fly through the ceiling holy ****

those rooms are too small

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
So it's like Stage week this time huh?

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Aw, I was hoping that the random rooms would just be selected from the default ones that the rooms start out as before you replace them. This way, rooms that you don't have might get spoilt (if that would count as a spoiler).

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Finally! I've been wanting to know how this stage plays for ages now and I'm happy with what they are doing I guessed they would do something like this when I saw the blue lining

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Finally! I've been wanting to know how this stage plays for ages now and I'm happy with what they are doing I guessed they would do something like this when I saw the blue lining
wait what

have they revealed this stage prior to today

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
This is cool and I am jealous that I sold my 3DS now lol but it was all for the Wii U so I guess I"m okay. Would like to see some sort of level similar to this on the Wii U where the Miis you have in your system show up.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I literally just bought Tomodachi yesterday, so this is a pretty great reveal for me haha. If this stage is using our Mii's, I can't imagine that Find Mii won't be as well though, so that's pretty cool sort of news.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Ridley just got banned from apartments.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Lucina, Get that sword away from my gurl!

Anyways, I...I...Love this stage

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Actually it looks like it might have a fall-off bottom like Yoshi's Island - see the bottom corners? i'll hazard a guess it's still banned though

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Wait... Would this make Miis a Tomodachi character? I mean when you think about it, Mario got his start in a Donkey Kong game, yet is considered a Mario character (and if you believe that the original Donkey Kong is actually a Mario game, the reverse can be said for Donkey Kong), so treating characters as if they were from a series they didn't begin in isn't completely new.

Also, SOMEBODY MAKE A "When Mii joins the battle, Alfonzo takes over the background" IMAGE RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Comic Con Gameplay for Wii U and 3DS. Is it just me or does the Wii U version look like it has been speed up a bit?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Who the hell is Alfonzo?
Are you kidding me?
You did not just ask that.

If you really don't know who Alfonzo is, you do not deserve to be on this site.

Get out.

He is the guy who replaces Conductor Link on the Spirit Train stage if you play as Toon Link.
There has been a bunch of jokes about him since then, such as him being a boss on the Pyrosphere when you play as Ridley, or him in Robin's final smash when you play as Chrom.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Are you kidding me?
You did not just ask that.

If you really don't know who Alfonzo is, you do not deserve to be on this site.

Get out.

He is the guy who replaces Conductor Link on the Spirit Train stage if you play as Toon Link.
There has been a bunch of jokes about him since then, such as him being a boss on the Pyrosphere when you play as Ridley, or him in Robin's final smash when you play as Chrom.
Never played Spirit tracks, never cared for handheld Zelda games. I was confused myself every time I heard the Alfonzo joke.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Never played Spirit tracks, never cared for handheld Zelda games. I was confused myself every time I heard the Alfonzo joke.
It has nothing to do with Spirit Tracks or Zelda lore. The joke is about he replaces Conductor Link on the train when Toon Link is being played as, when a lot of people thought Tink wouldn't be playable because of the conductor. So now people make jokes about how he can't replace other characters that are thought to be deconfirmed, like Ridley or Chrom.

Top Bottom