• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 23rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours."

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
i like how they made it daytime for the 3ds (makes the characters stand out more i think) but i still think that the yellow devil should occur less frequently

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
it's not going to be any less banned on 3ds hehehe #banned

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Yellow devil looks really weird on this. Kinda like he is of a different material as the fighters

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Everyone do the "Filler Dance"!

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Since we now have confirmation that Wily's Castle is in both versions of the game, this means Windy Hill (from Sonic Lost World) will also be on the 3DS (since it was also playable on the 3DS version as well).

nessokman

Smash Lord
Sakurai, I have a message from giygas on what veteran needs to be revealed as soon as possible:

Giygas:"NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS, NESS."

Last edited:

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Aaahhh mian! This is so cool, and I was worried I'd have to wait for the Wii U version to fight the Yellow Devil :) There's something strange about this picture though... :dizzy: Like the camera is locked... maybe it is :chuckle:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Man, I was hoping for a more handheld oriented stage for Mega Man....and why the hell didn't Sakurai just make the Pacman Labrynth for both versions? While I don't mind Pac Land, the Labrynth is vastly and iconically superior in every way.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Man, I was hoping for a more handheld oriented stage for Mega Man....and why the hell didn't Sakurai just make the Pacman Labrynth for both versions? While I don't mind Pac Lamd, the Labrynth is vastly and iconically superior in every way.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Pac Land repping Pac Man either, regardless of its importance in gaming history. Labyrinth all the way, baby.

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
I like it, but I think I'm gonna destroy Yellow Devil as soon as he appears

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Why are all of you saying this pic is "filler"? You ask for too much sometimes. This isn't the Dojo anymore.

Even though it's just the same stage, it's still new information. At least it's a little different.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
It looks so weird in the daytime, I like it.
It does look strange but it's a good strange. :joyful:

To me, this isn't filler, filler is when nothing gameplay-wise is shown, this PoTD makes me happy that we saw it, I was upset that there might not be any stages to represent the blue bomber on the 3ds
I'm surprised you were worried at all :crazy: there are more held Megaman games then console, am I wrong? LoL

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Although, I will be disappointed if Sonic doesn't get a different 3DS stage, since he's a veteran and Pac-Man would have a different one.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Can we please have a option to turn of stage bosses the yellow devil looks annoying.
I really dont like that yellow devil... its just annoying and disrupts the gameplay
He doesn't look that bad, it's just something to make the match a tiny bit more challenging, I relish the challenge, any real gamer should

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, this seems to either be the Final Destination form of this stage or the moving platforms seem to be gone from the 3DS version entirely. I'm guessing there's an option to turn off stage bosses as well.

I never expected Wily Castle to be in the day, and I kind of like it. Good work, Sakurai.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I think it would be call if the 3ds stages are dlc for the Wii u version and vise versa if possible same with all the past stages from 64-brawl.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's not filler, we never knew what Megaman's home stage would be on the 3DS. It is, however, super lame.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't look that bad, it's just something to make the match a tiny bit more challenging, I relish the challenge, any real gamer should
Lol, 'real gamer'... u serious bro?
Im sorry, i didnt know that being a real gamer meant that i should enjoy disruptive gameplay. thnx for the heads up

Top Bottom